Season 6 trailer

dariopatke

The Jamie/Cersai scenes are at the beginning of the season, just after Jamie has brought Myrcella back. You can tell because Cersai is wearing the same dress she is wearing when she greets Jamie and his boat. The rest of the time she is wearing black as she is in mourning for Myrcella.

I don't think it's going to be flowers and chocolates for long.

3 minutes ago, kimim said:

I really think this particular forum should close down everything but the R&R thread on the show.

Meanwhile, I'm rather happy about Jaime still groveling at Cersei's feet, as they have the death of a child to unite them, and the show's Cersei was never the one-dimensional villain GRRM turns her into in the last two novels. That would delay their breakup, obviously. If this whole relationship is to end with Jaime strangling Cersei, then the continuing relationship would obviously add drama to that, as Jaime still loves Cersei, and Cersei is not a Disney villain, etc. The fanservice lesbians exist in the novels, too--see Dany and her maid.

That somewhat ruins the Jamie redemption story...since he would then in the show never be redeemed except maybe at the last minute when he kills Cersei to prevent her? from doing something? like burning down KL.  The Jamie who is trying to write an honorable story in the white book wouldn't exist at all on the show, which is okay I guess, but an odd choice.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

That somewhat ruins the Jamie redemption story...since he would then in the show never be redeemed except maybe at the last minute when he kills Cersei to prevent her? from doing something? like burning down KL.  The Jamie who is trying to write an honorable story in the white book wouldn't exist at all on the show, which is okay I guess, but an odd choice.

His redemption never had anything to do with his relationship with Cersei. It had to do with his pride, his desire to kill before thinking, his being the type of person who would toss a child out a window without a second thought. Cersei would be immaterial to his redemption in the show, as she is simply not as evil in the show as she is in the novels. I mean...she might go barking mad now that she's been forced through the walk of shame and lost two of her children, but, unlike the novels, she is still pretty human.

14 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Just because he wants redemption doesn't mean hes going to get it though does it.

27 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

The show isn't suddenly going to change what it is, if you don't like it.. well you know where to go.

I enjoy critiquing the show and I like snarking about it online so I'm not going anywhere. Plus, Game of Thrones is arguably the most popular show on television right now. It has a huge cultural impact. Ranting and Raving about the show isn't just a fun bit of moaning (though it's also that) it's important if you care about nerd culture. Not only do I not want future TV shows following Game of Thrones in terms of shock value and plot holes etc. but so much of it is just plain damaging. Sexist, racist, homophobic, horrible stuff. So I'm going to add my voice to the crowd again, after most of a year mostly ignoring the show.

Just a theory about the situation at the wall, we see Davoa cloaked, probably in whatever remained of shireen's pyre, then we see Thorne and we can assume traitors smashing a door, previously we saw someone closing jon's eyes, I think it's edd, so he may be present when we see Davos is taking longclaw and the other men are drawing swords. My theory its that Thorne wants to burn jon's corpse, but mel/Davos/Edd and the Jon supporters. Are are holding his body.. So we are about to see a fight between loyalist (crows/wildings/davos) and trairtors ( Thorne and Co.)

SPOILER ALERT

my theory its that while the loyalist fight the traitors, Mel will be resurrecting Jon, now I hope we see ghost ripping throaths along the loyalist, but the other option its that he will be the sacrifice to bring Jon back..

pd: this is a blatant copypaste from a post I made in the news forum

12 minutes ago, kimim said:

His redemption never had anything to do with his relationship with Cersei. It had to do with his pride, his desire to kill before thinking, his being the type of person who would toss a child out a window without a second thought. Cersei would be immaterial to his redemption in the show, as she is simply not as evil in the show as she is in the novels. I mean...she might go barking mad now that she's been forced through the walk of shame and lost two of her children, but, unlike the novels, she is still pretty human.

I suppose it could be written as separate in the show, but I think in general, that yes his redemption was very much wrapped up in his sister, and when he distances himself from her and her horrible decision making, this was a huge step...he begins to see her for what she is..in the book, a bitch with bad judgement who never loved him the way he loved her...and so he breaks w/her.  

