[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

2 hours ago, DarkerStar said:

******snip******

Why couldn't Doran Martell have stayed alive to do the same damn thing the Sand Snakes are doing right now? What was the purpose for killing him off? You know Trystane would have made a good marriage offer for Dany. She can't marry a Sand Snake.

*****snip********

D$D twirling their moustaches "or can she "???

Varys is now the next grandmaster of teleportation. I always noticed that about Littlefinger and later Theon, but this time this was really remarkable. In one moment in Dorne, 25 minutes later back in Mereen to get on a ship back to... Dorne I guess. That's... that's weird.

Not a bad episode overall, but then again my standards have been lowered so much that "no cock jokes" and no enormous plot holes is above average by now.
 Still, let the rant commence:

• Varys teleporting. Also, they gave him one line in Dorne? With this whole Dorne plot unfolding like this, it really is beyond me why they kill off Alexander Siddig and give us four Sandsnakes instead. Surely their combined salaries are higher? So is this about some attempt to bring women to power? I hope they don't actually believe they are making a feminist show because D&D are both incredibly sexist.
  • Arya making Frey pies. Try not to think too hard about how she would actually do this (by herself), you'll just give yourself a headache.
  • Arya teleporting. Yeah sure, we're supposed to believe that sometimes months pass between episodes and sometimes no time at all, and all the scenes within an episode aren't necessarily happening at the same time. Yet this is a horrible argument and often fails when timelines do start to merge with each other. I'm calling it now, it will take Daenerys 3-4 episodes to reach Westeros, if not more.
  • Walder Frey conveniently staying in the hall all by himself. Someone last week suggested that Arya would take the identity of a girl he would wed and kill him during the bedding ceremony. That would make more sense than this. Arya couldn't possibly have planned for this so she's just incredibly lucky.
  • Margaery's spider sense warning her of Cersei's plan but we are supposed to accept that a. everyone joins her in her panic (why? nothing happened) and b. the High Septon doesn't let them leave because reasons.
  • Unless Baelish played a clever game with Sansa where he asked her to do the opposite of what he truly wanted (so, his actual plan was to install Jon as the KitN and he knew Sansa wouldn't listen to him), he's an absolute idiot.
  • What a shame that Lancel doesn't have Arya's ironskin and can only crawl after a small stab in what seemed like his hip.
  • Was that whole scene with Loras confessing and having that symbol carved in his forehead really necessary?
  • Davos and Melisandre confrontation in the final episode of  this season. I don't think I need to elaborate on this...
  • The whole reason why Bran wants to see that Tower of Joy scene and is doing so when they're being chased by WW feels a bit contrived. Why not cross the wall first? You know, Hodor and Summer had to die because you wanted to enjoy your virtual reality game, does Meera have to die too?
  • Sansa saying "Oh sorry for not telling you about that army I had" and Jon is like "OK".
  • The Northern lords saying "Oh yeah we didn't want to join you before because reasons" (and then D&D have the audacity to throw a "The North Remembers" line in there? Are you kidding me?) and Jon replying "There is nothing to forgive". What the hell? First of all, Ghost should've been standing next to Jon; then it would make sense that they call him the White Wolf. Secondly, Jon should've put them in their place and demand that they declare for him and make up for it in the upcoming war. As a KitN, you can't chicken out on these kind of things or you'll lose your men's support. There's a reason Dothraki and Wildlings follow power. Robb understood this and was able to use Grey Wind to get the Umbers on his side.

The library looked cool though.

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

This, but also, what if the people of Meereen elect new slavemasters? Danaerys is severily lacking in brains it seems.

Also, I'm pretty sure Daario and the second sons never signed up to become electoral officials, what about the lands and titles they were promised!

2 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Also, I'm pretty sure Daario and the second sons never signed up to become electoral officials, what about the lands and titles they were promised!

Im just happy it's over, I never thought Meereen (or Essos in general) was done well.

I'll start off by saying...I did think the wildfire scene and everything leading up to it was very well done. 

