[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

8 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

I hate Tyrion with the passion of a 1000 suns

Yay Cynics Rulz

You are not alone - I didn't think this episode sucked as much as some previous ones. Sure, the timing was totally illogical but I'm just accepting that now :D But Tyrion - fuck he was annoying, 'You're in the big game now' or some shit. I think Dany has been playing a bigger game than him for quite a while.

Hope Dhario kills Tyrion for his broken heart next year :)

8 hours ago, Rhaegar the Monstrous said:

Varys has learned Littlefingers teleportation abilities from the looks of it. 

Gotta say though my fellow critiquers-- I actually liked this episode :/

It's not LF teleportation ability it's Sand Snakes ones, which is as coherent as the show may be, considering he was in Dorne. :)

In a cut scene Obara teached him the secret SS "'Naval Teleportation" spell, Varys used to materialize in the middle of Dany fleet (despite ignoring that fleet was even on its way).

2 hours ago, storm.131 said:

PS  I just watched the "making of" video.  It's funny how the writers think they conveyed tension between Jon and Sansa.  Like you, I thought the scene meant they had resolved any issues and were fine again.

^^ I must agree with this. Even tho Sansa leaves me confused half the time whose side she is on, I couldn't see that on screen. First she tells Jon, no I don't want the master bedroom or whatever it is called, u are a Stark too me, u deserve it. Then she smiles at the King in the North an suspiciously glances at LF.... And all of a sudden I am supposed to see that she is jelous?? I can understand they want drama and conflict or whatever.... But what is the point ff sake? Aren't the Starks supposed to be different than Lannisters? A lone wolf dies but the pack survives? And what is the point of those little yt videos if they just say those kind of thing but show something different/the audience doesn't see/understand?

15 minutes ago, Señor de la Tormenta said:

What is exactly Cersei queen of ?

Daenerys has Dorne, the whole Reach, unsullied, greyjoys best ships, dothraki, sellswords and dragons. Is this supposed to be thrilling?

I think the armies appear out of nowhere now and are just attached to named characters. So if you kill a named character his/her armies just vanish. Otherwise Cersei just burned her whole power base. Killing a leader while leaving his armies intact is a shitty move like in first season when Ned was killed. Red wedding made sense since they also ambushed an killed the army, not just a couple leaders. But in this season torching leaders and septons is apparently a good move. 

Overall I think that was probably the best episode of the season, although that isn't really saying much. There was still some really bad stuff though.

Cersei blowing shit up was pretty fun and I mostly liked it and I was actually positively surprised by some of the deaths involved there. But the lead up to it was too long and too drawn out. And that's not even counting the fact that the whole Kings Landing arc has been awful all season.

Arya killing Walder should have been good, but it wasn't, it was awful.

Tyrion as the Hand was laughable, since he was awful at ruling Meeren.

Littlefinger seems to have taught Varys how to teleport, how nice of him.

And I cant fucking believe that the gave Doran's speech to Ellaria fucking Sand! Fuck D&D for that. Stop trying to make Dorne happen, it's not going to happen. Fucking Bullshit.

And could they not at least have given us a glimpse of Gendry rowing with the fleet there at the end?

Wanted to do my usual rant list, cursing Benjen for leaving with the horse, leaving Meera to have to drag Bran’s ass trough the snow again, with no sledge in sight, or Faularia using a damn bell to summon Varys as he’s some kind of low level servant, then him proceeding to steal Doran’s speech, then the pies…why not let the man enjoy them first, then do him in, etc. Grrr. But then I saw the Inside the Episode bits, and my mind was blown.

The actress playing Sansa ‘but in the songs…’ Stark saying that ‘but Jon is sooo naaive’ was too much. Book Jon is probably rolling in his non-grave. Why? Just…why?????

Before I forget the little things that make wonder for a longer period now:

- Cersei's hair was cut off in S05E10 - since S06E01 she seems to wear the same weird soccer mom haircut wig (which somehow is more orange than blonde or golden) - her hair doesn't grow back at all? Or has she decided, the soccer mom look / weird pixie cut is the new right style for her and she has her short hair trimmed regularly? Whatever happened to "...and hair grows back!" ???

Because that awful orangey with that new fugly crown ?!?! Bitch please.....

- Sam&Gilly, which by accident I refered to as "Jim&Sally" - and I will stick to that in the future: why didn't Randyll Tarly chase them? He knew they plan to go to Oldtown, they must have been walking or using some kind of coach/carriage - so outrunning them on horseback should have been really easy. But I guess that Valyrian sword isn't all that important after all - and Randyll is ok with his most despised son running away with it. Who cares.

- In S05E07 Littlefinger promised to help Olenna, told her he has knowledge Cersei is completely unaware of and said he would give Olenna a gift... "...the same kind I gave Cersei: a handsome young man..:"

This subject was never addressed again - we still don't know how Baelish helped/or wanted to help Olenna and who or what that handsome young man is. I thought  "Olyvar" - so he could take back his testimony against Loras (by the way - where was Olyvar ever since then?) or maybe Lancel (as he shagged the queen and helped her getting rid of Robert). Others suggested Rickon,Gendry or even Jon Snow - none of which would have made any sense too me....but that doesn't matter anymore anyway.

