The Poster Below: v43

Ramsay B.

You heathen, tea is my lifeblood. Completely unsullied by milk or sugar, I will happily sip my way through at least 6 cups a day, usually more. For shame Ramsay Blow, for shame.

Tpb agrees with my sentiment

• 2 weeks later...

This looks fun. 

So the last book I ride was Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow. Yeah...it makes no sense at all. I have read what might qualify as challenging books before - it took me two readings to get Blood Meridian, and another one after that to appreciate it  - but Pynchon is just using the English Language to write a book for some entirely different species. 

Tpb shares something that everyone just accepts as normal that's actually fucked up when you think about it. 

I'm not sure what you mean, so this may not fit here. I'm on my phone all the time and people accept that as normal because everybody is on their phones all the time, while that's actually pretty fucked up, if you think about it. 

TPB has read Harry Potter and the cursed child and will tell us what they think about it. 

Whoa!! That task is just meant for me :D coz I'm a crazy Potterhead :wub:

IMO the book was a total disappointment. The main theme of friendship and love is retained but it lacks the magic, mystery we are so fond of discovering in the wizarding world. It destroyed the temperament of the fundamental characters we grew to love in the previous books and the story could have been better left as a play than as a script book. If you are someone who would be content with reading fanfiction as long as you get something related to HP world and not worry of original quality, then you will like the book.

TPB will say how they convince themselves to leave a book they found uninteresting half-read.

I rarely ever leave a book half-read. No matter how much I hate it, I usually eventually struggle through the books I start. One book I remember I abandoned after fifty pages or so was Sugar Blues, a non-fictional (I think) story  about how food industry aims to murder me with sugar and how it will undeniably succeed. No, thank you. It was a no brainer that I would leave it unread, I don't need that kind of shit in my life. 

Tpb will tell us what was the worst book they remember reading. 

Probably, most likely, The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. In contrast to probably half the world's believe, the book was such a melodramatic, prolonged, literary version of a day-time soap (with a graceful pinch of sci-fi element just to get things going). The heroines are annoying and unlikable so much it gave me multiple headaches. Totally predictable and overrated as hell. My eyes bled reading this verbose bullcrap. Even Ann Patchett's Bel Canto wan't as intolerable as this. I do like Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale very much, though, so it's not like I hate her subjectively or anything. 

TPB will tell us how to make pancakes. Step-by-step. 

Take the ingredients out of the cupboards/fridge. Mix flour, eggs (you have to break them and only use the yolk and the white, and throw away the shell) and milk, and a pinch of salt. With a mixer in a container that holds most of it in it when you are mixing it.

Take a frying pan, put some oil in it and heat it on the cooker. When it is hot, pour pancake batter onto it and turn the pan so that the dough spreads evenly in a thin layer. Put it back on the cooker and keep an eye on it.

When it is hard enough that you can lift it without it falling apart, turn the pancake and cook it on the other side too.

When it is finished (mostly yellow, with some brown spots), put it on another plate.

Repeat until there is batter left. Do not forget to add oil on the pan unless you want the whole kitchen to be stinky.

You can serve them with various coverings (nutella, jam, walnuts, fruits, coconut flour, whipped cream ... use your imagination) and either roll them or fold them into a triangle.

I hope this suffices.

The next poster will tell us what they like their pancakes with.

(I want pancakes now. :drool: )

Actually, you made crêpes. The two are interchangeable to some degree, per se (as long as you aren't in France). 

I like my crêpes with cocoa, cinnamon, banana and Nutella, vanilla-cottage cheese custard, certain flavours of jam and of course Hortobagy Style (chicken paprika stew topped with sour cream -no, that's not disgusting, it's a national food of ours). 

Tpb will do the same. 

Archived