TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

7 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

I wanted to post there, but then the forum crashed and was down the whole day (which was another annoying thing yesterday). So much for why you do not see me there. You do not see any seedlings because there are not any.

We are fans of GRRM, we are used to waiting. :P

You are silly, boy king. *uses personal attacks because she cannot think of a witty comeback*

Okay seriously, guys, what I posted the other day was about the possibility of a part of my MA thesis being published (I do not yet know if it will, it is with the rewievers now). Which I guess you can also say is my baby, in a way? :read: But not in the way you people are implying!

Wait, I should watch season 6 without 5?

Of course there aren't any seedlings, they take 9 months to grow :rolleyes:

Oh, congratulations though, I hope that happens.

Well, you could, but Dorne and characters like Sansa and Brienne won't make a lot of sense then. I didn't mean to imply that it was a good idea, just the quality has improved.

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Tell him his arrogance blinds him, then blast him with lightning-it's what I'd do.

Come and try!

4 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Yes. The last two episodes have been visually ecstasic. The editing is mindblowing. I love every single dragon scene, I just want them to be larger. They are still relatively small compared to how gianormous they are supposed to be and they should be a lot more lethal and effective imho. So far wildfire outclasses them and that's only a cheaper substitute of dragon fire, isn't it? 

Sister is the dragon queen of high school. She's got an army of Unsullied, a Dothraki horde, a Daario, a Ser Jorah, a Missandei. she is going through this extremely annoying phase when she cares, talks and thinks about absolutely nothing but boys. You can't have a five minute conversation with her without ending up talking about a boy in 3 minutes. In the boys' defense they talked her into watching GoT. We seem to have opposing opinions about a number of characters, but I'm happy to see that she seems to have a lot deeper understanding of the story than dragons-blood-sex. 

They look large enough to me, but I agree that they should be more effective. The lack of large-scale dragon assaults might be budget-related though. We've hardly seen Ghost either.

Your sister sounds like character in a clichéd high school movie :D Glad she seems to appreciate the story at least.

12 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Oh you'd like your hand cut off, to be badly electrocuted AND thrown out of a skyscraper, my bad :D.

No, I'd like to do those things to you and Lord Vader, if you'd recall the second Death Star ;) Except with a pit instead of a skyscraper.

Just now, First of My Name said:

They look large enough to me, but I agree that they should be more effective. The lack of large-scale dragon assaults might be budget-related though. We've hardly seen Ghost either.

Your sister sounds like character in a clichéd high school movie :D Glad she seems to appreciate the story at least.

Well Balerion was supposed to be able to swallow a cart whole. Drogon's head is a bit smaller than Daenerys standing at this point. 

Spoiler

And me thinks one dragon should be able to bring down three ships at a time and not the other way around. 

She absolutely is. I keep telling her that I'll write a blockbuster teen movie based on her life. We went to see the Bel-Hun match and literally hours after landing one of the boys hit her up on Facebook about how beautiful she is and how he wanted to talk to her on the plane. Where does that happen if not in movies? 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Are you saying I make questionable decisions or something?, how mean :(.

No, I am just saying you make decisions I would not. ;)

29 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Of course there aren't any seedlings, they take 9 months to grow :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: You know this is not going to end up like all the Kobababy rumours, where there was a baby in the end, right?

11 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

Well Balerion was supposed to be able to swallow a cart whole. Drogon's head is a bit smaller than Daenerys standing at this point. 

Reveal hidden contents

And me thinks one dragon should be able to bring down three ships at a time and not the other way around. 

She absolutely is. I keep telling her that I'll write a blockbuster teen movie based on her life. We went to see the Bel-Hun match and literally hours after landing one of the boys hit her up on Facebook about how beautiful she is and how he wanted to talk to her on the plane. Where does that happen if not in movies? 

... nowhere. Really.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

Hide contents

Well Balerion isn't Drogon. And if they stick with their track record the dragons will suddenly be much bigger in the first episode of season 7.

