NHL 2015-16: We finally needed a new thread!

Joe Pesci

Apparently the Pens staff knew yesterday that Zatkoff was starting tonight, but withheld that from the players, media and damn near everyone else. I'm assuming they wanted to keep the pressure off Zatkoff. Interesting maneuver, and now we'll see if Fleury's good for game 2 (which is in 3 days I believe). 

4 hours ago, MerenthaClone said:

Tim Peel is the ref, so...fuck.

And yeah, Sullivan starting Murray is looking like a colossal mistake, not some kind of sign that Fleury was almost back.  And now, I'm going to be living in fear that they'll rush MAF back and we'll get concussed playoff MAF

Yeah.  Hopefully they don't rush him back.  Theoretically, they shouldn't need him in this series.  

Hopefully Murray is ready soon as well.  It would be nice to have some options other than Zzzzzz.....

1 hour ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Apparently the Pens staff knew yesterday that Zatkoff was starting tonight, but withheld that from the players, media and damn near everyone else. I'm assuming they wanted to keep the pressure off Zatkoff. Interesting maneuver, and now we'll see if Fleury's good for game 2 (which is in 3 days I believe). 

Zatkoff knew last night, according to his post-game interview.  I agree with everyone else.  Zatkoff reminds me of old playoff MAF.  Flailing and out of position often, but sometimes (sometimes!) able to come up with something absurd when needed.  He did good and exceeded my expectations definitely, but I'm still nervous about it down the road.  Maybe working with the Pens goalie coach is bringing him along the way they really improved Fleury, but I still want Fleury and Murray both back ASAP.  Shame, because he seems like a really cool guy.  

I'm still laughing over the Blues scoring on an attempt at a cross-ice pass though.  I mean, intense game, sure, but I don't think anyone on that team besides maybe Tarasenko realized that you need to shoot the puck instead of knocking the other team over.  Some of the "shots" credited to the Blues were hilariously far from the net, so the shot differential was even worse than it looked.  I'm interested to see how that series develops.  Playoff hockey I'm not emotionally invested in is so fun!

Archived