How to bring Gendry back

LordImp

Gendry has been absent since season 3 and nothing indicates that he will be back this season . But i think we will see the bastard again in season 7.

My theory is that Varys or Ilyrio got their hands on Gendry and has been keeping in Pentos ever since . I expect Dany to leave Meren in ep10 this season and will most likely visit Pentos in s7 before landing in Westeros. In Pentos Ilyrio will Introduce Dany to Gendry , Robert Baratheon's bastard . Dany will want to kill the boy but Ilyrio and Tyrion convinces her otherwise. Dany will therefore legitimize Gendry as a trueborn Baratheon and use him to get support from the Stormlands .

Then we can maybe have Gendry and Jorah taking Storms end in s7 as a replacement for (f)Aegon and  JonCon and we will finally visit Storms end . 

5 hours ago, LordImp said:

Gendry has been absent since season 3 and nothing indicates that he will be back this season . But i think we will see the bastard again in season 7.

My theory is that Varys or Ilyrio got their hands on Gendry and has been keeping in Pentos ever since . I expect Dany to leave Meren in ep10 this season and will most likely visit Pentos in s7 before landing in Westeros. In Pentos Ilyrio will Introduce Dany to Gendry , Robert Baratheon's bastard . Dany will want to kill the boy but Ilyrio and Tyrion convinces her otherwise. Dany will therefore legitimize Gendry as a trueborn Baratheon and use him to get support from the Stormlands .

Then we can maybe have Gendry and Jorah taking Storms end in s7 as a replacement for (f)Aegon and  JonCon and we will finally visit Storms end . 

That would be like Dany. Your father, who u never met and didn't even know was your father until recently, was an enemy of my father who I never met and by all accounts was insane.

By all right u deserve to die!!!!

Gendry has been gone long enough that if he showed up before a battle (any battle), in Baratheon colors with a large antler helm and war hammer, a kick ass mini Robert Baratheon, it would totally fit. Three seasons, two years, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he'd master using a war hammer and sword. Maybe learning he's Robert's son inspires him. If he returns the same old Gendry I'll be let down. Dude, what have you been doing all this time?

5 hours ago, The Dames do Moan said:

That would be like Dany. Your father, who u never met and didn't even know was your father until recently, was an enemy of my father who I never met and by all accounts was insane.

By all right u deserve to die!!!!

Then a short sentence from Tyrion about how 'he could be of use' followed by a complete 180 from Danny as she takes Gendry for her husband.

2 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

Gendry has been gone long enough that if he showed up before a battle (any battle), in Baratheon colors with a large antler helm and war hammer, a kick ass mini Robert Baratheon, it would totally fit. Three seasons, two years, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he'd master using a war hammer and sword. Maybe learning he's Robert's son inspires him. If he returns the same old Gendry I'll be let down. Dude, what have you been doing all this time?

Row, Row, Row ya boat gently down a stream,

Merrily Merrily.....

11 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I would say that if Gendry is not at Cersei's trial or at another camp where other BWB are located, then he is not coming back.

If the High Sparrow has Gendry for the trial then Tommen has just been played like the little bitch boy he is and will be stoned to death for being an 'abomination'! Hahahaaa I would love that!

Just now, WinterPool Stark said:

If the High Sparrow has Gendry for the trial then Tommen has just been played like the little bitch boy he is and will be stoned to death for being an 'abomination'! Hahahaaa I would love that!

Oh, I think Tommen has already been played. The HS is using Poor Dumb Tommen to OVERTHROW Poor Dumb Tommen. The High Septon first had Poor Dumb Tommen, in essence, make the faith a co - equal to the monarch. then he is maneuvered into removing trial by combat where his mother's trial, which is directly involving whether or not Poor Dumb Tommen is legit, was as good as won. There is no way Cersei is going to win this trial now and Tommen will be declared a Bastard and stripped of the crown which makes The High Septon, the ruler of the land.

Olenna Tyrell returns to Highgarden where he is being kept. The true identity of Littlefinger's "handsome young man." Then after Cersei burns them all and Tommen is dead. Olenna legitimizes him, marries him to Marge, but then Aegon comes and Olenna starts planning that marriage. She will be loathe to witness the return of Dany, for there is no wedding to be had.

3 hours ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

Olenna Tyrell returns to Highgarden where he is being kept. The true identity of Littlefinger's "handsome young man." Then after Cersei burns them all and Tommen is dead. Olenna legitimizes him, marries him to Marge, but then Aegon comes and Olenna starts planning that marriage. She will be loathe to witness the return of Dany, for there is no wedding to be had.

Phooey on handsome young man.  Why hold on to that as story canon when the writers themselves forget the mess they have concocted when it becomes inconvenient with what they have on the table for the next episode with whatever new patch job that is required.

Especially when it is just to change the lines to be cutesy with episode title.   Handsome young man was "the Gift".   Producers think they are so clever with this baloney.

This year it was total embarrassment to plot as they crowbar family reunion in Blood of my Blood episode that likely GRRM would have avoided until way later in story.   Like Sansa and Jon and Theon and asha/yara.

The best part in book when Theon is reunited with Asha is that this time Theon reconizes her and she does not know him by what is left of him.   Skipped.  Jon/Sansa reunion comical with Davos, Mel, Brienne all in Winterfell.  Brienne admits executing stannis because he used blood magic and admitted it although it is obvious that stannis does not know any without Mel.   Davos does not care about Brienne killing his king because it is all in the past..man.

9 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Oh, I think Tommen has already been played. The HS is using Poor Dumb Tommen to OVERTHROW Poor Dumb Tommen. The High Septon first had Poor Dumb Tommen, in essence, make the faith a co - equal to the monarch. then he is maneuvered into removing trial by combat where his mother's trial, which is directly involving whether or not Poor Dumb Tommen is legit, was as good as won. There is no way Cersei is going to win this trial now and Tommen will be declared a Bastard and stripped of the crown which makes The High Septon, the ruler of the land.

The High Sparrow will only rule until he has crowned a new king/queen

3 hours ago, Rhaegar Frey said:

The High Sparrow will only rule until he has crowned a new king/queen

I do not think he is getting rid of Tommen to make room for Dany. I think on the show anyway, he is going to try and take it all and make the High Septon sort of a King/Head of State and Religion/All in one.

1 hour ago, Ser Gareth said:

Is the correct answer.  Not every minor character needs to have their story arc fulfilled.

It's why I truly hope that the books don't bring back the Hound for example.

I think Gendry will come back again; minor characters have been brought back (also not always with a good ending).

And The Hound will 100% reappear in The Books.

Archived