TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

10 hours ago, Space Bandito said:

Greetings TTTN'enders. 

Been a crazy week, but I wanted to update those who are not friends with me on the Facebook that probably won't end either:

Bandito is getting married. :D

I was introduced to this awesome girl at a beer festival several years ago. We went on one date afterwards and I politely told her I wasn't really up for dating. Many excuses from still dealing with the loss of my father, to probably still chasing after an ex. About 7 months later, we literally bumped into each other again at a beer festival. Things took off from there. 

I soon spent a night or two at her house, to a week or two, only going home to feed my cats. I told myself the whole time we were just friends. I eventually gave that up when a "I love you" slipped out last Fall. No beers were involved. I think I was just tired. ;) That or an old bachelor was kind of liking how letting your guard down for love was working. I tell her now, I just want to be friends with her - For the rest of my life. 

She is just fun to be a partner with. From beerfests to life stress, she adds an awesome balance of intellect and humor. I am far from tamed, just adjusted . . . to the fun of sharing all love has to offer.  

I want to thank TTTNE, and all its awesome people. For keeping me entertained so long ago. For helping me realize sanity was overrated. For dealing with a drunken rant or a Buckethead album or two. For providing me with so many laughs. And being a thread full of the many paths and pitfalls of life. This thread has dealt with death, love, puberty, peanut butter,  and so much more. Thank you guys.

If you are not friends with me on Facebook and want to be drop a message here  . Pretty busy now planning a wedding in the Central America/Caribbean area next Spring. As well as continuing to defend Tom Brady, but If you are ever in the New England area and need a laugh or want a Bandito certified hug, I will do my best to provide. Keep on, "Spamming". 

Seth Davis 

Congrats!,it's great when you find someone you feel that way about, I'm engaged and have been for a while but I know we will get around to actually doing it one day!, I think the plan is to have a baby first.

Also, I should mention in my capacity as Dark Lord of the Sith, I can officiate weddings if you're stuck for a minister :P.

On 30 June 2016 at 0:37 PM, RhaeBee said:

Yes. The last two episodes have been visually ecstasic. The editing is mindblowing. I love every single dragon scene, I just want them to be larger. They are still relatively small compared to how gianormous they are supposed to be and they should be a lot more lethal and effective imho. So far wildfire outclasses them and that's only a cheaper substitute of dragon fire, isn't it? 

Sister is the dragon queen of high school. She's got an army of Unsullied, a Dothraki horde, a Daario, a Ser Jorah, a Missandei. she is going through this extremely annoying phase when she cares, talks and thinks about absolutely nothing but boys. You can't have a five minute conversation with her without ending up talking about a boy in 3 minutes. In the boys' defense they talked her into watching GoT. We seem to have opposing opinions about a number of characters, but I'm happy to see that she seems to have a lot deeper understanding of the story than dragons-blood-sex. 

:D gotta love this line. 

Why watch if not for dragons blood and sex:P, they should attempt a sex scene while riding a dragon.

In honesty though I find sex scenes in tv or film annoying for the most part as 9 times out of 10 they don't move the story forward and are just put there to keep a few parts of the audience interested.

10 hours ago, Space Bandito said:

Greetings TTTN'enders. 

Been a crazy week, but I wanted to update those who are not friends with me on the Facebook that probably won't end either:

Bandito is getting married. :D

I was introduced to this awesome girl at a beer festival several years ago. We went on one date afterwards and I politely told her I wasn't really up for dating. Many excuses from still dealing with the loss of my father, to probably still chasing after an ex. About 7 months later, we literally bumped into each other again at a beer festival. Things took off from there. 

I soon spent a night or two at her house, to a week or two, only going home to feed my cats. I told myself the whole time we were just friends. I eventually gave that up when a "I love you" slipped out last Fall. No beers were involved. I think I was just tired. ;) That or an old bachelor was kind of liking how letting your guard down for love was working. I tell her now, I just want to be friends with her - For the rest of my life. 

She is just fun to be a partner with. From beerfests to life stress, she adds an awesome balance of intellect and humor. I am far from tamed, just adjusted . . . to the fun of sharing all love has to offer.  

I want to thank TTTNE, and all its awesome people. For keeping me entertained so long ago. For helping me realize sanity was overrated. For dealing with a drunken rant or a Buckethead album or two. For providing me with so many laughs. And being a thread full of the many paths and pitfalls of life. This thread has dealt with death, love, puberty, peanut butter,  and so much more. Thank you guys.

If you are not friends with me on Facebook and want to be drop a message here  . Pretty busy now planning a wedding in the Central America/Caribbean area next Spring. As well as continuing to defend Tom Brady, but If you are ever in the New England area and need a laugh or want a Bandito certified hug, I will do my best to provide. Keep on, "Spamming". 

Seth Davis 

well since i am with you on the faceless book...i shall just reiterate my comment from there... 

from this old dyed-in-the-wool bachelor-for-life...

seriously, thank you for being a cool friend that knew just how to handle a drunken sniffer, i knew then that you were a good man...and when i saw the pics of your intended i knew you also had brains...and brother, no one deserves this happiness more than you ;) 

though i have never been inclined to join hands with any particular woman, i completely support the notion that when you find a person you want to be best friends for life you should marry them! congrats to you both and may the light of r'hollar, seven blessing, and magic of the weirwoods guide you both through the coming adventures filled with life, love and joy from this day to your last day... :cheers:

i look forward to meeting this goddess in person and ever so chastely kissing her hand...and since i have abandoned vodka forever and am rediscovering beer, perhaps Number One Niece and i will head north next yr for a festival or two...or maybe y'all might head south and discover we have beer here as well! 

love ya Seth...