I hated the rest of the episode.

Arya killing Walder Frey was supposed to be some big payoff...oh look she killed him just like Catelyn was killed. Justice! Nope. It felt cheap and forced. They were trying to go for some shock here but it made no sense for Arya to be here in the first place.

All the mentioning of Catelyn, the Red Wedding, having the BWoB this season, is now confirmed to be a 100% troll plot to book readers and nothing more.

The teleportation has destroyed any sense of immersion for me anymore. Characters can just pop up wherever they want just to push the plot. In the earlier seasons I really felt the size of the world because it took characters whole seasons or at least 2-3 episodes to travel. Whatever...

Predictable lame ending.

I was so jaded by the end, but did I really see the people from Dorne on the ships? So they sailed to Mereen from Westeros just to go back to Westeros? *Mind explosion*

1 hour ago, Kingly said:

So Jon goes from:

"My father taught me that the one who passes the sentence should swing the sword" on Janos, to "I'm going to mass-hang you all because I was just resurrected and CBF with beheading" about the NW traitors, to "if you ever come back I'll have you hanged" about Mel. 

D$D dialogue, disenguous, derelict and diabolical!

OK, first impressions before I read up on this thread:

King's Landing:

So Cersei finally breaks and has a really bad dress day.

But neither she nor Qyburn thought to guard Tommen after they killed his wife? Because people are just dumb whenever the plot needs it. Then again, she didn't seem very mournful after the suicide..

NOW you're giving her the stinkeye, Jaime? Just because she flipped a bit and lost ONE child on her watch? Shut up, you lost two, and you didn't even have to do the WoS.

LOVED the sleuths Lancel and Marge, they would have made a funny mystery comedy detective duo:
Oh, a street kid in the streets of King's Landing! How very strange, I must investigate!
Oh, Cersei didn't show up for her trial! Out, out, she's gonna kill us all!

They suddenly have more brains than everyone else together. Because plot. Too bad they had to die.

Pycelle - unnecessary insertion of naked ho. Btw., why exactly did they kill off Pycelle?

I will miss Loras, one of the few characters I still liked.
I must admit that I liked the piano music initially. It might have been clichéd, but for GOT, clichéd is good, relatively speaking. But it got annoying and boring very fast.

The Citadel:

Sooo, the Citadel hasn't learned of Mormont's death after years, while tyrion knew about in in Essos way back when... nevermind.

Sam has become so annoying, he used to be one of my favorites. So he knew that women are not allowed there but still brought her and looked surprised when they told him off?!

The North:

Davos needs his own category of disgusting. Biggest hyppocrite ever. I hate him alsmost as much as Tyrion now. Self-righteous bastard. (Yeah, but how do I really feel?) Run, Lyanna Mormont, RUN! Don't  let him befriend and father you!

Jon does this ingeniuos passive-aggressive thing to guilt-trip Sansa (you go, emo boy!); unfortunately, all is forgotten when she says, Oops, sorry! No explanation? Just trust issues? Whatever, it only cost them a few thousand expendable lives and one brother. There's still a spare one, although strangely, noone remembers him.

Eeeew, Littlefinger In Lurrrve.... ewww, ewww, ewww. Remind me again why Sandra doesn't contact the Vale lords and Robin and get LF executed?

Heavy handed intro to ToJ : LF calling him a bastard - cut to ToJ - baby - cut to Jon. *eyeroll*

Nice pro Jon  speech, Lyanna. It's his manbun, isn't it?  I mean, it can't have been his military strategy... And he's a Snow, not a Stark... Of course, she is 10 years old. Unlike the lords who all declare for him, too. Strangely, neither Sandra nor Jon seem to remember Bran... You know, the Stark boy they know may still be alive.
Oh, and... SHUT UP DAVOS!

Dorne (no, no, no, no! Not Dorne again!)

Soooo... Varys traveled to Dorne in anticipation of the Dowager wanting revenge for something that had not even happened then? Oookay.