But still? WHO IS THE HANDSOME YOUNG MAN? How does it/he help Olenna?....because whoever it is,the whole gift-idea did not seem to be a big improvement for Olenna's family situation since she has lost EVERYTHING by now!

- AND WHERE THE HELL IS GENDRY? I was guessing he would pop up somewhere defying all kinds of logic and completely out of the blue :

Maybe already being in Braavos, coming to Meereen offering KellyC. his entire fleet (consisting of one rowing boat), meeting up with Brienne&Pod while they are hiding and staring pointlessly at Winterfell, somehow ending up in the Riverlands/Vale being a captive of Baelish  or helping Bran&Meera as D&D's version of Coldhands, travelling with the also long time gone Brotherhood with Banners....or finally, maybe meeting Arya in Braavos at the end of S06 - just in time to save her from the Whaif and rowing her back to Westeros.....but no....still no sign and no mention of him. Did he get stuck/vanished in the Bermudatriangle of the Narrow Sea?

29 minutes ago, ummester said:

You are not alone - I didn't think this episode sucked as much as some previous ones. Sure, the timing was totally illogical but I'm just accepting that now :D But Tyrion - fuck he was annoying, 'You're in the big game now' or some shit. I think Dany has been playing a bigger game than him for quite a while.

Hope Dhario kills Tyrion for his broken heart next year :)

It seems Tyrion is now the wise Obi-Wan Kenobi teaching the young Daenerys Skywalker.

29 minutes ago, Lord Freypie said:

In a cut scene Obara teached him the secret SS "'Naval Teleportation" spell, Varys used to materialize in the middle of Dany fleet (despite ignoring that fleet was even on its way).

Did I see Tyrell and Martell ships in Dany's fleet? For a second I thought I did. That may explain things...

1 minute ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

It seems Tyrion is now the wise Obi-Wan Kenobi teaching the young Daenerys Skywalker.

But she had a better one - Barristan.

Tyrion just didn't earn it - like when he was prattling on about slavery sucking and Missendai goes 'how long were you a slave for again?' Dany should be saying something similar, not sticking a badge on him, she should be going, 'exactly what makes you such a good adviser again'?

I get with book Tyrion, GRRM is dragging him through the mud so that he comes out stronger, with a deep humility and understanding of himself, so that he can be an Obi Wan type figure. Show Tyrion just never earned it - it shits me big time.

1 minute ago, Risto said:

Did I see Tyrell and Martell ships in Dany's fleet? For a second I thought I did. That may explain things...

Yes, there are really Tyrell and Martell ships in the fleet. That's why Varys is there. When we see the armada, they are actually already close to Westeros. (Several months of time-jump, maybe even a year)

1 minute ago, rayarts said:

Yes, there are really Tyrell and Martell ships in the fleet. That's why Varys is there. When we see the armada, they are actually already close to Westeros. (Several months of time-jump, maybe even a year)

I thought so. Thanks.

Another inexplicable time jump? Gee... Is there anyone there following some timeline logic at all?

12 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Before I forget the little things that make wonder for a longer period now:

- Cersei's hair was cut off in S05E10 - since S06E01 she seems to wear the same weird soccer mom haircut wig (which somehow is more orange than blonde or golden) - her hair doesn't grow back at all? Or has she decided, the soccer mom look / weird pixie cut is the new right style for her and she has her short hair trimmed regularly? Whatever happened to "...and hair grows back!" ???

Because that awful orangey with that new fugly crown ?!?! Bitch please.....

- Sam&Gilly, which by accident I refered to as "Jim&Sally" - and I will stick to that in the future: why didn't Randyll Tarly chase them? He knew they plan to go to Oldtown, they must have been walking or using some kind of coach/carriage - so outrunning them on horseback should have been really easy. But I guess that Valyrian sword isn't all that important after all - and Randyll is ok with his most despised son running away with it. Who cares.

- In S05E07 Littlefinger promised to help Olenna, told her he has knowledge Cersei is completely unaware of and said he would give Olenna a gift... "...the same kind I gave Cersei: a handsome young man..:"

This subject was never addressed again - we still don't know how Baelish helped/or wanted to help Olenna and who or what that handsome young man is. I thought  "Olyvar" - so he could take back his testimony against Loras (by the way - where was Olyvar ever since then?). Others suggested Rickon,Gendry or even Jon Snow - none of which would have made any sense too me....but that doesn't matter anymore anyway.

But still? WHO IS THE HANDSOME YOUNG MAN? How does it/he help Olenna?....because whoever it is,the whole gift-idea did not seem to be a big improvement for Olenna's family situation since she has lost EVERYTHING by now!

