Season 6 trailer

dariopatke

I say no.  Ghost may already be dead.  But I can't imagine the show is going to have Good Guy Davis kill Jon's wolf, not even to bring him back.  And that would be a really stupid way to bring him back in a visual medium, stab a CGI wolf and then he wakes up like sleeping beauty? 

Mel will revive him somehow, that's why she's at the Wall.

Good Guy Ned killed Lady for far lesser reasons, but I still do not think this is likely to happen, he may kill someone to make a decoy, I dont know, but something dishonorable is.

30 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I say no.  Ghost may already be dead.  But I can't imagine the show is going to have Good Guy Davis kill Jon's wolf, not even to bring him back.  And that would be a really stupid way to bring him back in a visual medium, stab a CGI wolf and then he wakes up like sleeping beauty? 

Mel will revive him somehow, that's why she's at the Wall.

I don't like that either. Of course Melisandre will do it (show version). But what if the result is the same than for Khal Drogo? We know (believe) Jon had warged into Ghost at his death. What if the difference between Jon and Drogo is the warg ability? And what would be necessary for Jon to return to his own body?

2 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I don't like that either. Of course Melisandre will do it (show version). But what if the result is the same than for Khal Drogo? We know (believe) Jon had warged into Ghost at his death. What if the difference between Jon and Drogo is the warg ability? And what would be necessary for Jon to return to his own body?

I think the show is not going to do any ghost warging stuff, it also isn't really conducive to TV.  They did a couple of scenes with Bran/Summer but he wasn't in a coma.  The books I'm sure will have Jon seeing through Ghost, but I really think the show will do something much more straightforward.  Mel gives the kiss of life or she sexes him back from the dead, and voila, he's up.  I think we know he won't turn out like Drogo because he's Jon Snow Stark Targaryen, and his is the song of fire and ice, the whole story is largely about Jon so he has to come back able to talk, think, etc.

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

If that is him (and it might not be, remember all those people crying that they saw him in the teaser trailer as a wight ..lol!) I'm pretty certain it will not be an accident.

James Hibberd from EW (owned by the same company which owns HBO) said that the man on horseback wasn't Jon. Not like it matters either way. I wouldn't expect them to deliberately or accidentally slip in a quick glance of a living and breathing Jon. That'd go against the direction of their marketing campaign.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I think Ghost will make a nice fur coat for someone after that scene.

Send it to Cersei, the way she's been drinking, she'll have to have to a tailor let out her Ladycoat. 

Good trailer, but I wouldn't compare it to say Season 4 #1 Trailer or Season 5 - The Wheel.  Those were epic, juicy trailers.  This one feels much more nuanced.  I hope we get another trailer.

we didn't see Riverlands, Sam, Oldtown, or Dorne at all.  Holy hell!  Whoever said this is the biggest expansive season since season 3, despite D&D saying the world is getting smaller every season, is right on the money.  I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

II say no.  Ghost may already be dead.  But I can't imagine the show is going to have Good Guy Davis kill Jon's wolf, not even to bring him back.  And that would be a really stupid way to bring him back in a visual medium, stab a CGI wolf and then he wakes up like sleeping beauty?

In season 1 that actually sort of happened. Right as Ned sliced Lady's neck, Bran woke up. I'm not sure if it was intentional, some weird foreshadowing or what.

8 hours ago, kimim said:

oh ffs. We don't yet know the context of the scene. I can only hope that the Yara and her partner are simply taking pleasure in one another, no more, no less. And no, that's not a cliche. What IS cliche is a straight man, offering lesbian sex between two straight women, for the sake of sexual titillation of his audience. That's what Dany's situation is, literally. Cersei's is, I agree, somewhat more complex.

Those weren't really titillating at all. I can't say it's fanservice when there's nothing remotely sexy about it. Irri acts like a machine, Cersei doesn't like it and Dany just felt sexually frustrated and feels guilt about it. The only person who even enjoyed it was Taena and she gets shut down from feeling good herself 

7 hours ago, protar said:

Ranting and Raving about the show isn't just a fun bit of moaning (though it's also that) it's important if you care about nerd culture. Not only do I not want future TV shows following Game of Thrones in terms of shock value and plot holes etc. but so much of it is just plain damaging. Sexist, racist, homophobic, horrible stuff. So I'm going to add my voice to the crowd again, after most of a year mostly ignoring the show.

Do folks seriously think that their posts on some obscure rant and rave thread on this forum is going to make a difference to Nerd culture and future TV shows?

By the way, this Game of Thrones trailer has broken HBO's previous all time record! More than 30 million views. Reddit and WOTW have record comment posts about the trailer. I predict the premiere this time will be around 9 million viewers at the least.

48 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Good trailer, but I wouldn't compare it to say Season 4 #1 Trailer or Season 5 - The Wheel.  Those were epic, juicy trailers.  This one feels much more nuanced.  I hope we get another trailer.

we didn't see Riverlands, Sam, Oldtown, or Dorne at all.  Holy hell!  Whoever said this is the biggest expansive season since season 3, despite D&D saying the world is getting smaller every season, is right on the money.  I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

This one is the best trailer yet. I think we will get a part II trailer for the rest of the stuff closer to the premiere. Maybe they split it up like the Daredevil trailers. Too much story to fit into one trailer.

14 minutes ago, Wilnova said:

But if you are a show and book fan, Reddit (Asoiaf and GOT) and WOTW are the places to be. Especially Asoiaf Reddit. They have some really good book discussions too. It's much more lively than the general asoiaf board on this forum.

Thanks I'll have to check out the asoiaf reddit :)

3 minutes ago, 0LordCommanderSnow0 said:

Too creepy for me sir or ma'am you're not tellin. ;)

Why not? Euron is a creepy pervert and i'm sure D&D would love to pull this stunt off. Though imo, it's a litter safe than screwing poor Vic, your own brother. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Why not? Euron is a creepy pervert and i'm sure D&D would love to pull this stunt off. Though imo, it's a litter safe than screwing poor Vic, your own brother.

Totally just had a brain fart and forgot we're talking about Yara and not some GUY that happens to be his brother... you may be right yet.

16 minutes ago, 0LordCommanderSnow0 said:

Totally just had a brain fart and forgot we're talking about Yara and not some GUY that happens to be his brother... you may be right yet.

You're welcome!

First Theon grope her and now Euron taking it to a whole new level? Poor Yara...

On the side note, if the woman is indeed Dusky Woman, maybe i'm nitpicking but... She doesn't look like she's one of Euron's mute (she has a tongue) nor look like she's from Lys. Which leads me to another question: Did the show keep the fact that Euron has a thing of taking out his crewmember's tongue and named his ship Silence after it?

40 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

You're welcome!

First Theon grope her and now Euron taking it to a whole new level? Poor Yara...

On the side note, if the woman is indeed Dusky Woman, maybe i'm nitpicking but... She doesn't look like she's one of Euron's mute (she has a tongue) nor look like she's from Lys. Which leads me to another question: Did the show keep the fact that Euron has a thing of taking out his crewmember's tongue and named his ship Silence after it?

How can you tell if she has a tongue it or not? 

But I think I'll prefer the toned-down Euron. No eyepatch is fine with me. Using courtesans to spy on his family sounds good. Personally pushing Balon is okay. A little less convoluted than the whole faceless man thing. 

And also, Pilou literally looks like he could be Alfie Allen's dad. A+ casting based solely on appearance. 

Archived