Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

Bromance: Probably the epic Larry & Bronn... sorry, Bronn & Larry saga will continue.

Jorah & Daario. Tyrion & Varys ? Grey Worm? Jon & Ramsay maybe? Yo, for the North, dude! Who the f... remembers the past anyway? Us bastards must stick together!

That's a good point. Also Jorah and Tyrion.

By omitting Fake "You know who" , D&D have twisted the reasons why Viserys was convinced by Illyrio to marry Dany to Drogo. This sort of bothers me because Varys and Illryio seem to be gamblers on the show like Littlefinger in giving a young virgin away to further their cause. Nothing good could have been foreseen of a Dothraki  horde led by Drogo invaded Westeros - per the show whereas in the original source (the books) Dany and Viserys were hopefully going to die in the Dothraki sea and that was also a distraction and a means to their ends.

Question for something I'm writing: when Tyrion refuses the free sex, the prostitute is naked? (Of course she is, but I want to be sure)

This one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiUvqiE31pA

She is clothed but we do get a great shot of the butt-less Dany prostitue :D I can't wait to see what you write.

Hi everyone, I've been following the rant&rave thread for some time, and have been trying to catch up in order to post, but kept falling behind, the wipe has made that much easier, so I signed up last weekend, though my browser suddenly decided it wouldn't let me sign in for a few days after getting the email.

Almost all of my favourite characters in the book are either a) killed off early e.g. Stannis, Jojen, Barry b ) given a particularly bad story e.g Sansa, Jaime, Stannis again, c) changed personality e.g. almost everyone d) omitted e.g. Arianne, Quentyn or e) more than one of the above. This, along with just how bad in general this entire Season 5 and some of 4 has turned me off it, especially eps 9-10 of S5. I just can't get over how bad this show has become despite starting so well,and being the reason why I read the books (during S2).

Anyway, I really just wanted to say hello to you all because reading this thread (and gotgifs&musings) has entertained me far more than the show has recently and whilst I will probably not comment all that often, I would like you to know that I'm always reading.

Thank you all so much :) 

Trolls gonna troll. Don't feed 'em.

I was a big show defender in Season 1. Less each season, until I lost my ability to absorb bullshit in S5. Now I am chagrined at how much I excused. This show is not anywhere near what I hoped to see.

I was a big show defender in Season 1. Less each season, until I lost my ability to absorb bullshit in S5. Now I am chagrined at how much I excused. This show is not anywhere near what I hoped to see.

Agreed.

I liked the show in season 1, but had reservations (like they didn't let Sandor tell his own story, they horribly changed Dany and Drogo's first night, and the black haired baby story, you could just see they were digging a hole with that one). But then in season 2, it was clear they were going in their own direction, in a way didn't capture the essence of the series. Oh, and how could I forget, the Fansafication of Sansa, that started early, but season 3, the writing was on the wall, she was doomed to wander the show forevermore, a character without characterization or a story of her own.

When D&D made it known that they wanted to include Sansa in the marriage to Ramsay... thing... back in season 2, you could tell then that this train was slipping off course.

So yeah, while I was super hyped for S1 and taped everyone's mouth closed while I watched without blinking for that hour, it became less and less with each season. Sometime in S3 it really skipped off track for me and I can't decide what to do with S6 and the Bastard Muppet show we have to look forward to.

I guess whoever is TV fan favorite will get the most screen time.

I don't think I can watch at all in season 6. I thought I could selectively but the spoilers got progressively worse. All I want to see is the Hound scenes, but I dread them, so I wish they had just left him dead. It's pretty sad when you wish your favorite character was dead, rather than on the show.

Hi everyone, I've been following the rant&rave thread for some time, and have been trying to catch up in order to post, but kept falling behind, the wipe has made that much easier, so I signed up last weekend, though my browser suddenly decided it wouldn't let me sign in for a few days after getting the email.

Almost all of my favourite characters in the book are either a) killed off early e.g. Stannis, Jojen, Barry b ) given a particularly bad story e.g Sansa, Jaime, Stannis again, c) changed personality e.g. almost everyone d) omitted e.g. Arianne, Quentyn or e) more than one of the above. This, along with just how bad in general this entire Season 5 and some of 4 has turned me off it, especially eps 9-10 of S5. I just can't get over how bad this show has become despite starting so well,and being the reason why I read the books (during S2).

Anyway, I really just wanted to say hello to you all because reading this thread (and gotgifs&musings) has entertained me far more than the show has recently and whilst I will probably not comment all that often, I would like you to know that I'm always reading.

Thank you all so much :) 

So, welcome to the ranting! And yes, what they did in season 5 and to the character of Stannis was a crime.This sums up how i felt about these two things.

How on earth is that trolling?

Another moment in which a book!scene is stripped of it's significance, but makes it into the show for LOLz. Sansa's closest living relative would be Littlefinger, right? Since he married Lysa? Why isn't he the one then to take her to the altar? 

Of course, they just wanted the visual of Theon being there, doesn't matter that he's there on the books to pass legitimacy to FArya! 

Another moment in which a book!scene is stripped of it's significance, but makes it into the show for LOLz. Sansa's closest living relative would be Littlefinger, right? Since he married Lysa? Why isn't he the one then to take her to the altar? 

Of course, they just wanted the visual of Theon being there, doesn't matter that he's there on the books to pass legitimacy to FArya! 

They would have had a hard time having Sansa take the abuse she did while LF was still there in Winterfell, even though he had a handful of Vale Knights

Archived