I almost feel sorry for the Dowager QoT, then I remember she had one whole season to free her grandchildren, either with force or by cutting supplies to the city or intrigue or whatever..

Barbara, really? But thank you for shutting the bad pussies up.Not that Ellaria is much better, unfortunately.
Wait, the Lannisters declared war on Dorne? When?! Right after Myrcella's death? Good thing they didn't send any soldiers or stuff.

Mereen:

What would all these empowered women do without St. Tyrion?! The Gift That Won't Shut The Hell UP. So Illyrio failed to teach Dany about marriage politics?!  And she never knew about that concept until The Gift pointed it out to her? (What was Hizdar, then?)  And why the hell can't she have lovers on the side?! She has DRAGONS, ffs!

Tyrion: This is actually happening! Yo, more 21st century speak is what's happening, bro.
She talks longer to St. Tyrion than to the lover she was dumping, but oh well. Yes, I kinda like Daario now. In comparison to basically everyone else in Mereen... I'm sure Tyrion was mansplaining some deep philosphical issues but my brain just shut off. I gather he's the Hand now. *eyeroll*

My, when did the Dothraki learn to work ships?  Off screen, of course, like anything else. Now they can become sailors instead of reaping and raving. I'm still wondering about the technicalities of leaving their women, children and old folk behind. Are they living in Mereen now? Will the men want to commute from Westeros by teleporting or are they planning to return? Will the women form their own baseball leagues in the meantime? Does nobody get seasick? Inquiring minds need to know.

I've long been rooting for the White Walkers, and now I say: Bring 'em on!
ICE AND BLOOD!

1 hour ago, Kingly said:

And for God's sake let Stannis rest in peace. Must you shoehorn how evil he was into every episode? We get it, you hated him. Soon they'll just have characters look straight into the camera and say "F*** Stannis." 

You would think that Stannis seduced D$Ds wives, even though that would have been supremely out of character for Stannis, so who knows, maybe the D$s did write something like that?:D

4 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

:lmao::lmao:it's the new way of Westeros, she claimed to have killed Tommen, offscreen of course, and as is the new custom, kill the King, become the King! (Or queen)

It is a new inheritance rule. If a female kills a male she automatically inherits him. That is why the Dorokhati follow Dany despite them hating magic. That is why queen on thorns needed to run away to Dorne because Tyrells lost all of their troops and lands because Cersei also inherited the lands and troops by killing Lord Tyrell. She also inherited the loyalty of common folk by slaughtering a bunch of septons. Go powerpuff girls! Let the war of the five queens commence! 

1 minute ago, Johannes Rimpiläinen said:

It is a new inheritance rule. If a female kills a male she automatically inherits him. That is why the Dorokhati follow Dany despite them hating magic. That is why queen on thorns needed to run away to Dorne because Tyrells lost all of their troops and lands because Cersei also inherited the lands and troops by killing Lord Tyrell. She also inherited the loyalty of common folk by slaughtering a bunch of septons. Go powerpuff girls! Let the war of the five queens commence! 

Nice!B):thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Celtic Cross said:

The idea that someone (Cersei) could obliterate the Faith, the lord paramount of the Reach (Mace), his heir, the Queen, the Sept of Baelor, the Hand of the King (Kevan) and not only survive another day but then be crowned Queen is preposterous. The peasants alone would go into full rebellion and storm through the city for the death of their high priest, then there's the entire Tyrell army and all of its bannermen. Then there's the multiple allegations of kinslaying. But you know... plot convenience and here we are. 

Yes. All of it.

She didn't just kill of the religious leaders the smallfolk seemed to like and a bunch of her relatives (AND THE BELOVED QUEEN) but she also killed a whole lot of nobility who were present for the trial in the sept. If (so m-)any noble houses that support Kings Landing and the Lannister/Baratheons lose their relatives in an attack like that wouldn't they stop supporting Cersei/rioting/revolting against the crown and look for other rulers to join - (and I guess the smallfolk would also riot somehow) - how is it that there is still peace in the city and Cersei can become Queen? Why is Qyburn the one who can make her Queen? If most of the nobility was killed in the sept - who where the people at Cersei's weird coronation? What sort of religion do the people have now with no spiritual leader? What?How?Why?

