MLB 2016: Chia Pet Un-Safe Zone

Ramsay B.

11 hours ago, Myshkin said:

I like your style. You're hired!

10 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

I am not sure what I'm being hired for, but I accept?  I hope it involves drinking beer and playing endless games of cribbage?

What is this?  A classy St. Louis operation?

No joke, my grandpa spent twenty minutes today telling me some of the finer points of bridge.  It seems...yes.  It is a game that involves cards.  And possibly tables.

So...anyone want Kyle Gibson?  I'll take offers starting at a plate of deep-fried cheese curds.

49 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Freaking Giants on a horrible AL East road swing. Dropped their 6th in a row to the Yanks tonight. Thankfully, the Dodgers have been too anemic to take advantage as of yet.

I was actually able to watch it tonight too since it wasn't on YES. Fox game tomorrow also. Crawford 3 bad errors obviously killed you guys. 

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Chris Sale was scratched from his start today and sent home after a "clubhouse incident". Gotta wonder if that makes a trade more likely.

Huh? Really?  

Too bad they'll still never trade him.  He'd have to assault Jerry Reinsdorf personally to get that kind of trade consideration...

On 7/22/2016 at 2:12 PM, Triskan said:

Oh, sweet.  I have the MLB package but won't be able to watch St. Louis and Los Angeles today due to my zip code.  Such BS. 

Yep, this is the one matchup a year that gets blacked out for me on the MLB package.  Fortunately for me, Fox Sports Midwest is classy enough to actually make Cardinal games accessible to local fans.

6 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

For cutting up a throwback uniform he didn't want to wear. He gone!

Man, apparently, it wasn't just one uniform, it was a bunch of them. That is some pretty crazy shit, and I'm not sure I'd want that on my favorite team, but boy do I not feel bad for the White Sox, any team that willingly employs Hawk Harrelson deserves everything they get.

Ok, so it wasn't just a bunch of them, it was all of them... with a knife... Chris Sale is kind of scary.

7 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Man, apparently, it wasn't just one uniform, it was a bunch of them. That is some pretty crazy shit, and I'm not sure I'd want that on my favorite team, but boy do I not feel bad for the White Sox, any team that willingly employs Hawk Harrelson deserves everything they get.

Ok, so it wasn't just a bunch of them, it was all of them... with a knife... Chris Sale is kind of scary.

He must not want to play in Chicago anymore but I can't see any team paying through the nose to get him though, what he did was bona-fide crazy. He should probably be evaluated by a professional before he plays again. 

3 hours ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

He must not want to play in Chicago anymore but I can't see any team paying through the nose to get him though, what he did was bona-fide crazy. He should probably be evaluated by a professional before he plays again. 

A lefty stud ace? I can guarantee the 29 other teams would gladly overlook some craziness and pay up. I don't think he's going anywhere, though. 

Giants tried very hard to lose their 7th straight yesterday but Yankees weren't having any of it.  Another wasted game. Chapman will be gone soon.

1 minute ago, Ramsay Blow said:

A lefty stud ace? I can guarantee the 29 other teams would gladly overlook some craziness and pay up. I don't think he's going anywhere, though. 

Giants tried very hard to lose their 7th straight yesterday but Yankees weren't having any of it.  Another wasted game. Chapman will be gone soon.

After last night his price dropped significantly after last night.  I hope they get a good price for Chapman.  

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see what we'll get for a 2 month rental. Luckily for us the Cubs bullpen has been pretty bad lately, seeing as they're the frontrunner apparently. I will miss the spectacle of having a closer that throws 104, though. It was fun while it lasted.

Every buyer out there is in on Sale, crazy or not. Beside, I don't think he's crazy, just pissed off about being on the White Sox. The problem is the Sox are reportedly looking for five top prospects in return.

ETA: D-Backs reportedly shopping Shelby Miller. Good luck with that. 

Archived