If he stays committed to Cersei  Carol, tiger mom, in the show, it takes the largest part of his redemption out of play.

But the show doesn't seem much concerned with Jamie and his redemption, since he is by far the less sympathetic of the twins in GOT.

So from reading this thread its assumed Jon is coming back? We know for sure that he leads the battle in Episode 9? I mean I want Jon to come back he is my favorite character and frankly the only reason I still watched the show after season 4.  D & D have pretty much ruined the rest of it for me with their fanfare bullcrap and amateuristic writing.

I just hope if they do bring Jon back he is the same person. Jons character is the most real, the most non-flinching, most relatable in the show.  I hope we dont go through the whole season with Jon not really remembering his past and him slowly remembering himself, who he was, what he stood for.  I want Jon back as Jon.  Changed sure, he did die and come back to life.  But still be mostly the Jon we knew.

As for Cersei, im sick of her.  I get that D & D want to appease people with a strong central female character but there is nothing fun about a central character who is un-redeemable.  Yeah i get it, she is fun to root against. At least she was for the over 2 seasons. Now its not fun anymore, frankly its stale as hell.  Either remove her role as a central figure and just have her be an evil side plot to one episode die a terrible death, or kill her off already and be done with it.  

Anyways just my thoughts.  

Can't wait to see Davos+Ghost tag team destroy the Nights Watch.

Nights King and Bran was the highlight for me.

Looks like another year of skipping Daenarys. They even have Tyrion and Varys in Meeren now adding a bit of Westeros spice to Essos, but what happens? Dany is immidiatly seperated from that story.

1 minute ago, KINGpanther said:

Can't wait to see Davos+Ghost tag team destroy the Nights Watch.

Nights King and Bran was the highlight for me.

Looks like another year of skipping Daenarys. They even have Tyrion and Varys in Meeren now adding a bit of Westeros spice to Essos, but what happens? Dany is immidiatly seperated from that story.

Yeah, Bran and the Nights King was a great shot.  

It is wierd to see Bran so grown-up. 

26 minutes ago, rebelgb said:

So from reading this thread its assumed Jon is coming back? We know for sure that he leads the battle in Episode 9? I mean I want Jon to come back he is my favorite character and frankly the only reason I still watched the show after season 4.  D & D have pretty much ruined the rest of it for me with their fanfare bullcrap and amateuristic writing.

I just hope if they do bring Jon back he is the same person. Jons character is the most real, the most non-flinching, most relatable in the show.  I hope we dont go through the whole season with Jon not really remembering his past and him slowly remembering himself, who he was, what he stood for.  I want Jon back as Jon.  Changed sure, he did die and come back to life.  But still be mostly the Jon we knew.

As for Cersei, im sick of her.  I get that D & D want to appease people with a strong central female character but there is nothing fun about a central character who is un-redeemable.  Yeah i get it, she is fun to root against. At least she was for the over 2 seasons. Now its not fun anymore, frankly its stale as hell.  Either remove her role as a central figure and just have her be an evil side plot to one episode die a terrible death, or kill her off already and be done with it.  

Anyways just my thoughts.  

I don't think you come back from death the same. Jons character is bound to change.

The complaints about Season 5 have already reached the mainstream. It's a little naive to claim that criticism against the show means nothing whatsoever. 

But keeping it to the trailer - It's not a bad trailer out of context per say. Like it's got action and dramatic voice overs. It's a fun watch. But it doesn't really sell what's going to be new and exciting about this season. People are gloomy, there are promises of violence and nudity. This doesn't differentiate Season 6 from the past few years of the show.

Great trailer. I'm psyched for the new season. But I'm just a biased sucker who loves the show, so what do I know?

I do wish HBO would start releasing higher resolution trailers though. I never have a problem with seeing what's going on in low-lighting scenes in the actual show, but its always been an issue in the trailers.

Overall I think it's a good trailer, not a great one, but what it does is get you excited and promises a bit more action and drama after what was understandably ( based of source material) a slower season. You get the sense that the story is ramping up which is what a lot of people want.

However I'm sick to death of 'kooky' versions of classic songs on trailers , especially something like got, it doesn't fit 

Archived