- AND WHERE THE HELL IS GENDRY? I was guessing he would pop up somewhere defying all kinds of logic and completely out of the blue :

Maybe already being in Braavos, coming to Meereen offering KellyC. his entire fleet (consisting of one rowing boat), meeting up with Brienne&Pod while they are hiding and staring pointlessly at Winterfell, somehow ending up in the Riverlands/Vale being a captive of Baelish  or helping Bran&Meera as D&D's version of Coldhands, travelling with the also long time gone Brotherhood with Banners....or finally, maybe meeting Arya in Braavos at the end of S06 - just in time to save her from the Whaif and rowing her back to Westeros.....but no....still no sign and no mention of him. Did he get stuck/vanished in the Bermudatriangle of the Narrow Sea?

1. Cersei's haircut - actually, I think it's really important because it shows why people get confused by their own timeline.  Showing her hair longer would be a way to indicate the passage of time.  Instead - her hair doesn't grow and she's wearing the same dress that she wore when her son killed himself - it's hardly surprising viewers think no time has passed.

I think the handsome young man was Lancel (although it wasn't a well executed plot point, as he was already a sparrow, so :dunno:)

2 minutes ago, WinterCloak said:

WHERE. WAS. GHOST?!! 

We had so much CGI this episode, why couldn't we have had Ghost for a brief moment when Jon was hailed 'the White Wolf' King in the North?!

We should have had Ghost, no question, sitting next to Jon when he was declared KitN.  One piece of symbolism to go with "the White Wolf" - but noooooo, no budget for direwolves.:bs:

This was just terrible. All the talk in the other threads how great the episode was is downright bizarre.

The resolution of this season's KL plotline was not only idiotic, but showed how it was an epic waste of time it was throughout the whole season. The same thing could have happened in Episode 1 of this season and absolutely nothing would have changed in terms of plot or characterization. And Lancel trying desperately to reach the candle in time was one of the dumbest scenes in the whole show so far.

Why the hell did Tommen kill himself? WTF was this?

Why would anyone support Cersei after all this? She has no army, not even any retainers apart of UnGregor, she just committed the greatest blasphemy ever, all the powerful families in the realm want her dead...

The idea that all the lords gathered at WF will listen to and follow the speech of a 10 year old kid from a minor house is downright preposterous.

That scene between Dany and Daario was atrocious. Bad writing and even worse acting. They looked like two strangers who couldn't care less about their break-up. And Tyrion as hand makes no freaking sense for now. He has done nothing to prove himself to Dany. And why does Dany expect Daario not to screw up everything in Meereen? The guy couldn't care less about the city.

Sam is a total dumbass. What does he expects to happen once his father comes looking for him in the obvious place?

Well, at least the High Sparrow, the most boring character in this show, died, so it wasn't a total loss.

Also Sansa saying "Only a fool would trust Littlefinger!" was pretty hilarious.

39 minutes ago, rayarts said:

2) Tommen jumping I had considered, seeing it was rather anticlimacting (no shot of his face and feelings? dissappointing) --> Cersei no reaction whatsoever to the death of her last child. That sucked.

4) Arya. Oh please... Not even 30 seconds on how she landed in Westeros? This show is SO FREAKING HASTENED RIGHT NOW. The pace is ridiculous, cutting everything short makes it so CHEAP

7) Mel is off to join who? 

True - all of it.

2) Though I hated teenage-show-Tommen, I was sad that he was so mournful after realizing what his mother had done and losing Margaery that he saw no other way than to kill himself. I was not surprised that Cersei didn't mourn at all - it is as if she was planning to kill him off anyway, so she could be Queen (of the Ashes). The show keeps on insisting Carol loves her children above all - but she doesn't seem to care all that much about Myrcella's and Tommen's death(just a bit of moping, otherwise being pretty indifferent) -  because of the prophecy that was given to her when she was 12!

"Well, my children were all supposed to die before me anyway - there was nothing to be done about it anyhow  - we can't fight a prophecy....that's the rule.It just had to happen."  I always guessed a loving mother would fight for her children - trying to not make a prophecy like that come true.

4) Arya apparently went from Braavos (probably still a bit weak from 3-4 lethal stabbing wounds) to Westeros - all the way up to the Twins in no time, with no help or problems on her way - she somehow caries emergency faces around to disguise herself (or did she kill a poor girl in the Riverlands for a new face?)and then she killer 2 Freys, carved them, chopped them up into a tiny pie in the Frey's own kitchen - and nobody noticed THAT?!?!?! By the way - the changing of the faces looked like she was pulling off a rubbery Halloween mask....I am not sure that's how that faceless man thing works....

7) Melisandre would be much more useful in the fight against The Others - I guess- but banishing her instead of killing her for good as punishment or using her skills in the fight against the dead seems a much better option to the Winterfell collective. I suppose she will now meet Thoros & the remains of the Brotherhood, clash with the ever judging and moping Brienne, be killed by Arya (who added "the red woman" to her list in GoT) - or AT LAST FINDING GENDRY again...to finally continue their little cuddle from season 3

Besides - I love the " Game OFFSCREEN Thrones" creation. Just as I like "Larry and Carol Lannister" (aka Larrol) or "Jim & Sally" ;o)

Archived