Tripp

:pimp:

7 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Why watch if not for dragons blood and sex:P, they should attempt a sex scene while riding a dragon.

In honesty though I find sex scenes in tv or film annoying for the most part as 9 times out of 10 they don't move the story forward and are just put there to keep a few parts of the audience interested.

I'm fine with them as long as there is a point. Loud whore training a la Littlefinger is just pointless. It's also not a bad thing if they are tasteful. Which again doesn't quite apply to the countless brothel scenes or Theon and his not-salt-wife etc. 

9 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Congratulations! :cheers: have a long and blissfull marriage and a magical wedding to mark its beginning! 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, can't wait for a truly massive Drogon. And if we are at dragon CGI, I would much appreciate getting some color codes. Those dragons aren't all black and it would be great to be able to differentiate between Rhaegal and Viserion. But I guess I'm asking for too much. 

Yeah that's a pro. 

How's summer going, First? Have you already had some kind of freshmen meetup/camp/week/whatever is the thing over there? 

Well they're those colors in the show, it'd be inconsistent if they switched that now.

Summer is great, but I've yet to hear anything about a camp of any kind, even though people with other studies have. Probably because I haven't officially been accepted yet, but the odds of not getting in are low.

9 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Agreed, I can't recall any sex scenes that really added to the story. it's always about the fact that sex took place, and you can make that perfectly clear without spending minutes on shots of boobs and asses. Sometimes it's even worse, like the many times in GoT where the sex had no role in the story whatsoever. I'm glad season 6 was less guilty of this than the earlier seasons.
Granted, part of the fact that they bore me might be because it's pretty much always heterosexual sex, I'd probably like them better if I were straight.

Also, congratulations Bandito! :cheers: 

12 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

I'm fine with them as long as there is a point. Loud whore training a la Littlefinger is just pointless. It's also not a bad thing if they are tasteful. Which again doesn't quite apply to the countless brothel scenes or Theon and his not-salt-wife etc. 

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Well they're those colors in the show, it'd be inconsistent if they switched that now.

Summer is great, but I've yet to hear anything about a camp of any kind, even though people with other studies have. Probably because I haven't officially been accepted yet, but the odds of not getting in are low.

Agreed, I can't recall any sex scenes that really added to the story. it's always about the fact that sex took place, and you can make that perfectly clear without spending minutes on shots of boobs and asses. Sometimes it's even worse, like the many times in GoT where the sex had no role in the story whatsoever. I'm glad season 6 was less guilty of this than the earlier seasons.
Granted, part of the fact that they bore me might be because it's pretty much always heterosexual sex, I'd probably like them better if I were straight.

Also, congratulations Bandito! :cheers: 

I'm ok with them if there's a point but like you say most of the time there isn't.

1 hour ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

Spam.

I just realised this thread has been active for almost two months and it only has 33 pages. I do not think this is okay.

Agreed, Pebble suggested we hang a spammer for every next week this thread is active but I thought that'd be going a tad too far, so we settled on flogging.

:whip: 

39 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

doing my bit for queens and spam...

*dances*

2 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Agreed, Pebble suggested we hang a spammer for every next week this thread is active but I thought that'd be going a tad too far, so we settled on flogging.

So um ... who is your first victim? :uhoh::leaving:

Just now, Gryka zwyczajna said:

*dances*

So um ... who is your first victim? :uhoh::leaving:

The last regular spammer to post something, from this post forwards, shall be the one flogged. Pebble seems really keen on giving him or her the Reek treatment too but I convinced to save that for when we really need it.

(Which makes me wonder, why don't we have an evil laugh emoticon? The :devil: just doesn't cut it.)

3 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

The last regular spammer to post something, from this post forwards, shall be the one flogged. Pebble seems really keen on giving him or her the Reek treatment too but I convinced to save that for when we really need it.

(Which makes me wonder, why don't we have an evil laugh emoticon? The :devil: just doesn't cut it.)

That is really counter-productive. People are now going to be afraid to post anything out of fear!

And that is when gifs come into play. :P

42 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Oh please, do you think anyone will be frightened by you and your pitiful little band.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Oh please, do you think anyone will be frightened by you and your pitiful little band.

Did you go see FatM today? I just realised where you would presumably have been seeing her. 

3 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

That is really counter-productive. People are now going to be afraid to post anything out of fear!

And that is when gifs come into play. :P

No, if they post, they're safe from flogging. They should rush towards their keyboards :rolleyes:

Excellent choice :P 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

We were hoping to recruit you to do the frightening for us. Good Sith Lords are so hard to find these days.

10 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Did you go see FatM today? I just realised where you would presumably have been seeing her. 

No, the tickets didn't arrive in time :(, I got a refund but still not happy.

We were hoping to recruit you to do the frightening for us. Good Sith Lords are so hard to find these days.

And like a good Sith Lord I have my own hidden agenda which shall result in the destruction of my foes.

No, if they post, they're safe from flogging. They should rush towards their keyboards :rolleyes:

They're only safe if someone else posts after them, and it would be a one-off boost. A better idea might be whoever has posted least recently, which would be a moving target.

35 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

No, the tickets didn't arrive in time :(, I got a refund but still not happy.

And like a good Sith Lord I have my own hidden agenda which shall result in the destruction of my foes.

Aww :( that sucks. Wish i had been in London, i would have tried to go. I find the How Big... album better the more i listen to it  (was lukewarm to it at first).

And I'm hopefully getting my exam results this week. Depending on how they turn out, i may be applying for a job for when i graduate (job entry would be 2018, by which time i would have graduated and done my LPC). Applications opened July 1st but I thought i had better wait until i knew whether i was on track for a 2:1

Archived