Knights of the Vale

So we are seeing the lanisters going to deal with the blackfish. John and Sansa will be rallying the northern house...please Howland reed show up.

that means

the Freys will have an army

the Lannisters will have an army With Jamie and Bronn

the brotherhood without baners will be lurking

the blackfish has a force..not sure how big

and breianne with Pod will be around.

where will the Knights of the Vale figure into this converging siege/ battle in the river lands.

The response is here (an interview with Aidan Gillen)

http://time.com/4328140/game-of-thrones-littlefinger-sansa/

"A lot of what I’m up to is atonement and really trying to align myself [with] the right people"

basically, I think that Sansa refused the help of LittleFinger but he will help her even without her Ok, he feels human toward Sansa and he wants her to forgive him because he loves her

Baelish*Sansa story is the same as Danny*Jorah story

1 hour ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Baelish*Sansa story is the same as Danny*Jorah story

Oh wow, I don't know about that. I feel like Dany can trust Jorah completely, and he will do anything for her no matter the personal consequences to himself. Even if Littlefinger is becoming more human towards Sansa, he still has his own self serving interests. 

Is LF waiting for the battle of the bastards to end so he can take the Vale army to kill off the winners? I don't buy for one second he has any loyalty to Sansa or anyone but himself... He's an opportunist and here is the ultimate opportunity to bring the entire North to his heel.... Thoughts???

Think about it, he promised Cersei he would take the Vale Knights to destroy the winner of the Bolton-Stannis bowl... Why would this be any different??

2 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

Is LF waiting for the battle of the bastards to end so he can take the Vale army to kill off the winners? I don't buy for one second he has any loyalty to Sansa or anyone but himself... He's an opportunist and here is the ultimate opportunity to bring the entire North to his heel.... Thoughts???

He also is not stupid.

When the battle was Bolton vs Stannis, LF could potentially convince the north to follow him, if he cleaned up the mess after the fact.  Bolton (Turncloak, Stannis a southerner)...

However if a Stark is fighting for the north, and LF were to come in and clean up after the battle I think he would gain the North temporarily, but lose it in the end.  

LF's ideal game plan would be to have Sansa hold Winterfell, and marry her.  He then gets two things he has always wanted, the North and Sansa (Cat).  

So in the end I do think he will support Sansa.

34 minutes ago, Sonoftheharpie said:

Think about it, he promised Cersei he would take the Vale Knights to destroy the winner of the Bolton-Stannis bowl... Why would this be any different??

He will face a dilemma : destroy Jon army and kill the girl he loves and bring her head to Cersei or betray Cersei and side with Jon/Sansa against the boltons

I think he will go with Sansa and betray Cersei 

GRRM Explaining the dilemma in the relation Baelish/Sansa 

57 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

To me when Samsa met LF she had two choices:

a) Kill him because what she did to her

b.) Be more pragmatic and get him to allow her to her get a significant Army from the Vale. She needs an army, than one knocks to her door and she let it go away?

she didn't do any of the above. 

Agreed, that's why I think it's plausible LF might turn on her yet again...

The smart play was to kill him and all his attendants and send word back to the Vale he was killed by the Boltons and call for their aid or at worst feign that you forgive him and accept his help and make sure he is 'accidentally' killed during the battle...

He's too devious to be left alive...

In reality he'll likely end up bailing her out for all the reasons everyone else has mentioned but he's someone that absolutely can't be trusted and she's handled him very poorly by not going in one of the 2 directions you mentioned....

1 hour ago, King Onion Knight said:

I think the letter we see her signing in the preview is to Littlefinger about now wanting an army since the northern lords won't fight for her, rather, they want to free Rickon Stark.

If the Northern lords want Rickon freed, why wouldn't they fight with/for Sansa? She wants her brother freed too. 

4 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

If the Northern lords want Rickon freed, why wouldn't they fight with/for Sansa? She wants her brother freed too. 

They won't fight for her meaning they aren't going to be fighting to put her in charge of Winterfell especially since she is a Bolton.

59 minutes ago, King Onion Knight said:

They won't fight for her meaning they aren't going to be fighting to put her in charge of Winterfell especially since she is a Bolton.

Since when Sansa is a bolton? it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, she is the daughter of Ned Stark, she is a stark and northerners don't like the boltons, you said they won't fight for her but Jon and Sansa are not going to the northerners to fight for them, they are calling their bannermen to free rickon and take back winterfell (the heart of the north)

did you see season 6 trailers? there are mormont banners on the stark side and no knights of the vale, you are making very strange assumptions

6 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Since when Sansa is a bolton? it's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, she is the daughter of Ned Stark, she is a stark and northerners don't like the boltons, you said they won't fight for her but Jon and Sansa are not going to the northerners to fight for them, they are calling their bannermen to free rickon and take back winterfell (the heart of the north)

did you see season 6 trailers? there are mormont banners on the stark side and no knights of the vale, you are making very strange assumptions

Sansa is a Bolton since she married Ramsay Bolton. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdMCeFQ56bU

All Sansa need to do is to send raven to Vale informing Sweet Robin and lords of the Vale that LF has killed his mommy and daddy and give her to Boltons against her will and LF lose every power he have and we would see mocking bird flying.

2 hours ago, Cragen said:

All Sansa need to do is to send raven to Vale informing Sweet Robin and lords of the Vale that LF has killed his mommy and daddy and give her to Boltons against her will and LF lose every power he have and we would see mocking bird flying.

And reveal her duplicity in protecting LF when the lords and ladies of the Vale questioned her about Lysa's death and she lied for him? Yeah, they may send the mockingbird flying, but they will probably withdraw their support for Sansa and return to the Vale.

10 hours ago, King Onion Knight said:

Sansa hasn't expressed any desire to be put in charge of Winterfell, let alone made that the object of the whole campaign.

6 minutes ago, Ludo Kressh said:

And reveal her duplicity in protecting LF when the lords and ladies of the Vale questioned her about Lysa's death and she lied for him? Yeah, they may send the mockingbird flying, but they will probably withdraw their support for Sansa and return to the Vale.

The easier thing would be to tell them that Baelish sold her to the Boltons, since he's exposed himself there by lying about how she ended up in Winterfell.

11 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

She is a Bolton since she married Ramsay and was bedded by him, GENIUS. Knights of the Vale obviously its not shown in the trailer, GENIUS, because they will be making the SAVE at the end of the day, GENIUS.

4 hours ago, Ludo Kressh said:

Sansa is blind spot for Littlefinger. Look closely into his motivation and you will see why. He let Sansa know to much, it was his only mistake so far and in the end it will be costly.

Archived