College Football 2015-2016: Playoffs?!?! Edition

sperry

Clemson vs Bama. I am obviously rooting for Clemson, I despise Bama. I believe Bama is the better team and last night when MSU contained Henry, Coker has a big game. Bama is the most well rounded team of CF for almost a decade now. It will take a legendary performace from Watson and a huge game from Clemson's D (which isn't a weakness of the it's of all). I believe they have a decent chance. Also, for being undefeated and the underdog they are using that for chalk talk and motivation. I don't see a blow out and I believe Clemson can find a way to win this game.

Florida looks particularly poor coached on the D side, Michigan is having little trouble driving on them. Am really looking forward to seeing the Rose bowl matchup with a scrappy Iowa and a great running team in Stanford.  Hoping Barry Jr. can get a few carries ,its so sentimental seeing Sanders son, even if he's stuck behind a heisman contender on the depth chart. I just love the generational aspect of it. Kinda like Yogi and Dale or Ken/Ken Jr or Bobby/Barry. I know McCaffrey is a 2nd gen player as well, but I never really followed the Sr. McCaffrey like I did with the Sr. Sanders, so it's not as neat a thing for me.

Regarding Clemson v Bama, Its all about the D line of Clemson getting after it for me. I really enjoyed their style and think they have a decent chance of blowing up the dreaded Bama juggernaut. Go Clemson, stab the scale-y beast !

Happy New Years 2016

Florida looks particularly poor coached on the D side, Michigan is having little trouble driving on them. Am really looking forward to seeing the Rose bowl matchup with a scrappy Iowa and a great running team in Stanford.  Hoping Barry Jr. can get a few carries ,its so sentimental seeing Sanders son, even if he's stuck behind a heisman contender on the depth chart. I just love the generational aspect of it. Kinda like Yogi and Dale or Ken/Ken Jr or Bobby/Barry. I know McCaffrey is a 2nd gen player as well, but I never really followed the Sr. McCaffrey like I did with the Sr. Sanders, so it's not as neat a thing for me.

Regarding Clemson v Bama, Its all about the D line of Clemson getting after it for me. I really enjoyed their style and think they have a decent chance of blowing up the dreaded Bama juggernaut. Go Clemson, stab the scale-y beast !

Happy New Years 2016

Florida is severely overvalued and Michigan undervalued, this result is pretty expected by non sec nobgobblers

Well that was beautiful, basically everything I wanted from the game as an Ole Miss fan. Defense came to play and Chad Kelly was Chad Kelly barring that INT on the first drive. As I stated in an earlier thread I was unsure about Freeze taking a chance on Kelly given his maturity issues in the past, but the gamble paid off with a season second only to Jonathan Football in terms of total yards in SEC history. 

Great win, very excited about this program's future!

Great games today. I totally understand why college football is so much better than the professional game.

Contests in doubt after the 1st quarter? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Bowl games have always been glorified exhibitions where one team is often more motivated than another.

The beauty of college football is in its regular season.

Exactly, Rhom. Some times we get a really good bowl game, but most of  the time the reason to watch is either because you're a fan of a team (in which case nothing is better) or you're watching the regular season, which has crazy highs and lows. 

Also note last year we had that amazing MSU-Baylor game and the OSU-Alabama game, both of which were pretty compelling. Some times it's awesome, some times it sucks. Just like the NFL. 

Great games today. I totally understand why college football is so much better than the professional game.

Contests in doubt after the 1st quarter? Ain't nobody got time for that.

I think we're seeing the infancy of a College postseason that could be really great, but these fucking dinosaurs who are still in charge just refuse to see the potential. The Bowl system needed to be put to bed years ago. Fuck the polls, decide this shit on the field. 

Big 12 not looking so hot in bowl games.  K-state looks like they are going to lose, OSU got blown out, TTU got blown out (though TTU/LSU was just a terrible match up), OU couldn't get it done against Clemson, and I do not see any way that TCU beats Oregon without Boykin.  Hopefully WVU shows up today against ASU.  

Coach Holgs really needs this win in my opinion.  That season finale loss to KSU still pisses me off as I type this.  Had a shot at an 8 win regular season and a possible 9 win season. Now getting 8 is the best we can do and we better not look like shit out there today.  Holgs needs to cool his seat a bit and shore up a little fan support going into next season, a very real possibility that it will be his last.  I've been on board with him since the start and I hope he pulls through and is the coach for a long time, but that KSU loss was devastating and has my support wavering.  Can't stand losing to those guys 4 times in a row especially while likely being the more talented team on several of those meetings and definitely this year.  Should've kicked their asses this year, an inexplicable loss other than Snyder is simply head and shoulders above Holgs as a coach.

Oregon should probably be kicked down to fcs until they can pass a test indicating they have capacity/are competent to comprehend the very simple clock rules of college football.

31 point lead blown on incompetent clock management.

Edit to add: that may have been a bad assumption, we went to dinner at half. Got home and assumed Oregon had spent the half snapping with 25 on the playclock. Had no idea lockie was playing!

Do retraction. this is what lockie does to his team, same Ole same ole. ;)

Archived