[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

1 hour ago, teemo said:

We have to stomach Game of Thrones stuff EVERYWHERE.  We have to stomach most of our friends and family being in love with the show and just smile and nod so we don't look like assholes.  If we criticize it anywhere on social media, particularly a place like Reddit, you will be completely torn apart.  You like to go through your news feed on Facebook?  Well, get ready to see GoT everywhere!  Facebook today even politely asked me if I would like to make my status update about the Game of Thrones finale.  How sweet!

Ugh.  This is literally the only place for people like us and others still try to come in here and argue with us and harass us, when 99% of the internet agrees with them.

Wish I could thumbs up or something, I just don't get the need these fake fans have of converting us.

That was a whole bunch of fuckery.

Why did the Vale just kinda settle down when Jon said 'bad things on the way bro'.  Like he doesn't even give the story of Hardhome, just bad stuff coming and the Vale just falls right in line.  His line to Glover also made me throw up in my mouth, because Glover did in fact need to be forgiven for breaking his vassal oath in a pretty big fucking way.

Lyanna Mormont knocks shit out of the park though, and almost made me believe.

And not to start a debate, but Sansa's claim to QitN is pretty weak to begin with.  Robb was KitN by acclamation, the Boltons deposed the Starks in the North and the Stark vassals pretty much gave them up.  Them re-acclaiming Jon as KitN as part of their re-affirmation to House Stark isn't all that ludicrous as the Kingdom of the North was in dissolution though why exactly they are doing this beyond the fact that Lil'Mormont is the bomb I have no idea.

Also why is Manderly being played by Proximo from Gladiator?

55 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

I'm more convinced than ever E + A = J.  There is just no way GRRM lets his name anywhere near to this season.  He asked D&D 1 question, then elaborately set them up to fail so he could pull the ultimate troll.  A dream of spring has been done for months, he just had to wait for the last 2 seasons of the show for the sake of his joke.  

I think at the very least that Martin could easily change the parentage of Jon without too much trouble. A little clever restructuring of the narrative would be needed, but ultimately if Dany wants her dragons to be ridden by Jon and Tyrion then that's what they'll do. Lannister and Stark or not. I'd love it Martin pulled a fast one and did the Ned + Ashara, or possibly Brandon + Ashara, though I can't remember if that timeframe quite works.

Sam seemed high in his one scene, and that library looked stupid, like someone just wanted a cool shoot instead of any logic. 

Teleporting? You bet. It wasn't 10,000 knights across the North, just one Varys, but huh???!?!? Apparently he has the long range personal teleporter. And it was so unnecessary. It was actually just for a cool "Dany and her lieutenants shot". 

Cersei. Just ugh. It was like "well, Ramsey is dead. Time for a new evil person. Let's dress Cersei in black! Have her torture people! Claim the throne for herself!" At this point, she has Dorne and High-garden engaged in helping a massive army invade, the Stormlands and Westerlands tentatively loyal (she just obviously killed everyone and in GRRM's books would be blamed for killing the king), Riverlands divided and wartorn, North and Vale hating her... If she doesn't go down hard and quick she will have assumed Ramsey's role as Mary Sue villiain.

Walder Frey. Yeah, he's dead. Thanks for all the buildup. There was a scene with him alone with a servant girl, I was just like "Gee, wonder who that is." 

At this point, there actually aren't enough characters left. I know about 5 people in Kingslanding. What made other seasons great was all the conflicting interests and ambiguous morals. If one character went down, someone else was chomping at the bit. Apparently now kingslanding is a bunch of nervous extras. Now, its set up for an epic "good vs. evil" 

2 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

I think at the very least that Martin could easily change the parentage of Jon without too much trouble. A little clever restructuring of the narrative would be needed, but ultimately if Dany wants her dragons to be ridden by Jon and Tyrion then that's what they'll do. Lannister and Stark or not. I'd love it Martin pulled a fast one and did the Ned + Ashara, or possibly Brandon + Ashara, though I can't remember if that timeframe quite works.

i've been hoping for ned + wylla = jon

2 hours ago, mafro987daboss said:

I'd actually prefer that to the Targaryan love fest the show will obviously become next season.