Can Larry please strangle her in the first episode of season 7? Or will we have the canoodling of the twins for half the next season again?

Will Larry finally learn that Carol is up to no good and cheated on him? Will he ever leave her? I guess, he will now just end up in her small council - which will be very small indeed with just Carol,Larry and Qyburn - and then there will be more canoodling (momma needs a new heir!).

5 minutes ago, Johannes Rimpiläinen said:

War of the Five Queens? Because of D&D it will be more like The Big Bitchfight.

2 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Ned and Robb would have killed her. Ned wanted to have the killers of Rhaenys and Aegon punished. Robb killed his bannerman for the death of the two child hostages. 

"The Others can take her, then," Robb cursed, in a fury of despair. "Bloody Rickard Karstark as well. And Theon Greyjoy, Walder Frey, Tywin Lannister, and all the rest of them. Gods be good, why would any man ever want to be king? When everyone was shouting King in the North, King in the North, I told myself . . . swore to myself . . . that I would be a good king, as honorable as Father, strong, just, loyal to my friends and brave when I faced my enemies . . . now I can't even tell one from the other. How did it all get so confused? Lord Rickard's fought at my side in half a dozen battles. His sons died for me in the Whispering Wood. Tion Frey and Willem Lannister were my enemies. Yet now I have to kill my dead friends' father for their sakes." He looked at them all. "Will the Lannisters thank me for Lord Rickard's head? Will the Freys?"

They would be upset about it but they would believe they have to do this. You might say Jon is wiser than Ned and Robb to not decide to execute her because it is more pragmatical. BUT he exiles her. He also gains nothing with that.

You are missing Kingly´s point. It´s about MO of the executions.

16 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Yes. All of it.

She didn't just kill of the religious leaders the smallfolk seemed to like and a bunch of her relatives (AND THE BELOVED QUEEN) but she also killed a whole lot of nobility who were present for the trial in the sept. If (so m-)any noble houses that support Kings Landing and the Lannister/Baratheons lose their relatives in an attack like that wouldn't they stop supporting Cersei/rioting/revolting against the crown and look for other rulers to join - (and I guess the smallfolk would also riot somehow) - how is it that there is still peace in the city and Cersei can become Queen? Why is Qyburn the one who can make her Queen? If most of the nobility was killed in the sept - who where the people at Cersei's weird coronation? What sort of religion do the people have now with no spiritual leader? What?How?Why?

Can Larry please strangle her in the first episode of season 7? Or will we have the canoodling of the twins for half the next season again?

Will Larry finally learn that Carol is up to no good and cheated on him? Will he ever leave her? I guess, he will now just end up in her small council - which will be very small indeed with just Carol,Larry and Qyburn - and then there will be more canoodling (momma needs a new heir!).

And the mountain, I mean ser Gregor, I mean Robert Strong, he is on the small council as the Lord Commander of the Kings Guard! Question?? Would they shave even started the trials whilst the Kings was still absent!?? Maybe it's just another plot hole to be waved away

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

I will miss Loras, one of the few characters I still liked.

I must admit that I liked the piano music initially. It might have been clichéd, but for GOT, clichéd is good, relatively speaking. But it got annoying and boring very fast.

The Citadel:

Sooo, the Citadel hasn't learned of Mormont's death after years, while tyrion knew about in in Essos way back when... nevermind.Sam has become so annoying, he used to be one of my favorites. So he knew that women are not allowed there but still brought her and looked surprised when they told him off?!

Dorne (no, no, no, no! Not Dorne again!)

Soooo... Varys traveled to Dorne in anticipation of the Dowager wanting revenge for something that had not even happened then? Oookay.

I almost feel sorry for the Dowager QoT, then I remember she had one whole season to free her grandchildren, either with force or by cutting supplies to the city or intrigue or whatever..