Oh, I'm with you there.

Dear lord :lol: She sounds like the antagonist in all those movies. Does she happen to be the boss bitch of a group of vain, popular girls? :P 
(Btw, an account of her life written by you would definitely be a bestseller).

1 hour ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

:rolleyes: You know this is not going to end up like all the Kobababy rumours, where there was a baby in the end, right?

I know, that makes it funnier :P 

(Not in a we're-making-fun-of-Buck's-love-life-way, but because there was never any real reason to assume you were pregnant).

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

No, I'd like to do those things to you and Lord Vader, if you'd recall the second Death Star ;) Except with a pit instead of a skyscraper.

We all know it would turn out differently if you were in Lukes shoes.....

11 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

(Not in a we're-making-fun-of-Buck's-love-life-way, but because there was never any real reason to assume you were pregnant).

I would hope so. ;)

(Or lack of love life, really. :P )

Yeah, I'd have defeated Vader in Cloud City.

ETA: Luke wore boots, not shoes B)

Nah, you wouldn't have gotten of Tattoine in the first place, the Dark Side doesn't want you :P.

Well Balerion isn't Drogon. And if they stick with their track record the dragons will suddenly be much bigger in the first episode of season 7.

Oh, I'm with you there.

Dear lord :lol: She sounds like the antagonist in all those movies. Does she happen to be the boss bitch of a group of vain, popular girls? :P 
(Btw, an account of her life written by you would definitely be a bestseller).

Yeah, true, but I still want him to be larger :/ well, maybe some time will have passed since we saw him in S6E10. Or not. He'll grow overnight like Cersei's hair. I hope she gets a Waif bob next season. :devil: 

Popular, definitely. Vain, not sure. They aren't plastics, that's a different faction. They all look pretty natural, though she does obsessively flat iron her hair. Which, for the credit looks way better in Arya buns :lol: (this is a boring match)

just sniffing through the flowers this morning chasing a rumor....did i hear that bucky was a little bit preggers...

let the world rejoice....

seedlings for all... :commie:

Spoiler

it really should not be so easy to start such shocking false rumors...with absolutely no evidence to support them ...

but i just couldn't help myself... :devil:

:smoking:

20 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

I would hope so. ;)

(Or lack of love life, really. :P )

Trust me, I'm not qualified to judge anyone's love life ;) 

17 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Nah, you wouldn't have gotten of Tattoine in the first place, the Dark Side doesn't want you :P.

Wouldn't that be a pro instead of a con, I wouldn't have Vader riding my ass then (and don't you dare make a gay joke :P)

17 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Yeah, true, but I still want him to be larger :/ well, maybe some time will have passed since we saw him in S6E10. Or not. He'll grow overnight like Cersei's hair. I hope she gets a Waif bob next season. :devil: 

Popular, definitely. Vain, not sure. They aren't plastics, that's a different faction. They all look pretty natural, though she does obsessively flat iron her hair. Which, for the credit looks way better in Arya buns :lol: (this is a boring match)

Spoiler

Someone online mentioned that the past three ruers in King's Landing have all had the same haircut :P 

And I'm looking forward to a full-size Drogon too.

Well, not being a plastic should count for something at least :P 

1 minute ago, First of My Name said:

You are still young, boy king, there is plenty of time. ;) Listen to the wise old spinster. :P

45 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Wouldn't that be a pro instead of a con, I wouldn't have Vader riding my ass then (and don't you dare make a gay joke :P)

Reveal hidden contents

Someone online mentioned that the past three ruers in King's Landing have all had the same haircut :P 

Fair point, although I feel like I made my actual opinion of Vader clear in Robot Chicken.

1 hour ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

You are still young, boy king, there is plenty of time. ;) Listen to the wise old spinster. :P

I guess I'm a wise young spinster then ;) 

27 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Fair point, although I feel like I made my actual opinion of Vader clear in Robot Chicken.

