Bran & Jon - The End Game

So Bran is time travelling and Jon is alive. There's a Sansa-Jon reunion that's about to plan the Rickon rescue. Dany is using her brain again. Tyrion is out in Meereen playing the Game. So far, so good.

Then I read this: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/may/17/george-rr-martin-game-of-thrones-characters-die-it-has-to-be-done-song-of-ice-and-fire?CMP=twt_gu

And I remember this from the Jonathan Ross Show interview re Jon Snow being dead:

"It's going to be so satisfying when you see it and you realise that I was telling the truth the whole time."

- Kit Harrington

And so I'm like: Don't get excited yet. This must just be all a Bran weirwood dream sequence from episode 2-10.

So, any thoughts on this? or am I just being paranoid?

I think the end game, at least for this season and part of the next, is quite set in stone. Apart for the Bastardbowl, an event that will happen at the end of this season, the actor playing Bran said something very spoilery(at least from my point of view.) in an interview a while back.

Do not read this if you do not want to hear about spoilers.

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/05/isaac-hempstead-wright-expect-lots-of-magic-from-bran-in-game-of-thrones-season-6/

Spoiler

So, we have him stating that he might become a kingsmaker. And that would be relevant for both Jon and Bran. In the books there are multiple ways in which Jon can be recognized as a Stark or even Targ, if R+L=J is true.

But the show has only Bran.. He finds out the truth about ToJ, goes south, and somehow convinces people that Jon is king material. I think they could pull that for the North, but I don’t see any feasible way to convive the rest of the kingdoms that Jon should be king of the Seven Kingdoms.

4 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

I think the end game, at least for this season and part of the next, is quite set in stone. Apart for the Bastardbowl, an event that will happen at the end of this season, the actor playing Bran said something very spoilery(at least from my point of view.) in an interview a while back.

Do not read this if you do not want to hear about spoilers.

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/04/05/isaac-hempstead-wright-expect-lots-of-magic-from-bran-in-game-of-thrones-season-6/

Hide contents

So, we have him stating that he might become a kingsmaker. And that would be relevant for both Jon and Bran. In the books there are multiple ways in which Jon can be recognized as a Stark or even Targ, if R+L=J is true.

But the show has only Bran.. He finds out the truth about ToJ, goes south, and somehow convinces people that Jon is king material. I think they could pull that for the North, but I don’t see any feasible way to convive the rest of the kingdoms that Jon should be king of the Seven Kingdoms.

I wouldn't read too what Isaac said he might become. 

Spoiler

"Kingmaker"

I remember there was a chapter called "Queenmaker" wasn't there? And that didn't lead to anything at all.

2 hours ago, The Great Udder said:

So Bran is time travelling and Jon is alive. There's a Sansa-Jon reunion that's about to plan the Rickon rescue. Dany is using her brain again. Tyrion is out in Meereen playing the Game. So far, so good.

Then I read this: http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/may/17/george-rr-martin-game-of-thrones-characters-die-it-has-to-be-done-song-of-ice-and-fire?CMP=twt_gu

And I remember this from the Jonathan Ross Show interview re Jon Snow being dead:

"It's going to be so satisfying when you see it and you realise that I was telling the truth the whole time."

- Kit Harrington

And so I'm like: Don't get excited yet. This must just be all a Bran weirwood dream sequence from episode 2-10.

So, any thoughts on this? or am I just being paranoid?

Next on HBO: Game Of St. Elsewhere, starring Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Bran Westphall.

I think the 'telling the truth the whole time' simply refers to the fact that he was actually dead. I don't think it will just be a dream. That's such a slap in the face to the viewers.

I think Bran is going to show us that Jon is the rightful heir to the thrown, that's what this means.  However I assume in order to fulfil that he will have to defeat the invading Mad Queen and bring peace to the realm as she faces off against the white walkers.

I believe Jon was really dead and now he isn't anymore. This 'weirwood dream' theory is just too convoluted.

But I think Jon may be living on a borrowed time since his resurrection. I don't think he'll get a happily ever after, more likely he'll die performing some noble sacrifice. 

As for Bran, my bet is on him becoming 1000th Commander of Night Watch, because with that number the story just asks for a Stark back in charge. And though he is no warrior, he will be central to the fight with WW's.

1 minute ago, Miss_Saffron said:

I believe Jon was really dead and now he isn't anymore. This 'weirwood dream' theory is just too convoluted.

But I think Jon may be living on a borrowed time since his resurrection. I don't think he'll get a happily ever after, more likely he'll die performing some noble sacrifice. 

As for Bran, my bet is on him becoming 1000th Commander of Night Watch, because with that number the story just asks for a Stark back in charge. And though he is no warrior, he will be central to the fight with WW's.

