[SPOILERS] D&D : Season 6 is the best we have done

robasp2

9 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I'm sorry but most "negatives" I see relate to Dorne/the North one of which is hated by most show fans too and the North and those "negatives"  deal with plot holes. So I fail to see how being mad that LF's plot has massive problems or the Northern Lords being cut from the plot even though they are the whole reason for Sansa's wedding/rape as being "an insufferable book snob"

Seriously, I don't eve bother to refute those conceited remarks, because I don't consider myself a book snob. If these fanboys want to know what a real purist environment is, they should check out metal music fandoms. :lol: Most of our our criticism is soundly reasonable in the context of GoT being the most expensive and hyped TV show ever, with a great source material that has been wasted for the most part, and that it could've been GOAT material and not just a soon-to-be-forgotten attraction.

14 hours ago, Khione said:

Theon is not recaptured, he goes back to Iron Islands.

The ring bit was given a reasonable explanation, even here. So this is a nitpick

Well we don't know if he goes to theIron Islands either... Anyway my concern is that D&D overdo the "just in time" thing time after time.

1.Drogon comes just in time

2.Brienne turns around just in time the candle is lit..

3.Stannis arriving just in time to capture the wildlings.

It is so overdone and too soap opera standard.

So we can see Bolton soldiers around Theon. He definetly cant fend them off himself. Sothere WILL be a just in time appearence(Yara or Brienne or anyone) OR a Theon torture...

As, for the ring? What logical explanation is there??? Point me to a rational explanation of finding a coin sized ring in such a massive place. Considering the "explorers" dont even know where to start looking.

8 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

As, for the ring? What logical explanation is there??? Point me to a rational explanation of finding a coin sized ring in such a massive place. Considering the "explorers" dont even know where to start looking.

Follow the dragon trail.. then you follow the dothraki hoof tracks.. then you see a ring in the mud. Its pretty easy.

6 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Hey, I've read books 1-3 five times each and books 4-5 three times each.  I'm as big a "GRRM arselicker" as you are.  But I can still enjoy the show for what it is (an entertaining alternative telling of the same story) without being an insufferable book snob.  Enjoying the show doesn't make me a "fanboy", just a fan.

No need for a "positive nitpicking" thread.  Just would be nice to be able to read show threads without all the predictable smug sarcasm, lame repetitive jokes, and D&D contempt.  But I understand who runs this website, and the fish's aroma wafts from the head down.  

Agree, why create another poisonous thread to counter the existing one? Why can't there just be a healthy discussion without aggressive name calling and insults. I'm fine with the rant thread now, I don't look at it because if thats what people wanna do, thats up to them. 

43 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Follow the dragon trail.. then you follow the dothraki hoof tracks.. then you see a ring in the mud. Its pretty easy.

Dragon Trail?? It flew. Imagin a plane flew over you. How hard would it be considering you dont have radars and half the place is a forest.

If it was so simple they would have tracked down Drogon when dany asked Greyworm where he was....

Next, imagine they reached the plains. The place will be full of hoofprints. A very large area. You can maybe track direction the dothraki took but come on seriously you are justifying finding a small ring?

People even nowdays will have a hard time walking around with metal detectors.

The show is doing many things without thinking twice. See, if they thought twice they might have realized it is stupid..

Same with many other things. Written hastily and not proof read..

6 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

Dragon Trail?? It flew. Imagin a plane flew over you. How hard would it be considering you dont have radars and half the place is a forest.

If it was so simple they would have tracked down Drogon when dany asked Greyworm where he was....

Next, imagine they reached the plains. The place will be full of hoofprints. A very large area. You can maybe track direction the dothraki took but come on seriously you are justifying finding a small ring?

People even nowdays will have a hard time walking around with metal detectors.

The show is doing many things without thinking twice. See, if they thought twice they might have realized it is stupid..

Same with many other things. Written hastily and not proof read..