Barbara, really? But thank you for shutting the bad pussies up.Not that Ellaria is much better, unfortunately.
Wait, the Lannisters declared war on Dorne? When?! Right after Myrcella's death? Good thing they didn't send any soldiers or stuff.

Mereen:
My, when did the Dothraki learn to work ships?  Off screen, of course, like anything else. Now they can become sailors instead of reaping and raving. I'm still wondering about the technicalities of leaving their women, children and old folk behind. Are they living in Mereen now? Will the men want to commute from Westeros by teleporting or are they planning to return? Will the women form their own baseball leagues in the meantime? Does nobody get seasick? Inquiring minds need to know.

Everything you wrote IS PERFECT! Though these are my favourites ;o)

I think it is sad, that GoT-Loras only dies because he is gay - while his book character is such a brave person who dies (I guess he won't recover) because he tries to help his family - and he dies because he fights. Here you just see him once this season - complaining about the imprisonment, because he is as all men: WEAK - and then he is back to die uselessly.

DORNE - I really hoped we would never visit that place again. Giving those idiots and Varys the "fire and blood plot" of Doran is APPALLING.

The CITADEL - I so wanted them to show Oldtown for ages -but after seeing what they did to everything and everyone else I didn't want that in the show anymore. The library lookd nice - but how could the Maesters be that uninformed? I thought this is a place of knowledge, education and information? Stunning really.

The KellyC.storyline: she is useless, her plot is somewhat useless as well - is she going to be a just ruler or only another mad queen ? D&D don't seem to know either - and the whole fleet / everyone aboard story is ridiculous. I bet they took the women along too - the commuting thing though could be an alternative ;o)

2 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

And the mountain, I mean ser Gregor, I mean Robert Strong, he is on the small council as the Lord Commander of the Kings Guard! Question?? Would they shave even started the trials whilst the Kings was still absent!?? Maybe it's just another plot hole to be waved away

I guess they would not have started without the king - he is still ruling the 7 kingdoms, right? But - who cares!?!:D Sorry, I forgot to mention the Mountain zombie, Gregor Strong-Clegane....but he will only be a "silent partner" in the council anyhow. They will be a funny little group - "the Cersei bunch".

Altogether I enjoyed this episode more than most this season, but that is due to things finally happening (with ridiculously screwed timelines, but ok) and of course, the awesome Lady Mormont.

I gotta admit, this episode triggered lots of feels:

1) Marg. & Co. plus the Faith blowing up in one strike did actually shock me, just because I didn't expect Marg to go down like this

2) Tommen jumping I had considered, seeing it was rather anticlimacting (no shot of his face and feelings? dissappointing) --> Cersei no reaction whatsoever to the death of her last child. That sucked.

3) The torture of the last Septa - Jeez, that made me really sick. HOW CAN THEY LOOSE PRECIOUS SCREENTIME ON SUCH BS???

4) Arya. Oh please... Not even 30 seconds on how she landed in Westeros? This show is SO FREAKING HASTENED RIGHT NOW. The pace is ridiculous, cutting everything short makes it so CHEAP

5) Now what? LF is gonna try to kill Jon? Or he will sway Sansa to kill Jon later on? Gosh. I hate this Sandra character right now. The Starks were supposed to be STARKS for crying out loud. 

6) Lady Mormont. No complaints here. Best character of this season. :)

7) Mel is off to join who? 

8) Dany and Tyrion. Touching. Feeling for Tyrion, hating Dandy. 

9) Good ol' Failsnakes. They don't deserve to even talk to the likes of Olenna.

10) Varys. ARE U KIDDING ME???

Well, we had like 18 months of plot in 20 minutes of this episode so whatever. I did not expect anythin, actually, I was waiting for it all to be finally over, seriously. I am happy they gave us ToJ, LM, Davos (the real one). Gosh. 

I am NOT waiting for next season. I don't care, there is no anticipation, no longing for it. George, just give us the damn book!

Archived