The Poster Below: v43

Ramsay B.

I prefer white wine over red most of the time but I can tolerate red wine if that's what's available :P I always have alcohol with company. That's probably because I associate alcohol with friends and fun (just a year out of college, so that's why :P)

TPB will tell us what's the spiciest dish they've eaten.

The spicest dish I had was my brother's first attempt to cook. Inedible rice with no salt and tons of pepper. We eat a lot of spicy food, being a large variety of peppers usual in our meals, but that shit was on another level (he ate it alone).

TPB will tell us the worst dish they've ever cooked.

Since I recently binged watched the first 3 seasons of Agents of SHIELD, Grant Ward (Brett Dalton). Hotter than the fiery depths of hell, especially from episode 1.18 onwards.

TPB will tell us what they usually like to have for breakfast (including what they drink in the morning).

Katherine by Anya Seton, historical novel set in the late 14th century England, about Katherine de Roet (Katherine Swynford), common born long time mistress and finally third wife of John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster (and ancestor to all English monarchs after Henry VI). She was also Chaucer's sister-in-law, so he's a supporting character. I've heard good things about this, and I can see why - there's a vivid potrayal of various characters from very different levels of society, characters aren't anachronistic in their mindset like you often see in bad historical novels with 'plucky heroines' who feel modern, everybody here feels convincingly medieval, for instance with the role religion plays in their lives. The Peasant Revolt is shown both in its good and its bad. There are no glaring historicacal inaccuracies, though some of the events we don't know details about have been embellished and made to be more dramatic, but that's what you'd expect from a novel.

Now I'm going further down in the past and I've started to read I Am the Chosen King by Helen Hollick, about king Harold II and the last years of the Anglo-Saxon kingdom and the Norman invasion in 1066. It actually starts some 20+ years earlier, with the coronation of Edward the Confessor (who must have been part of an inspiration to GRRM for Baelor the Blessed).

TPB will tell us about the latest movie they've seen.

The Giver. An adaptation of the novel with Jeff Bridges acting as the titular character. I had not read the book previously. I felt like there were some plot holes.

TPB will share their favorite ASOIAF character and give a semi-detailed explanation as to why

Pfft.. Rhaegar? Because I'm a hopeless romantic who is a sucker for forbidden love? alright, it's probably Ser Pounce if I have to give a serious answer. 

Tpb will tell us what makeup they wear on a daily basis if they do and if TPB is a gentleman, he will tell us how he feels about ladies wearing makeup. 

I am not a clever person so I don't think there's a lot to learn from me. My langauge is about the only thing I know which you probably don't, so: "szél" means wind in Hungarian and you pronounce it like "sale". 

tpb will give us another language lesson. 

The amount of radiation received is inversely proportional to the square of your distance from the radiation source.

For example, a person stands 1 m from the radiation source and another stands 3 m away. The second person receives 1/9th (11%) of what the first received. If a third person stood 10 m away, they would receive 1/100th (1%) of the radiation the first received. 

TPB will teach us about something else. 

1 hour ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

The amount of radiation received is inversely proportional to the square of your distance from the radiation source.

For example, a person stands 1 m from the radiation source and another stands 3 m away. The second person receives 1/9th (11%) of what the first received. If a third person stood 10 m away, they would receive 1/100th (1%) of the radiation the first received. 

TPB will teach us about something else. 

First I didn't understand how this was a language lesson, but then, it's technically in Chinese so I can see why you chose this particular lesson to share with us. 

The average horse's heart weighs approximately 9 or 10 pounds.

Tpb will ill do the same. 

9 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

First I didn't understand how this was a language lesson, but then, it's technically in Chinese so I can see why you chose this particular lesson to share with us.  

In my experience, math will fulfill the foreign language requirement at many universities. 

But if a foreign language lesson in the traditional sense is what is asked...

In Spanish, the subjunctive use of verbs indicates doubt and the will of others, but many native speakers will use it rarely or not at all. 

Archived