I think reports of a dragon would be pretty easy to follow, they aren't common and people would have seen it. You know the direction it went in, you see burnt ground, burnt up animals... its hardly impossible.

An enormous horde moving in one direction is a simple thing to follow. Especially if they move in a column as they tend to do, and then you have the large circle of hoof tracks as they circled Dany.. its like a massive target. 

14 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Sansa.  They really really hate Sansa. Apparently they are going to continue to abuse and humiliate her for the rest of the series before finally putting her out of her misery at the end.  Atleast that is what I read over in the special thread.

One question, since you consider yourself a Stark fan, I guess: Did you think Sansa Stark's storyline in the books was adapted in the show? Did you not mind the fact that the character was literally raped out of it's own storyline? If not, then carry on. But putting Sansa into the position of a minor character just to make a "dramatic point" and using rape to do so... That's not hate, I agree. That's just lazy writing and lack of talent. Both showcased in the Northern plot. 

Edit: Also, when 90% of the critics consider this storyline a misstep, you have to leave your "GOT is perfect" bubble and at least try to look at it from an objective angle.

2 minutes ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

One question, since you consider yourself a Stark fan, I guess: Did you think Sansa Stark's storyline in the books was adapted in the show? Did you not mind the fact that the character was literally raped out of it's own storyline? If not, then carry on. But putting Sansa into the position of a minor character just to make a "dramatic point" and using rape to do so... That's not hate, I agree. That's just lazy writing and lack of talent. Both showcased in the Northern plot. 

And not just that. I challenge anyone to describe Sansa's personality on the show, her dreams and desires, and so forth. Go ahead.

2 minutes ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

One question, since you consider yourself a Stark fan, I guess: Did you think Sansa Stark's storyline in the books was adapted in the show? Did you not mind the fact that the character was literally raped out of it's own storyline? If not, then carry on. But putting Sansa into the position of a minor character just to make a "dramatic point" and using rape to do so... That's not hate, I agree. That's just lazy writing.

One question. Do you believe that D&D hate Sansa? 

9 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

One question. Do you believe that D&D hate Sansa? 

No. I think they're just lazy writers that support their plot points on cliches. It's like the adaptation Troy. That one's bad even for Hollywood standards. Paris  survives, for gods sake. 

Edit: There's Wolverine: Origins too. With the fake Deadpool.

15 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Sansa.  They really really hate Sansa. Apparently they are going to continue to abuse and humiliate her for the rest of the series before finally putting her out of her misery at the end.  Atleast that is what I read over in the special thread.

The comments I've seen are not the same you've seen, apparently. Maybe you read the 'special thread' in your own 'special' way. But the complaints are not that they'll just keep on abusing Sansa until they off her. No, it's actually much worse than that. After s 5, she'll get all sorts of plot gifts, get to make a stirring speech, go to the battlefield, and fuck knows what else. Because after rape, one bounces right back and becomes oh so empowered. Yeah, right. This isn't just fanfic, it's really crappy fanfic from writers who haven't got a fucking clue, on top of being lazy. 

2 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Yes, go to where the circling pattern of the horse hooves is at its tightest and there the ring will be. However, the Dothraki would have most likely found a pearled - valuable ring and taken it as they do steal and pillage as well as rape but heh, whatever.

46 minutes ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

No. I think they're just lazy writers that support their plot points on cliches. It's like the adaptation Troy. That one's bad even for Hollywood standards. Paris  survives, for gods sake. 

Edit: There's Wolverine: Origins too. With the fake Deadpool.

Lmao! That's right, I forgot one of them was responsible for that.

19 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Well it should be in some ways considering

Reveal hidden contents

Ramsay is finally freakin' dying

Spoiler

after taking a combined 3-4 armies lmao

3 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Its funny how only a page ago there was a discussion about Ranters infecting the rest of the board with their special brand of negativity... and yet here we are again. Its almost like its impossible to keep that stuff in one thread.

LOL

Go back to page 1, and you'll see who brought up the 'special thread' and attacked people who post there. 

Archived