[SPOILERS] D&D : Season 6 is the best we have done

robasp2

15 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

That "special thread" REALLY bugs you fanboys, doesn't it.

:lmao:

1. I am a fan indeed. I wouldn't be on this site if I wasn't a fan.

2.That special thread is just the same like six people bitching about a tv show literally all day everyday. I enjoy the show, and I can't say anything positive without those guys responding to me saying how I'm wrong for having an opinion then just writing an essay about how stupid "bad pussy" was. I understand that they are really lonely and unfulfilled people, but when me or anyone else is trying to enjoy the show, they literally bombard you and tell you how stupid you are. 

So yeah, they do irk me lmfao. 

25 minutes ago, dsug said:

1. I am a fan indeed. I wouldn't be on this site if I wasn't a fan.

2.That special thread is just the same like six people bitching about a tv show literally all day everyday. I enjoy the show, and I can't say anything positive without those guys responding to me saying how I'm wrong for having an opinion then just writing an essay about how stupid "bad pussy" was. I understand that they are really lonely and unfulfilled people, but when me or anyone else is trying to enjoy the show, they literally bombard you and tell you how stupid you are. 

So yeah, they do irk me lmfao. 

It's a thread called rant and rave what did you expect to be like? It's like me going to a "Stannis sucks" thread and being mad that it's just people bashing Stannis

3 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

It's a thread called rant and rave what did you expect to be like? It's like me going to a "Stannis sucks" thread and being mad that it's just people bashing Stannis

You misunderstand me. You can do whatever you want in the threads dedicated to negativity. I don't even look at them any more. It's become a parody of itself at this point. But when the ranters and ravers come into every other thread and do the exact same thing, it's rather annoying to people there trying to have regular discussion.

There's a thread about the new trailer, they just bitch about the KG armor at the Tower of Joy. There's a thread about Kings Landing, they bitch about "Larry and Carol". There's a thread about the North, they bitch about Sansa and Stannis. There's a thread about LITERALLY ANYTHING, and they bitch about the sand snakes. 

They talk about how what they do is "important for culture" (lol no) but just whine to strangers online who don't care.  

#rantover

1 hour ago, dsug said:

That special thread is just the same like six people bitching about a tv show literally all day everyday.

In a nutshell. Such dedication they have, more than many GOT fans lol

It'd be good to have a reasonable discussion about the show without needing to go through vitriol and ridicule in every thread. The entire GOT section is not supposed to be R&R, just one thread. Is the need to rant so overpowering they can't help it but spread it everywhere? 

I like the show, but I think they have some very good points over in the rant and rave thread. There are some serious issues with this series, but it is still entertaining.

I don't believe them when they say it's their best, since I think they're just promoting the series, but I am very excited to see it when it comes out, even though I'll probably be disappointed. I've been watching the trailer every single day. lol

I'm more excited for the next book. It's so close to being here, I can practically feel like I'm holding the book in my hands now.....

8 hours ago, robasp2 said:

Recently D&D announced that season 6 was the best season they had ever done till date.

They emphasized that they were not just saying this to build up hype, but it will be genuinely awesome.

However, the trailer showed many cliche scenes and some absurd things like 

Hidden Content

I found even these small scenes quite soap opera. Too much drama, less realistic.

So..not so "best till date"

What does everyone think about what D&D said? And based on all trailers and all tiny teasers GoT posted.

I will be the judge of that, as I am sure all of us will.

32 minutes ago, CaptainTheo said:

I take their comment about season 6 being the best they've done with a grain of salt, given that they said exactly the same thing about Season 5 before it aired.

I don't remember them saying that about season 5. In fact, I don't remember D&D calling any season the best one yet. We've only heard that from the actors/actresses.

Chooo chooo, the hype train's engines are blaaaaaazing!...

If S06 manages to be just as bad as S05 and not worse, I'll consider myself "hugely dramatically satisfied", as a manner of speech.

3 hours ago, TepidHands said:

That "special thread" REALLY bugs you fanboys, doesn't it.

:lmao:

It drives them mad, the poor things.

17 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I'm hoping this season will be an improvement. I was never optimistic of season 5, it was always going to be a bit of a letdown considering the books were letdowns as well. I don't envy them having to adapt them. The hope is that now that they have got past that roadblock they can move on and push the story forward.

