Rant & Rave without repercussion S 5/S 6 speculation continued [book and show spoilers]

kissdbyfire

what is going on? Why does Ramsay live until the end of the season? I swear, if they let him die a badass  death fighting against a giant (maybe it's a wight giant?)...uhh how I hate it when a film/tv show has an utterly despicable character, but they try to frame their death as something not only brave (can be in-character) but semi-heroic.:ack:

Either way, none of this has anything to do with her, nor is this any sort of a proper story, she's just a piece of cardboard, to be humiliated and degraded, then take revenge, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Nothing is just nothing. They should have killed her off, so they couldn't mess with her anymore.

Everything of this potential scene makes me fear for her to be humiliated and degregated yet again. I cannot see such a scene inside the Winterfell courtyard with all 4 present unless Ramsay and Littlefinger in charge of the situation. Neither option is good and certainly not good for Sansa. Maybe Sansa and Jon are there as prisoners after the battle with Littlefinger to that point on the side of the Boltons, before he decides how it goes down?

Why people in this show have sex with their clothes on?! This is not sex, this is dry humping!

:rofl: 

US approach to the human body will forever stay a well of mysteries to me.

Carrie Mathison in Homeland has sex with her bra on. Is she hiding a pair of socks in it or what? It can get seriously ridiculous if showmakers try to avoid "nudity"

But that's the point. They did these things to her. They didn't have to. And if anything, there's more humiliation ahead. Littlefinger. All that's left is how bad is the next costume is going to be.

All the good people got killed. So now who is in charge? We've got to root for the white haired princess. Khaleesi. That's what I'm thinking. I don't know who else to root for.

They're all dead now.

OMG. But the little girl is still alive. (ARYA)

The sisters are still alive.

Yeah, well. But the one I don't have much faith in. (FANSA)

What is it with the show's fascination with catfighting and catty women? In a story at WIC, the writer says:

...so Margaery and Cersei may have to deal with him and his followers—or die trying—before they can get back to their ongoing rivalry.

Rivalry? Is that what this is all about? You'd think with a newly dead daughter, winter coming, and Dany across the narrow sea with a trio of actual fire-breathing dragons, Cersei would have a lot more to worry about than her daughter-in-law, but NOOOO. More catfighting over who controls Tommen! 

The writers really don't get it, do they.

Prepare to ear a lot of "I told you Marge is a total bitch and Carol was justified to hate her" when/if the show brings some kind of Tyrell machination next season.

It's like political intrigue needs to be these mindless catfights in order for people to realize there's something here. And them being women, of course these fights don't need to have any real meaning.

Nothing is just nothing. That's what they've done. The show is absurd because life is absurd, that's how that goes. Like with the Hound and Brienne fight, the fights that had meaning for their stories, gone. There is no meaning to any of this. That's why this absurd scene next season is taking place. The more absurd, the better.

Theatre of the Absurd, dramatic works of certain European and American dramatists of the 1950s and early ’60s who agreed with the Existentialist philosopher Albert Camus’s assessment, in his essay “The Myth of Sisyphus” (1942), that the human situation is essentially absurd, devoid of purpose. The term is also loosely applied to those dramatists and the production of those works. Though no formal Absurdist movement existed as such, dramatists ... shared a pessimistic vision of humanity struggling vainly to find a purpose and to control its fate. Humankind in this view is left feeling hopeless, bewildered, and anxious.

The ideas that inform the plays also dictate their structure. Absurdist playwrights, therefore, did away with most of the logical structures of traditional theatre. There is little dramatic action as conventionally understood; however frantically the characters perform, their busyness serves to underscore the fact that nothing happens to change their existence. In Beckett’s Waiting for Godot (1952), plot is eliminated, and a timeless, circular quality emerges as two lost creatures, usually played as tramps, spend their days waiting—but without any certainty of whom they are waiting for or of whether he, or it, will ever come.

Language in an Absurdist play is often dislocated, full of cliches, puns, repetitions, and non sequiturs. The characters in Ionesco’s The Bald Soprano (1950) sit and talk, repeating the obvious until it sounds like nonsense, thus revealing the inadequacies of verbal communication...

http://www.britannica.com/art/Theatre-of-the-Absurd 

Either that or they can't write worth a damn. Probably both. Waiting for The Show to Make Sense...

It's all these women are about. Sexist stereotypes. Sexual manipulators, cat fighting over a man, rape victims seeking revenge. Arya even gets into cat fights with the waif, no doubt they fight over Kindly Jaqen. He's mine! No, he's mine!

I know it's been talked about a lot, but I absolutely hate how they turned the relationship between Arya and the Waif into a season-long catfight. 

Prepare to ear a lot of "I told you Marge is a total bitch and Carol was justified to hate her" when/if the show brings some kind of Tyrell machination next season.

It's like political intrigue needs to be these mindless catfights in order for people to realize there's something here. And them being women, of course these fights don't need to have any real meaning.

It is known. More sympathy for Carol. 

Of course Cersei will be justified, in hatin' on Marg and in going nuts. She's lost her eldest child (well, sorta, except for that inconvenient black-haired baby from Season 1), then her father, then her daughter; she's been raped by one brother and orphaned by the other, marginalized by her uncle, shamed by her church. She'll go full-on badass in Season 6 and will be a HERO

From a quote in a post by Le Cygne   Language in an Absurdist play is often dislocated, full of cliches, puns, repetitions, and non sequiturs. The characters in Ionesco’s The Bald Soprano (1950) sit and talk, repeating the obvious until it sounds like nonsense, thus revealing the inadequacies of verbal communication...

Art is around because of it's beauty and it's ability to communicate more than just the obvious.  ASOIAF does this.  The first season was hailed as brilliant because, while not art, it was a good TV adaptation of art.   Now it's gone way past any of those pretensions and has fallen into absurdity, cliches and cheap drama. 

So... let's just look back what they have made of Ramsay so far: In the GoT-universe he has become a raping, torturing, murdering villain protagonist Mary Sue who is playing snooker with the laws of logic to achieve his goals, all the while stealing precious screentime from the real protagonist by showing his human side of craving for the attention of his maker and giving him a girlfriend of all things.

Holy fuck, he has after all become Erika Furudo! (Behold her amazing villain song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qegCR2h-Rc, use subtitles to see what she's singing about)

The thing is... Erika from Umineko is a Parody Sue! She is totally awesome despite being a thouroughly despicable human being... She is created to be that way and inserted into a detective novel, literally robbing the detective character of his first-person narration to make everyone's life in the story miserable. It just works because the story itself is so meta. To think that they have made Ramsay Sue into Erika pretty much the same way and play it totally serious because they don't realize what they're doing...

Archived