acroPHILIA lucky #13...Rocksniffer's cherry has been popped...and the crowd goes wild! !

rocksniffer

So many I didn't take/have time to consider. Catelyn for 10 is a surprisingly good answer I never considered. The italics kill it a bit, but that an interesting guess. I like these clues significantly more with answers than I did trying to guess them within 5 minutes.

Yes, on my first go round I said Catelyn for 10, mainly because my copy and paste did not pick up the italics.  But it didn't fit exactly well, and I decided 8 was a better fit for her.  Next I pencilled in Lyanna, for the faithfully, but decided to go back and re-read every little clue crumb rocksniffer dropped, and I also saw the emphasis on faith.  That's when the theme clunked on my head with a bang, so I searched....I guess I can say this, everyone has submitted their answers....Tyrion's Wiki page and the next penny dropped.

I managed to guess Osha, but my thinking was entirely different. I thought of the old iron swords in the crypts guarding the living from the spirits of the dead. Those swords are corroded so the spirits may be free now. Osha took Ned's sword. There are other characters who noticed this or took a sword, but Osha fit my theme guess best.

Regarding #10, I noticed the emphasis on faith, but my first guess was R'hllor-oriented: I thought of Selyse, who assumes that another child would be given to her and Stannis if they remarried in the light of the Red God. I still think it's a very good answer to that clue, but Lemore is good as well. I finally managed to guess her as Selyse didn't fit with my theme... I missed Shae though, because I totally misinterpreted consort and looked for someone royal. I even wondered how Shae could be missing from this pageantry of beauties, but I couldn't place her, and my wrong guess, Arianne, seemed to fit.

5 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

I managed to guess Osha, but my thinking was entirely different. I thought of the old iron swords in the crypts guarding the living from the spirits of the dead.

As I think, the explanation for the Osha clue is twofold. First, she is "a free agent" who choose freely where her allegiances lie and who broke through the ironborn guard.("Corroding agent" is also chemistry!). And the second one is that she also took one of the iron swords that is supposed to guard graves in the crypts.

3 hours ago, a free shadow said:

As I think, the explanation for the Osha clue is twofold. First, she is "a free agent" who choose freely where her allegiances lie and who broke through the ironborn guard.("Corroding agent" is also chemistry!). And the second one is that she also took one of the iron swords that is supposed to guard graves in the crypts.

2 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Too confusing in form for my liking.

I would have absolutely liked this clue with a bit more punctuation.

I missed Osha due to lack of punctuation. If "free" had been offset either by a comma or a period (making it its own very powerful little sentence) it would have made a huge difference. As it was I thought it referred to the guard first and was thinking Justin Massey because he guarded Asha. Then I asked if the subject of the clue was the guard and the answer was no, so I figured it was the guarded and went with Asha.

Didn't get Septa Lemore either, though in hindsight the italics on "faith" should have given me something. I was thinking about children we know were given to others, so I guessed Lyanna Stark, and thought that "faithfully" had to do with Ned and the Stark devotion to the Old Gods. I understand the clue better with the explanation but I'm hung up on the word given. We don't know she gave away her child, it could have died. Or am I just reading it wrong? Going on very little sleep lately so I fully admit I could be seriously wrong with my interpretation.

I think 3 just has no grammatical clues about how to interpret it, I wished I had answered it purely on gut associations - I kept thinking it was Osha. 

#10 was so ambiguous In the end I just went on the 'Faith' hint -. although as Tyene is speculated to be her daughter I initially went with her.

I think I mucked up the theme too. My brain just doesn't work sometimes. Or rather it works, badly.

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

<snip

#10 was so ambiguous In the end I just went on the 'Faith' hint -. although as Tyene is speculated to be her daughter I initially went with her.

<snip

Incorrectly. Tyene's mother lives in the Reach. She and Arianne, and another Sand Snake or two have visited her. 

Please excuse my going off-game here. I was up literally all night last night, and I'm fried.

Lady b; I didn't say it was correctly.... actually I thought it was bit cheeky to incorporate a minor fan theory into a clue ... but the person hadn't.

17 hours ago, a free shadow said:

I thought the 10th was for either Jon Snow or Eddard Stark, although I agree that italics pointed to Lemore more.

