TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Hop hops!!, and yeah she's awesome, I'm going to see her this month, then I've got The Last Shadow Puppets and Peter Hook and the Light covering Unknown Pleasures, busy music month for me!!.

Wipe them out....................all of them.

You're going to see her? Wow, jealousy! 

GoT music has always been very good.

Glad things are going well with the new job Lany.

Good to hear Lany.

13 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Yeah I love me a good anti-climax.

Hide contents

All the good bits were done better in the books. Frey Pie was pathetic and dull here. They still didn't confirm Jon's fucking name. The High Sparrow shit was just thrown away with the burning. This was mostly just setting the next season up.

Loved Cersei on the throne though, fuck yeah!

Spoiler

None of that bothered me, but then again I'm less critical of the show than many book readers. I thought this was anything but anti-climactic. Plenty of deaths and plot twists, and it didn't feel like set-up to me any more than AGOT feels like set-up for ACOK and ASOS. Stories need set-up like this, and I thought this was well done.

Yeah, loving the factions that we now have. And Headey shone this episode.

4 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

It certainly does. I mean it wasn't bad, it was quite impressive, it just made close to no sense. I will rewatch it today (because everything is better on a rewatch) and see if I can enjoy it more. The first KL part was 10/10. 

Well we agree on KL at least, I think that was one of the best scenes they've ever done.

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

I will be honest the music was excellent: No spoilers to fear here:

Yeah, I've lost count of how often I've listened to 'Light of the Seven' since yesterday..

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You're going to see her? Wow, jealousy! 

GoT music has always been very good.

Glad things are going well with the new job Lany.

Yeah I am :D I should have said next month though, forgot June hasn't ended yet.

First, agreed, it was insanely cool. And the battle of bastards was so. They made no sense, but aesthetically they were up there with the X men movie. I actually kinda thought that was overdone. 

Random story: 

We just finished season 5 and went downstairs to get some dinner. Prince William was trying to catch a fly and kept headbutting the sister's chair as he jumped around. Sister was mildly annoyed by this and dropped the following: oooh stop it, you idiot old pooch, or I'm going to stab you to death. But for the Chair. Not for the Watch. 

It was kinda cute, I love watching GoT with her. 

Good news, Lany.

Three private messages in the last three days since I was last here! I feel so popular. :wub:

I spent a few days with my grandmother and aunt mainly. Back home now.

On 26. 6. 2016 at 2:02 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

BuckBaby rumour abound! CONGRATS FLOWER! :D

On 26. 6. 2016 at 10:25 PM, First of My Name said:

#BuckseedConfirmed

The ... uh ... what? :shocked::shocked::shocked: Who said anything about babies?

59 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

First, agreed, it was insanely cool. And the battle of bastards was so. They made no sense, but aesthetically they were up there with the X men movie. I actually kinda thought that was overdone.

Do you not know the quote is "Creatively, it made sense for us, because we wanted it to happen." :P Get your GoT trivia straight!

Still did not watch the last season nor this one. You people are tempting me though, this time round much more than last year. :angry:

32 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Everything I hear about s6 sounds fantastic - I've only seen eps 1-3. Hope to correct that soon.

As I said, it was the last two that surprised the seven hells out of me; otherwise, I was kinda detached (I made a lot of noise here about not watching S6 but I only went so far as skipping the first one.)

48 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

Everything I hear about s6 sounds fantastic - I've only seen eps 1-3. Hope to correct that soon.

hey chick, good to seee you brother... and, i am thinking you will really dig the final episodes...i did.... ;)

and hey if you got the time come see me host my first forum game...acrophilia lucky #13...

and to everyone else spamlanders come join the fun...my twist on the game is going to be memorable 

:pimp:

12 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

Grrrrr. Annoyed today. You can find me up in the what is annoying you today thread.

Oh, I forgot to mention yesterday, my aunt cut my hair. Now it is shorter. I miss it.

I do not see you and your seedling there...

On ‎28‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 11:04 PM, RhaeBee said:

Random story: 

We just finished season 5 and went downstairs to get some dinner. Prince William was trying to catch a fly and kept headbutting the sister's chair as he jumped around. Sister was mildly annoyed by this and dropped the following: oooh stop it, you idiot old pooch, or I'm going to stab you to death. But for the Chair. Not for the Watch. 

It was kinda cute, I love watching GoT with her. 