Robot Chicken Palpatine is the best Palpatine.

Greetings TTTN'enders. 

Been a crazy week, but I wanted to update those who are not friends with me on the Facebook that probably won't end either:

Bandito is getting married. :D

I was introduced to this awesome girl at a beer festival several years ago. We went on one date afterwards and I politely told her I wasn't really up for dating. Many excuses from still dealing with the loss of my father, to probably still chasing after an ex. About 7 months later, we literally bumped into each other again at a beer festival. Things took off from there. 

I soon spent a night or two at her house, to a week or two, only going home to feed my cats. I told myself the whole time we were just friends. I eventually gave that up when a "I love you" slipped out last Fall. No beers were involved. I think I was just tired. ;) That or an old bachelor was kind of liking how letting your guard down for love was working. I tell her now, I just want to be friends with her - For the rest of my life. 

She is just fun to be a partner with. From beerfests to life stress, she adds an awesome balance of intellect and humor. I am far from tamed, just adjusted . . . to the fun of sharing all love has to offer.  

I want to thank TTTNE, and all its awesome people. For keeping me entertained so long ago. For helping me realize sanity was overrated. For dealing with a drunken rant or a Buckethead album or two. For providing me with so many laughs. And being a thread full of the many paths and pitfalls of life. This thread has dealt with death, love, puberty, peanut butter,  and so much more. Thank you guys.

If you are not friends with me on Facebook and want to be drop a message here  . Pretty busy now planning a wedding in the Central America/Caribbean area next Spring. As well as continuing to defend Tom Brady, but If you are ever in the New England area and need a laugh or want a Bandito certified hug, I will do my best to provide. Keep on, "Spamming". 

Seth Davis 

9 hours ago, Space Bandito said:

Greetings TTTN'enders. 

Been a crazy week, but I wanted to update those who are not friends with me on the Facebook that probably won't end either:

Bandito is getting married. :D

I was introduced to this awesome girl at a beer festival several years ago. We went on one date afterwards and I politely told her I wasn't really up for dating. Many excuses from still dealing with the loss of my father, to probably still chasing after an ex. About 7 months later, we literally bumped into each other again at a beer festival. Things took off from there. 

I soon spent a night or two at her house, to a week or two, only going home to feed my cats. I told myself the whole time we were just friends. I eventually gave that up when a "I love you" slipped out last Fall. No beers were involved. I think I was just tired. ;) That or an old bachelor was kind of liking how letting your guard down for love was working. I tell her now, I just want to be friends with her - For the rest of my life. 

She is just fun to be a partner with. From beerfests to life stress, she adds an awesome balance of intellect and humor. I am far from tamed, just adjusted . . . to the fun of sharing all love has to offer.  

I want to thank TTTNE, and all its awesome people. For keeping me entertained so long ago. For helping me realize sanity was overrated. For dealing with a drunken rant or a Buckethead album or two. For providing me with so many laughs. And being a thread full of the many paths and pitfalls of life. This thread has dealt with death, love, puberty, peanut butter,  and so much more. Thank you guys.

If you are not friends with me on Facebook and want to be drop a message here  . Pretty busy now planning a wedding in the Central America/Caribbean area next Spring. As well as continuing to defend Tom Brady, but If you are ever in the New England area and need a laugh or want a Bandito certified hug, I will do my best to provide. Keep on, "Spamming". 

Seth Davis 

Congratulations! :cheers: have a long and blissfull marriage and a magical wedding to mark its beginning! 

19 hours ago, First of My Name said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah, can't wait for a truly massive Drogon. And if we are at dragon CGI, I would much appreciate getting some color codes. Those dragons aren't all black and it would be great to be able to differentiate between Rhaegal and Viserion. But I guess I'm asking for too much. 

Yeah that's a pro. 

How's summer going, First? Have you already had some kind of freshmen meetup/camp/week/whatever is the thing over there? 

Archived