Now I still believe Lady Sandra Lannister-Bolton-Stark will continue to try to become Queen of Winterfell, of the North and of Westeros - and therefore she will steal Ghost from  Jon (in case he ever shows up again), send someone up north to make sure Bran is really dead (and not a competition to become the Stark heir) and after marrying Littlefinger, Adolf and Eva Baelish will try to gain  world domination together.

TO THIS I'd like ADD SOMETHING my friend has just suggested: Since Daenerys KellyC. Unburnt Whatsover is coming over to Westeros and we might have to suffer through the "Targaryen love fest":wub: - maybe Jon and Dany will marry to form an alliance and such (or maybe because they find true love at last) and THEN Sansa and Peter aka Pinky & the Brain will just do "the Red Wedding Reloaded" and kill everyone who isn't on their side:blink:

And the end game- for world domination - will be between Adolf & Eva Baelish and Carol&Larry Lannister (aka Larrol).:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, The Wolves said:

And how the fuck does Cersei crown herself and people just accept that bullshit? 

:lmao::lmao:it's the new way of Westeros, she claimed to have killed Tommen, offscreen of course, and as is the new custom, kill the King, become the King! (Or queen)

This is bad, really bad. This is who-will-die-this-week at its zenith.

1. One can say Cersei is mad, but why are other people in the Seven Kingdoms mad too. Is that contagious? If the direct blood line to the throne has died off, the next in line would be a male distance relative. No one would support a Lannister to the throne, let alone a female Lannister. This can be easily figured out by playing some Crusader Kings 2

2. Like many have said, there is no strategy nor power play whatsoever behind Sansa withhold info. They just handwaved this gapping hole. And Littlefinger has little to say? He does not use his role to gain some advantage? Wow, so OOC.

3. With Dorne and Tyrell, it's all about GIRLPOWER now! Once Dany's has taken the throne, perhaps she will institute parliamentary democracy? Form United Nation with Essos? The United States of Seven Kingdoms and Meereen?

4. Yes, Jon you just keep telling people the big bad wolf is coming! Can you describe the big bad wolf? Call witnesses? Prep. them at the very least

That's something I wondered about Cersei being crowned--is she crowning herself as Robert's wife? Wouldn't the next job be to seek the next closest living, male heir to Robert? Not a Lannister? Or is she just seizing the throne because the rules of the show are whoever kills the king is the king? But the show kind of pretends lines of succession matter, right? So if the Lannisters seized the Iron Throne, wouldn't Jaime be the King (whether he wanted it or not?) because he's not a Kingsguard anymore? 

None of that shit made sense. But then again, Ellaria is ruling Dorne.

I watched this season because my SO asked me to watch it with her.  I think she finally realized how fucking stupid this show is because after the last scene she said she is bummed she wasted 10 Sunday evenings on this.  Then I reminded her that I wasted several years talking about the books on some random forum, even after it became clear the books would never be finished.

Everything bad about this episode has already been said.  The Citadel not knowing anything.  Teleportation.  Everything with Dorne and KL. 

Two of the worst things about this episode had to do with Bran and Sansa.  

First, Bran is being sent across the wall despite knowing that this will enable the Night's King and his dead army to cross.  Like, wtf?  

Second is how Sansa and Jon have this meaningful conversation that she's in charge and they have to trust one another, this is after Sansa tells Jon she wants a voice.  But then all of that is immediately forgotten and Jon speaks without consulting her whatsoever.  Fuck that noise.  

23 minutes ago, TywinBestCharacter said:

Sam seemed high in his one scene, and that library looked stupid, like someone just wanted a cool shoot instead of any logic. 

Teleporting? You bet. It wasn't 10,000 knights across the North, just one Varys, but huh???!?!? Apparently he has the long range personal teleporter. And it was so unnecessary. It was actually just for a cool "Dany and her lieutenants shot". 

Cersei. Just ugh. It was like "well, Ramsey is dead. Time for a new evil person. Let's dress Cersei in black! Have her torture people! Claim the throne for herself!" At this point, she has Dorne and High-garden engaged in helping a massive army invade, the Stormlands and Westerlands tentatively loyal (she just obviously killed everyone and in GRRM's books would be blamed for killing the king), Riverlands divided and wartorn, North and Vale hating her... If she doesn't go down hard and quick she will have assumed Ramsey's role as Mary Sue villiain.

Walder Frey. Yeah, he's dead. Thanks for all the buildup. There was a scene with him alone with a servant girl, I was just like "Gee, wonder who that is." 