Can we still guess the theme, as it is not yet revealed? :ninja:

I thought that was possible also, and I thought a corroded iron guarding agent could be Theon (iron born) or Jaime (guardian of iron throne) because they are both corroded (have lost bits, although not from a corrosive agent unless you see GRRM as a corrosive agent). Anyway, I asked a yes no question which eliminated them, and promptly made up something implausible for the iron agent one and changed a correct clue to incorrect, thus keeping the same score.

alrighty friends and neighbors i am getting results together and round 3 clues ready...

i am reminded of a favorite tyrion show quote when i look at the comments above...

why are all the gods such vicious c*nts....

edit:theme was women who appeared naked on page for a reason other than sex....all of the ladies in the list were naked to swim, bathe, walk of shame, in her cell in the sept... and shae who was naked plenty for sex was also naked in tywin's bed where she was killed and she was sleeping before...as was sansa before she woke up bleeding...and arya washing clothes by river..

:smoking:

Round 2 Words

First a few random words…because the many clues were easier this round I am limiting author points at 5… and yes the theme was women who appear naked on page for reasons other than sex…

Results…

1. Courteous girl is almost flying. – SANSA STARK

author: YOMI

guessing =  18 points

author = 5 points

voting = 1 point

favorite votes = 3 points

sum = 27 points

2. To dancing,needling, rendering helpless! – ARYA STARK

author: LADY BLIZZARDBORN

guessing =  24 points

author = 5 points

theme = 1 points

favorite votes = 1

points spent = - 5

sum = 26 points

3. Corroded guarding iron agent free. – OSHA THE WILDLING

author: a SHADOW

guessing =  27 points

author = 2 points

voting = 1 point

sum =  30 points

4. Tender darling never Renly’s hotsie? – MARGAERY TYRELL

author: CASTELLAN

guessing =  24 points

author = 5 points

theme = 4 points

voting = 1 point

sum =  34 points

5. Consort girl’s insinuations are false. – SHAE

author: STONED HEART

guessing =  21 points

author = 5 points

theme = 1 point

voting = 1 point

sum = 28 points

6. Crimson gleaming in afterglow’s flame. – MELISANDRE OF ASSHAI

author: DOLOROUS GABE

guessing =  24 points

author = 5 points

theme = 4 points

voting = 1 point

favorite votes = 1 point

sum = 35 points

7. Can girl ignite a following? – DAENERYS STORMBORN TARGARYEN

author: FRAGILE BIRD

guessing =  30 points

author = 5 points

theme = 5 points

voting = 1 point

favorite votes = 2 points

bonus = 5 points

points spent  = -4

sum = 44 points

8. Tried discovering name. Resentment harbored. – CATELYN STARK

author: JULIA H

guessing =  27 points

author = 4 points

theme = 4 points

voting = 1 point

favorite votes = 3 points

points spent = -3

sum =  36 points

9. ***Chivalrous “giantess” inquires after fledglings. – BRIENNE OF TARTH ***

author: SHE who must be OBEYED

10. Child given is assumed…faithfully. – SEPTA LEMORE

author: SER NOT APPEARING

guessing = 9 points

author = 4 points

theme = 1 point

voting = 1 point

this was my fucking favorite and am giving it 1 point:commie:

sum = 16 points

11. Crown grants impatient attitude. (female) – CEERSEI LANNISTER

author: LIL GHOST

guessing =  21 points

author = 5 points

theme = 1 point

voting = 1 point

points spent = -2 points

sum = 26 points 

ok this round is finally in the books…and it is the bookkeeping that holds me up…. <_<

Standings so far…

1. Fragile Bird…………………….81 points
  2. Castellan ………………………77 points
  3. Dolorous Gabe………………..70 points
  4. Julia H…………………………..69 points
  5. Lady Bizzardborn…………….63 points
  6. Yomi…………………………….59 points
  7. Lil’ Ghost………………………51 points
  8. Stoned Heart………………….43 points
  9. A Shadow……………………..30 points
  10. Ser Not Appearing…………..22 points
  11. Aegon the Poached…………..7 points

well Fragile Bird flew into the lead with a perfect round B)Castellan put up a good fight but just missed holding the top spot :cheers:….Dolorous Gabe, Julia H, Lady Blizz and yomi have let a little space come between them after a puckeringly tight first round where only 4 points separated them :fencing:

:cheers: to a :ninja: who jumped in and posted 9 correct answers …good job everyone...time to refill those cups and get ready for round 3 

my addition maybe suspect so i am using excel to keep records...so if there is an error blame microsoft

:pimp:

edit: i fucked up and have now corrected Julia's score...though the over all standings didn't change she is REALLY  breathing down Gabe's neck now...rock on sweetlings....

:smoking:

Archived