I've always thought the 1000th should be a Stark back in command but never thought of Bran! I love it.

22 hours ago, RadSam said:

I think the 'telling the truth the whole time' simply refers to the fact that he was actually dead. I don't think it will just be a dream. That's such a slap in the face to the viewers.

Yeah, Ok.  So too much reading between the lines on my part.

21 hours ago, Miss_Saffron said:

First time to hear about this. What's up with the 100th NW Commander Stark thing?

1 hour ago, The Great Udder said:

First time to hear about this. What's up with the 100th NW Commander Stark thing?

It's just my wild guess. Jon was 998th Commander, Edd is the 999th. But we know mortality rates in this series - chances are he'll die and the 1000th Commander would have to be chosen. Starks founded NW, many of them were LC, much more served, and joining the NW was for generations seen as an honorable pursuit for Starks, who would not inherit Winterfell.

If so - I'm betting on Bran. We can safely assume, that in books Bran is stuck under the weirwood tree, but in the show, he is supposed to leave eventually and go back with his knowledge and greenseer powers back to Westeros. And that creates succession problems in Winterfell. For now, it seems that either Sansa on Jon is meant to get WF (my bet is on Sansa) - but if Bran returns his claim precedes theirs and he becomes new Lord Stark. Unless he takes the black (or dies, but since Rickon is pretty much a goner, I hope at leats one Stark brother lives at the end). So Bran taking the black would neatly resolve inheritance issues and him becoming 1000th LC of NW would be a nice shout-out to the longstanding tradition of Starks in this formation.

But that's just a wild guess and a fair amount of wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, God-Emperor of Yi Ti said:

how do you see that playing out? 

Not certain - either he'll get Jon to befriend the Others, he'll replace the NK with Jon, or he'll be the new NK himself - something like that.

Whatever, I'm sure the Others and Starks have a connection, don't forget, in the history of Westeros 

Stage 1 - no humans, no Others, Only CotF & Giants.

Stage 2 - First Men invade and battle with CotF. Children get the woods and First Men get the lands. No walls and no Others yet.

Stage 3 - Andals invade and there are new battles in the Age of Heroes. This is also when the Wall is built, the Long Night occurs and the Others appear for the first time. It is also when the Night's King comes about. Point being, why didn't the Others exist/invade when there were only First Men in Westeros?

Stage 4 - Targs invade and shape modern Westeros. Things to note - dragons cannot go north of the wall.

Stage 7 - Robert's Rebellion overthrows Targ dynasty in Westeros - where we are at in the story now.

1 hour ago, Miss_Saffron said:

It's just my wild guess. Jon was 998th Commander, Edd is the 999th.

Edd is not the LC. That must be voted on. It's implied that he is acting in charge but he is not in title LC.

Now, as to the repetitive nature of this series. Some expect the wall to fall...So Bran if he became the LC could also be a new version of Bran the Builder and re build the wall. The NW will receive all the support it needs now that people remember the reason it was built in the first place, not to keep wildlings out, but to keep walkers out.

My mistake - I wasn't precise with Edd. But I assume he'll be voted in officially since I don't think the show will bother with another multi-candidate NW elections. Besides are there even any other named characters in the NW at this point? Since Sam left, Jon is leaving and others were killed off one time or another.

On 5/18/2016 at 9:17 AM, Miss_Saffron said:

...interesting idea, i had not thought of bran ...

On 5/18/2016 at 9:50 AM, Miss_Saffron said:

I just find it fitting, since Jon being commander twice would be repetitive, Rickon is a goner and has no ties to NW or WW story whatsoever and Benjen is a possibility,but I'm not even sure they would bring him back on the show.

i also would very much enjoy this coming to pass...

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Edd is not the LC. That must be voted on. It's implied that he is acting in charge but he is not in title LC.

Now, as to the repetitive nature of this series. Some expect the wall to fall...So Bran if he became the LC could also be a new version of Bran the Builder and re build the wall. The NW will receive all the support it needs now that people remember the reason it was built in the first place, not to keep wildlings out, but to keep walkers out.

i agree edd is just the acting LC...

and i really would like seeing bran become the new builder...i am one who believes the wall will fall or be compromised. having bran be the one to stop the walkers seems the logical choice

2 hours ago, Miss_Saffron said:

My mistake - I wasn't precise with Edd. But I assume he'll be voted in officially since I don't think the show will bother with another multi-candidate NW elections. Besides are there even any other named characters in the NW at this point? Since Sam left, Jon is leaving and others were killed off one time or another.

i agree...you are right, not too many dudes left, period  

3 hours ago, Miss_Saffron said:

You are definitely correct, no reason for another vote so the show may just let it go as is and not worry about it, Edd gets it by default.

Archived