At this point, there actually aren't enough characters left. I know about 5 people in Kingslanding. What made other seasons great was all the conflicting interests and ambiguous morals. If one character went down, someone else was chomping at the bit. Apparently now kingslanding is a bunch of nervous extras. Now, its set up for an epic "good vs. evil" 

Yeah the red wedding was huge and the most shocking thing to m from the books...we needed more time with the Freys and such....it just seemed so simple for a girl to do that stupid face changing thing and kill Walder as well as what...only the 2 other freys involved? Walder has like how many sons? 

I wanted a massacre. Somehow.

Arya can basically easily just kill anyone now. Some things GRRM came up with I dont really like much. The glamouring, the face stealing with arya, the resurrections, that kind of stuff...

3 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Second is how Sansa and Jon have this meaningful conversation that she's in charge and they have to trust one another, this is after Sansa tells Jon she wants a voice.  But then all of that is immediately forgotten and Jon speaks without consulting her whatsoever.  Fuck that noise.  

Exactly, they really made a mistake taking her out of the Vale when they did. The inconsistencies are horrible. I really couldn't enjoy this episode due to the whole Sansa/Jon problem. Distrust/trust/distrust. Who would put up with that in real life? 

My main criticism with this episode and really the whole season is that it's become too fan service-y. The show stood out because it was morally grey and nuanced. Now it's been reduced to a paint by numbers fantasy action tv series. Jon the bastard is the secret son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. Fine, but they are literally turning him into some kind of messiah figure, like neo from the matrix. He's proclaimed king in the north for no understandable reason. And to be honest the north itself is a very confusing place with motivations and loyalties that shift from episode to episode. It was good to finally see a mereen resolution of sorts and an end to the high sparrow plot line. its pretty obvious the show doesn't think more than a scene at a time, there is no internal logic to its storytelling or sense of continuity.

Ridiculous amounts of teleportation aside, I didn't hate this episode. After Episode 8, which I think is by far the worst episode in GOT history, I figured that I could never find any joy in watching this crap again. Everything was so predictable and the corny Arya T-1000 chase scene led me to believe that all was lost. But guess what? The first 10 minutes to me were beautiful. The score was impeccable. The costumes amazing. I was tense the entire time wondering what was about to go down. I thought for sure that this season would be Cersei's swan song and I was pleasantly surprised to be surprised. Tommen's plunge was perfect.

That said, wow there was a lot of nonsensical crap. The people of KL just accept Cersei as their queen despite the fact she just obliterated their beloved faith and Queen Margery? How is she maintaining her power? Why kill the Tyrells, the family that is essentially keeping the Lannisters afloat? Where the hell did Arya get that face? 

I'm also a little miffed that half of this season was spent going absolutely nowhere so they could shove it all in to the last two episodes. There is almost a certain level of disrespect to the audience when you force them to eat cold bland oatmeal for weeks knowing that there is a warm juicy steak just sitting in the oven. It feels almost intentional, like D+D know that they can feed us a pile of crap all season as longs as eps 8 and 9 are "Gasp!" worthy.

RIP Benjen - You deserved a better story arc

RIP Blackfish - You deserved a better story arc

RIP Wun Wun - You deserved some f**king armor, and weapons, lol

The show has passed the books at this point. Why do they need to go back and pluck things out, haphazardly shoe-horning them in. I was over that there was not going to be Fire and Blood, North Remembers, and Frey Pies. It just doesn't make sense. It was either a poor attempt at fan service, or they still need the books as a crutch.

I suppose Arya got some quick ninjutsu training from the FM to make quick work of all those Freys. 

Those white Ravens, were they leaving from Hightower? And I spat out my drink when the maester at the Citadel suddenly said "NO WOMEN OR CHILDREN", felt like it came from some disembodied voice.

-So, how did Cersei explain Tommen's death? And why does no one care that she's a kinslayer? 

-If the Septon was such a beloved popular figure, shouldn't the people care that he and the Sparrows were blown sky high?

-So, if Sansa's ok with Jon being KITN over her, couldn't she at least have gotten a line in supporting him?

-The Dornish plot is still stupid.

-Varys stole Littlefinger's teleporter.

Any of the decent moments came from stick the books in a blender and serving the results.

Archived