Oregon militia almost killed me

Arkhangel

I am there now.  Rural Oregon that is. The common people believe that these rednecks are actually doing something worthwhile. 

Government is taking our freedoms.  We will take their visitors center! 

Oh dear.  My sister's down near Grant's Pass these days.  She doesn't have many friends in town.

Government is taking away their freedom to take land that never belonged to them, or to the government that now claims ownership, said government having taken it away from the indigenous inhabitants. 

^^^ Pretty much the gist of it. The area Paiute tribe is calling bullshit on the militia's nebulous claim.

Native American Tribe Says Oregon Armed Occupiers Are ... - NPR

NPR › sections › thetwo-way › 2016/01/06
3 days ago - The Burns Paiute tribe is demanding that the anti-federalist militants leave its ancestral lands. Paiute ...

Perhaps the govt should give the land back to the Paiute and suggest the rednecks negotiate access arrangements with the historically rightful owners in who's hands the title now rightfully rests.

Would you support an armed occupation by the Paiute to reclaim this land that is 'rightfully' theirs?

Would you support an armed occupation by the Paiute to reclaim this land that is 'rightfully' theirs?

No. I don't support armed action by any group with a grievance, no matter how just their cause. What a dumb question. I could be sympathetic towards an unarmed peaceful occupation depending on the situation.

No. I don't support armed action by any group with a grievance, no matter how just their cause. What a dumb question. I could be sympathetic towards an unarmed peaceful occupation depending on the situation.

Ha.  Wrong side of the bed today?

A little lead-in: a few days ago, one of the intellectual leading lights of this Whiskey Rebellion cosplay, noted anti-Muslim keyboard warrior John Ritzheimer, posted a vainglorious video telling his kids he wasn't going to be home for Christmas because "daddy swore an oath to defend the Constitution." His video was widely mocked.

Now that people have responded to the militia goons' (also widely mocked) plea to send snacks and supplies with, well, things like bags of candy dicks, Ritzheimer took to the Internet again to express his displeasure.

So we went and picked up some mail that came in from, you know, a lot of the supporters. But along with that mail we got an abundance of the hate mail and it was just, it was really mind-blowing to me that people would actually spend their money — you know, this box right here, 17-dollars and 90-cents. They spend and waste their money on all this hateful stuff to send out here to us and buy this ridiculous stuff. It’s really ridiculous, even the — this one was really funny, a bag of dicks. So rather than going out and doing good, you know, they just spend all their money on hate, and hate, and hate, and hate. So we’re gonna clear the table and we’re gonna continue to do work and do good for our country. We’re not gonna be deterred. We’re not gonna let all your junk and hate-mail sidetrack us and we’re gonna continue to do what’s right for our country. For the rest of you patriots out there that are still twiddling your thumbs debating whether or not you should come out, well, now’s the time. If you wanna be part of history in the making, you need to get out here and you need to show some support. Now I’m not talking about coming out here and being an “outside perimeter.” Come here and be a patriot. Come here and stand up for your country. Do what’s right. Enough talk, now it’s time for action. I hope to see you.”

• 2 weeks later...

Noted outlaw, Constitutional scholar, manly man, and all-around dipshit Ammon Bundy is apparently in custody with some of his gang of white privilege performance artists. There was a traffic stop and "shots fired" but details are currently lacking. Some reports are that at least two people got shot, but again not much information to back it up.

http://katu.com/news/local/leader-of-oregon-occupation-ammon-bundy-three-others-arrested

Another site has a social media tracker with Twitter reports that at least one person is dead, though whether it was law enforcement or one of the militia assholes is not yet known.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/lockdown-harney-county/

On 15/01/2016 at 9:28 PM, DireWolfSpirit said:

Why do you guys keep sending these poor bastards dildos?

stock-photo-23590264-couple-of-mature-ha

26 minutes ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

That.... is, by far, the single greatest video I have ever seen. By a wide margin. 

The weird thing is that red plastic cod piece makes an appearance in multiple music videos. So it kinda means it was some sort of attempt at creating a fashion.

OT, yeah sounds like one person dead in the process of the arrest but no clear indication of who.

Archived