The show is far from perfect but where the cinematography is concerned they're knocking it out of the park right now. The last two episodes were worth watching for that alone. I rewatched the finale today and the CGI is so much better than in the earlier seasons. Any scene with the dragons in it is instant awesomeness.

This reminds me, we've been waiting for the next installment of Sister Moves To Dorm for ages :P 

On ‎29‎-‎6‎-‎2016 at 0:07 AM, Gryka zwyczajna said:

The ... uh ... what? :shocked::shocked::shocked: Who said anything about babies?

Do you not know the quote is "Creatively, it made sense for us, because we wanted it to happen." :P Get your GoT trivia straight!

Still did not watch the last season nor this one. You people are tempting me though, this time round much more than last year. :angry:

Don't bother trying to hide it, it's written all over your face. Helena sees it too.

Give it a shot, season 6 has been way better than 5. Not perfect but I really enjoyed it.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I do not see you and your seedling there...

I wanted to post there, but then the forum crashed and was down the whole day (which was another annoying thing yesterday). So much for why you do not see me there. You do not see any seedlings because there are not any.

9 hours ago, First of My Name said:

This reminds me, we've been waiting for the next installment of Sister Moves To Dorm for ages :P 

We are fans of GRRM, we are used to waiting. :P

Don't bother trying to hide it, it's written all over your face. Helena sees it too.

You are silly, boy king. *uses personal attacks because she cannot think of a witty comeback*

Okay seriously, guys, what I posted the other day was about the possibility of a part of my MA thesis being published (I do not yet know if it will, it is with the rewievers now). Which I guess you can also say is my baby, in a way? :read: But not in the way you people are implying!

Give it a shot, season 6 has been way better than 5. Not perfect but I really enjoyed it.

Wait, I should watch season 6 without 5?

8 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

When you have one, it's a hair, when you have a few, they're hairs, when you have lots of it it's hair again.

Indeed. English is so weird. I still do not get why you use hair in singluar, I mean, there is plenty of them.

2 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

You are silly, boy king. *uses personal attacks because she cannot think of a witty comeback*

Tell him his arrogance blinds him, then blast him with lightning-it's what I'd do.

12 hours ago, First of My Name said:

The show is far from perfect but where the cinematography is concerned they're knocking it out of the park right now. The last two episodes were worth watching for that alone. I rewatched the finale today and the CGI is so much better than in the earlier seasons. Any scene with the dragons in it is instant awesomeness.

Yes. The last two episodes have been visually ecstasic. The editing is mindblowing. I love every single dragon scene, I just want them to be larger. They are still relatively small compared to how gianormous they are supposed to be and they should be a lot more lethal and effective imho. So far wildfire outclasses them and that's only a cheaper substitute of dragon fire, isn't it? 

Sister is the dragon queen of high school. She's got an army of Unsullied, a Dothraki horde, a Daario, a Ser Jorah, a Missandei. she is going through this extremely annoying phase when she cares, talks and thinks about absolutely nothing but boys. You can't have a five minute conversation with her without ending up talking about a boy in 3 minutes. In the boys' defense they talked her into watching GoT. We seem to have opposing opinions about a number of characters, but I'm happy to see that she seems to have a lot deeper understanding of the story than dragons-blood-sex. 

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Yes, English can be weird. It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.

:D gotta love this line. 

4 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Yes, English can be weird. It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.

Smartass. :P

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Tell him his arrogance blinds him, then blast him with lightning-it's what I'd do.

If it is something you would do, it is probably something I would not. ;)

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

Sister is the dragon queen of high school. She's got an army of Unsullied, a Dothraki horde, a Daario, a Ser Jorah, a Missandei. she is going through this extremely annoying phase when she cares, talks and thinks about absolutely nothing but boys. You can't have a five minute conversation with her without ending up talking about a boy in 3 minutes. In the boys' defense they talked her into watching GoT. We seem to have opposing opinions about a number of characters, but I'm happy to see that she seems to have a lot deeper understanding of the story than dragons-blood-sex.

:lol: Which characters do you disagree on? And, even more importantly, why is she not reading the books? :P:read:

56 minutes ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

If it is something you would do, it is probably something I would not. ;)

Are you saying I make questionable decisions or something?, how mean :(.

1 hour ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

:lol: Which characters do you disagree on? And, even more importantly, why is she not reading the books? :P:read:

She likes Brienne and she thinks Robb and Talisa were so cute. She hates Daenerys and Margaery and since Robb died, her favorite is Cersei. Oh well. She's not going to read them because they are too long and complicated and unfinished anyways. 

Archived