[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion - one last time ;o)

1 hour ago, Nami said:

Honestly the northerners house wanting to see Jon be KiTN makes no sense because well, first of all, he's a bastard, second of all he didn't do anything spectacular at all to deserve that. The battle of bastards showed how he can't lead an army

so really, what's motivating them?

They're all super impressed by his man-bun. 

I used to like this show, up until the end of season 3. How did D&D let it get so bad?  I don't even try to explain how it "really" happens anymore to my non book reader family because of how f'd this show is.

Best thing about this episode is that the season is over and hopefully the next book will be out before another garbage season comes.

anyone think that D$D will get enough feedback on how shitty of a job that they may invest in writers for dialog next season (not that I care, I ain't watching it anymore)

I have to agree with what others have said, I am most pissed about the Manderly arc. 

1 minute ago, The hand that holds Dawn said:

I used to like this show, up until the end of season 3. How did D&D let it get so bad?  I don't even try to explain how it "really" happens anymore to my non book reader family because of how f'd this show is.

Best thing about this episode is that the season is over and hopefully the next book will be out before another garbage season comes.

anyone think that D$D will get enough feedback on how shitty of a job that they may invest in writers for dialog next season (not that I care, I ain't watching it anymore)

I have to agree with what others have said, I am most pissed about the Manderly arc. 

I totally agree.

As for D&D, I doubt it. People *love* this show. They probably focus on their admirers and not their critics.

5 minutes ago, Stark_Contrast said:

Jon has his own way of doing things. I take it that his motivation for letting Melisandre live was that she could be of use in the war against the white walkers. But why then OUTLAW her in the north and force her to ride south?

I think you assume Jon was motivated by practical concerns. He was punishing her with exile because she saved his life and his house but still killed a little girl.

9 minutes ago, Stark_Contrast said:

"You said Baelish sold you to the Boltons. Do you trust him?"

"Only a fool would trust Littlefinger!"

"So yes then..."

I am guessing the problem comes from how they moved her from the Vale to Winterfell. Unfortunately, this move messed up Sansa's entire arc, and the show has to explain what is going on. 

I had such bad expectations on the toJ I actually really liked - maybe it was the lack of Bran expositioning. No blue flowers - idiots but we had Lya and Ned talking! The leaks where much worse. 

However... 

How does Lyanna know about the fact Robert would kill Jon? Did she know about the sack of KL? How would she know that?

16 minutes ago, rhythmicsheep said:

I remember in the books how Dany knows exactly what Daario is, and why he can never rule beside her yadayadayada.

BUT WHY MAKE HER PERCEPTIVE ON THE SHOW AMIRITE? SHE'S A BADASS. GOT NO TIME FOR PERCEIVIN'

I cannot articulate how much I agree with this. I have to deal with all my friends from college talking about how badass this episode/season was in a while, smiling and nodding so I'm not an asshole. :)

This is the most true thing I've ever read. Way too many people are blinded by the shows popularity and have basically become white walker zombies who will eat up anything D&D give them.

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

I had such bad expectations on the toJ I actually really liked - maybe it was the lack of Bran expositioning. No blue flowers - idiots but we had Lya and Ned talking! The leaks where much worse. 

However... 

How does Lyanna know about the fact Robert would kill Jon? Did she know about the sack of KL? How would she know that?

Maybe she knew what happened or maybe she knew how he was and the way he was going to react

2 hours ago, SerMixalot said:

King of the North

I feel nothing but disgust

Well I miss Robb.

Oh man, they were going hard for awards or something with that opening and its music, I think. To me, it came off like Children of the Corn. Really bad horror movie with music that distracted from what was on screen. The D's are literally screaming from off camera "look, we're REALLY AWESOME AT THIS!!!"

And Jon's banishing of Mel was about the weakest act of leadership I've ever witnessed. Kill her or keep her on, but don't just say, "I don't know, go away so I don't have to decide."

2 hours ago, Rhaegar the Monstrous said:

Varys has learned Littlefingers teleportation abilities from the looks of it. 

Gotta say though my fellow critiquers-- I actually liked this episode :/

Oh, I thought he was a hologram. Maybe it was just the bad green screen behind them.

1 minute ago, Stark_Contrast said:

As for northerners choosing Jon over Sandra: although he's a bastard (and completely incompetent to that, which D&D has unintentionally shown us) she is Mrs Lannister - Bolton. Maybe the lords see that as a bigger problem?

Well, when "Arya" in the books gets forcibly married to Ramsay, the North wants her to be rescued. No one thinks the Stark kids deserve a Lannister or Bolton husband, if anything it makes them more sympathetic to them, imo.

2 minutes ago, Song of Zombies v. Dragons said:

This is the most true thing I've ever read. Way too many people are blinded by the shows popularity and have basically become white walker zombies who will eat up anything D&D give them.

Welp, at this point I can only hope for a loyal reboot of the TV show once all the books are out and we're old af. Like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was released as a reboot once the whole manga was out.

2 hours ago, Rhaegar the Monstrous said:

Varys has learned Littlefingers teleportation abilities from the looks of it. 

Gotta say though my fellow critiquers-- I actually liked this episode :/

I'm surprised to say that I actually enjoyed this episode as well, despite the stupid things in it. Like Arya being a psychopath, or Cersei getting the crown ... and the Sand Snakes still existing. And Tyrion talking down to Dany and generally being perfect. And Pycelle getting the Kevan treatment even though in this context, it made no sense.

For some reason, all those things still couldn't make me hate the episode. I still enjoyed pretty much every second of it. Besides the things I mentioned.

Archived