Season 6 trailer

dariopatke

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I can't stand to have inaccurate stuff posted, if people would stick to the facts then things wouldn't get derailed.

In Season 5, episodes 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 had FEWER viewers than Season 4.  That is 50% of the episodes.  Had fewer viewers.  I know the cumulative is higher, as I said.

The mistake you continuously make is looking only at the live numbers for Sunday night. HBO doesn't care about that. They look at the viewership across all platforms and as stated in the article I linked GOT Season 5 averaged 700,000 more viewers a week that season 4.  I know this fact may be inconvenient to you but it is still a fact nonetheless.

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

The mistake you continuously make is looking only at the live numbers for Sunday night. HBO doesn't care about that. They look at the viewership across all platforms and as stated in the article I linked GOT Season 5 averaged 700,000 more viewers a week that season 4.  I know this fact may be inconvenient to you but it is still a fact nonetheless.

It's not a mistake.  Live numbers are the best indication of how motivated the viewers are, and are the only source that doesn't include the same people rewatching the show.  This is the number I find most relevant and most difficult to fudge.  It's no inconvenient to me at all, since I already acknowledged that more people watched Season 5 than Season 4.

After a few viewings (there's a great screenshot breakdown up at WOTW), I really like what I'm seeing. Didn't much care for the Jaime/Cersei interactions but other than that I've got no gripes except nothing of the Riverlands being shown.

Based on trailer, the RL stuff must occur at the end of the season, after Jamie frees Marg and does whatever else in KL. I'm pretty sure we know they filmed some kind of siege at RL and the Blackfish actor is back.

I was a bit surprised the trailer included an actual frame where you can see what looks like Jon Snow on a horse, LOL....not that I'd call that sloppy or anything....

Presumably, Brienne saves Theon and Sansa from either Boltons or Bolton allies and then goes South.  Theon gets in the rowboat and rows to Pyke.  Sansa does something until LF and his Vale army show up....

I was a bit surprised the trailer included an actual frame where you can see what looks like Jon Snow on a horse, LOL....not that I'd call that sloppy or anything....

If that is him (and it might not be, remember all those people crying that they saw him in the teaser trailer as a wight ..lol!) I'm pretty certain it will not be an accident.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The producers seems to underestimate the fans' eagle eyes :D.

3 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

If that is him (and it might not be, remember all those people crying that they saw him in the teaser trailer as a wight ..lol!) I'm pretty certain it will not be an accident.

Okay, I"ll bite.  If it IS him, for reason do you think GOT would put an alive Jon Snow in the trailer, weeks before the season start, after a concerted long term high profile effort to convince at least the casual viewer that he was dead and off show?  If it's not an accident, why would they subvert their entire campaign before the first episode?  I'm game...lay it on me.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Okay, I"ll bite.  If it IS him, for reason do you think GOT would put an alive Jon Snow in the trailer, weeks before the season start, after a concerted long term high profile effort to convince at least the casual viewer that he was dead and off show?  If it's not an accident, why would they subvert their entire campaign before the first episode?  I'm game...lay it on me.

Basically its impossible to tell if it is him or not, its just a guy with dark hair on a horse. Its only going to cause interest in those who suspect its him, create a million webpages of people suggesting they've seen him, and people denying it. Up until the season starts nobody will know, its still all speculation, which is only ever good for the show.

I'll have be a minority and say it seems like it was an oversight on the show's part.  After all they refused to give critics screener episodes, which suggests that Jon is resurrected in one of the first 4 episodes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jon-snow-game-of-thrones-trailer_us_56e01e93e4b0b25c91802fe9

The Internet Found Jon Snow Alive In The 'Game Of Thrones' Trailer

And this is being reported in more mainstream places like Vanity Fair.  It does not make sense to me to under cut your own campaign of building suspense.

18 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

And this is being reported in more mainstream places like Vanity Fair.  It does not make sense to me to under cut your own campaign of building suspense.

To be fair, a lot of fans assumes or even knew Jon is going to come back. So the suspense already died a long time ago.  

37 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Because there are a billion people who will watch the trailer on HBO or Youtube ONE time and wait until the season for more, and there's 1000 of us dissecting it enough to find that still image who already "know" Jon come back anyway".

We're way more neurotic than they are sloppy.

What do you think of the last frames with Davos, Jon and Ghost? Ghost laying still or dead? I know, the usual interpretation is Davos is going to fight against Jon's assassins. But: "I've never been much of a fighter. Apologize for what you're about to see." Seems a strange way to excuse a lack of fighting skills.

To me, it seems Davos is going to kill Ghost? To have Jon's soul return to his body? What do you think?

3 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

What do you think of the last frames with Davos, Jon and Ghost? Ghost laying still or dead? I know, the usual interpretation is Davos is going to fight against Jon's assassins. But: "I've never been much of a fighter. Apologize for what you're about to see." Seems a strange way to excuse a lack of fighting skills.

To me, it seems Davos is going to kill Ghost? To have Jon's soul return to his body? What do you think?

I say no.  Ghost may already be dead.  But I can't imagine the show is going to have Good Guy Davis kill Jon's wolf, not even to bring him back.  And that would be a really stupid way to bring him back in a visual medium, stab a CGI wolf and then he wakes up like sleeping beauty? 

Mel will revive him somehow, that's why she's at the Wall.

Archived