That's their job, to make a good adaption of the books, and despite your personal feelings on the books, there was plenty to work with. Additionally, since they rarely use the books as a reference anymore, they were free to invent whatever they wanted, Yet what they did was awful and inconsistent.  Cogman said on Twitter recently that this season will be awesome because it's based on old westerns???? Westerns????? 

"Their season was modeled on westerns. And, oddly, enough, on the classic movie 'Paper Moon"

And don't worry, the show is trying to use AFFC and ADWD storylines this year too. 

And don't you think it's a little (a lot) arrogant to claim you can tell the story of a world better than the creator of that world? 

18 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

That's their job, to make a good adaption of the books, and despite your personal feelings on the books, there was plenty to work with. Additionally, since they rarely use the books as a reference anymore, they were free to invent whatever they wanted, Yet what they did was awful and inconsistent.  Cogman said on Twitter recently that this season will be awesome because it's based on old westerns???? Westerns????? 

"Their season was modeled on westerns. And, oddly, enough, on the classic movie 'Paper Moon"

And don't worry, the show is trying to use AFFC and ADWD storylines this year too. 

And don't you think it's a little (a lot) arrogant to claim you can tell the story of a world better than the creator of that world? 

The "Western" stuff he was referring to was Arya and the Hounds adventures in season four. Not an entire season and not season six. 

1 minute ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Existence of the rant & rave thread is fine. The problem is the negative attitude from that thread spills over into pretty much all the show threads. It's a drag, man.  

Then do a "Positive nitpicking" thread so you have a "safe space" from us. The R&R threads derived from "Negative nitpicking" ones, but the "nitpicking" part was to put it too mildly, so it changed into what it is today.

Some of you say that Ran or the lesser moderators won't let you because they're biased toward us "GRRM arselickers", but that's nonsense. And even if it were true... well, most sites who touch on the subject of GoT are catered to the fanboys anyway, so I'd find it hardly unfair.

11 minutes ago, Myrish Swamp-Thing said:

Then do a "Positive nitpicking" thread so you have a "safe space" from us. The R&R threads derived from "Negative nitpicking" ones, but the "nitpicking" part was to put it too mildly, so it changed into what it is today.

Some of you say that Ran or the lesser moderators won't let you because they're biased toward us "GRRM arselickers", but that's nonsense. And even if it were true... well, most sites who touch on the subject of GoT are catered to the fanboys anyway, so I'd find it hardly unfair.

Hey, I've read books 1-3 five times each and books 4-5 three times each.  I'm as big a "GRRM arselicker" as you are.  But I can still enjoy the show for what it is (an entertaining alternative telling of the same story) without being an insufferable book snob.  Enjoying the show doesn't make me a "fanboy", just a fan.

No need for a "positive nitpicking" thread.  Just would be nice to be able to read show threads without all the predictable smug sarcasm, lame repetitive jokes, and D&D contempt.  But I understand who runs this website, and the fish's aroma wafts from the head down.  

4 minutes ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Hey, I've read books 1-3 five times each and books 4-5 three times each.  I'm as big a "GRRM arselicker" as you are.  But I can still enjoy the show for what it is (an entertaing alternative telling of the same story) without being an insufferable book snob.  Enjoying the show doesn't make me a "fanboy", just a fan.

No need for a "positive nitpicking" thread.  Just would be nice to be able to read show threads without all the predictable smug sarcasm, lame repetitive jokes, and D&D contempt.  But I understand who runs this website, and the fish's aroma wafts from the head down.

Yeah, and that's why the "ranters" were punished several times by promptly closing the threads when trolls appeared and some took the bait, instead of punishing, you know, the trolls.

Seriously, go ahead and do the "positive nitpicking" thread or however you want to call it. Nobody will make it hard for you. But you can't command us to stop being snarky, as long as we stay on topic.

18 minutes ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Hey, I've read books 1-3 five times each and books 4-5 three times each.  I'm as big a "GRRM arselicker" as you are.  But I can still enjoy the show for what it is (an entertaining alternative telling of the same story) without being an insufferable book snob.  Enjoying the show doesn't make me a "fanboy", just a fan.

I'm sorry but most "negatives" I see relate to Dorne/the North one of which is hated by most show fans too and the North and those "negatives"  deal with plot holes. So I fail to see how being mad that LF's plot has massive problems or the Northern Lords being cut from the plot even though they are the whole reason for Sansa's wedding/rape as being "an insufferable book snob"

Archived