Discussing Sansa XXVI: The End of Many Debates...

Mladen

3 minutes ago, Risto said:

As he said, he wants Iron Throne, and he can't get that without support of the North, which he wanted to have through Sansa, but Jon took right under his nose. I believe that Sansa is aware of this and will be the one on the watch for Baelish's actions. 

what if Sansa will side with LF?

6 minutes ago, Chib said:

Then they will usurp the north and kill Jon with the Vale's army, she will die with LF trying to get the iron throne when they will face Daenerys the stormborn, LF lost the tyrells as allies, only Cersei is with him now, and cersei is not mentally stable for now :D

4 minutes ago, Chib said:

To remind you, she rejected him. It would be idiotic writing for her to change her mind knowing full well what kind of man LF is. 

52 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

she was only after her revenge and she got it, I don't think that she wants anything else

Did you see her face when Jon was proclaimed the King in the North?

Sansa gave Winterfell´s throne to Jon to rob it from LF. LF will acknowledge her as a player, boost her confidence, let her believe she´s using him somehow, use the alliance with the North for as long as it befits him against the other two queens, put her against Jon, get him killed, make her Queen, and get himself killed.

4 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

And arya

we saw for two seasons a girl struggling between becoming a cold assassin and stay human and a stark, and when finally she didn't want to be a killer now D&D are saying that we must be worry about Arya because she's a cold smilling killer, so what is the purpose of the Braavos plot!!!

Actually that makes sense, FM are professional assassins, they are not supposed to hold grudges and most importantly enjoy killings. Arya didn't want to become FM not because she didn't want to be a killer, she didn't want to let go of her identity as Arya Stark and her kill list, she just didn't want to be a killer-for-hire who kills random people who have done nothing wrong to her or her family and perhaps are very nice people who are innocent (ex. Lady Crane). Arya is perfectly OK with killing for revenge and killing people she thinks deserve it.

The purpose of Braavos plot was to make her competent killer not a untrained little girl who has done OK so far only because of luck and a bit of bravado.

As for Sansa, I think DnD are just doing it to stir up a bit of conflict in the North, while we wait for WW to finally make their move, Bran reunite with Jon/Sansa and as south goes crazy. But I think its just trolling on their part, LF might lose his life or escape south to manipulate Cersei then attempt to do with Dany, but "conflict" between Sansa and Jon will be resolved within few eps, perhaps 4 max (considering next season is only 7). Season 8 is going to be pure WW clash

2 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Did you see her face when Jon was proclaimed the King in the North?

You mean the smile that dissipated when she saw LF and realized he can be danger for Jon? 

2 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Btw, with Sansa shunned, North is the only ( OK, next to the Vale) region on the whole map which doesn't have a female boss.

IDK, Sansa was shunned. She was more than OK with Jon taking the leadership role. She even said that before the KitN scene.

Last week someone said to me in a discussion here that Sansa was one of D&D's favorites. I said it wasn't true. But after this episode, I take it back. I really don't know if they wrote her whole arc this season in such an ambiguous way on purpose of it was just a mistake that they didn't realize. But I was really looking forward to Sansa finally starting to play the game, to be a real player, not just a sidekick, at best. It really seemed that Sansa was ready to compete with Jon over the throne and that she would do this with fire and blood. Instead, it turned out in this episode that she keeps to be the good little girl that means no one (but Ramsay) a harm. Don't get me wrong, she might continue to be a good little girl in the books as well, but to me, this was probably the biggest let down for me the whole season. :(

The only thing I can see Sansa do next season is forcing herself to be Jon's #1 advisor. She wants him to depend on her and value her, thats what all the jealousy is about in the end. She will not betray him, only increase her own influence through possible nefarious ways.

When Winterfell learns about Jon's True parentage all will change however.

20 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Last week someone said to me in a discussion here that Sansa was one of D&D's favorites. I said it wasn't true. But after this episode, I take it back. I really don't know if they wrote her whole arc this season in such an ambiguous way on purpose of it was just a mistake that they didn't realize. But I was really looking forward to Sansa finally starting to play the game, to be a real player, not just a sidekick, at best. It really seemed that Sansa was ready to compete with Jon over the throne and that she would do this with fire and blood. Instead, it turned out in this episode that she keeps to be the good little girl that means no one (but Ramsay) a harm. Don't get me wrong, she might continue to be a good little girl in the books as well, but to me, this was probably the biggest let down for me the whole season. :(

In weeks prior to this episode, we have discussed this in great length. The problem with your POV was that Sansa never actually vocalized any of those ambitions. It was about her home, safety, vengeance. But somewhere along, the writers started sending mixed signals about this, making many people question what is happening there. It was interesting to see this conclusion. But as we spoke earlier, Schrodinger is nothing compared to Benioff and Weiss.

41 minutes ago, Risto said:

You mean the smile that dissipated when she saw LF and realized he can be danger for Jon? 

IDK, Sansa was shunned. She was more than OK with Jon taking the leadership role. She even said that before the KitN scene.

Well, I guess we are interpreting it differently.

Sansa/Jon scene ended with the agreement she is the Lady. In the hall scene she was smiling until they started proclaiming Jon the King, and after her smile faded, she only gave a fake one to Jon when he explicitely looked at her. It might have been that she was worried about him, but it might have been that she felt betrayed.

13 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Sansa/Jon scene ended with the agreement she is the Lady. In the hall scene she was smiling until they started proclaiming Jon the King, and after her smile faded, she only gave a fake one to Jon when he explicitely looked at her. It might have been that she was worried about him, but it might have been that she felt betrayed.

Northerners choose him. She should be mad at them but this wil make it more interesting. Jon would never undermine her or do anything against her. He's too good for this, backstabbing...but Sansa is a player. Not saying she'll stab him or so but it will be very interesting.

As they said we'll see feud, rivalry or clash between them and it won't be pretty. LF will doubt seed in her head but I don't think she will fully trust LF. It's possible that Sansa will get rid of them both and be Queen but then we have Bran and his knowledge of Jon's parentage and he's lawful heir to Winterfell. Besides if I remember their conversation. Sansa said Jon is a Stark to her and that he should their parents room. Also walkers are coming so who knows how it will be in the North in the next season.

11 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Actually, you can see her smiling before, during and after him being proclaimed the King in the North. Her smile faded when she noticed LF. The way camera looked at her face and she looked directly at camera when her smile dissipated means that she noticed something worrisome and in the next shot is LF looking at her. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs4XR4fbY8U

1. At 2:02 you see Sansa smiling at Lyanna's proclamation of loyalty to KING in the North named Stark.

2. At 3:57 everyone starts yelling "King in the North"

3. At 4:16 Jon stands up, turns to Sansa, and she smiles at him.

4. At 4:28 we see her still smiling, having content expression on her face.

5. At 4:29, her eyes move and she sees something/someone

6. At 4:31 LF is shown looking at her.

7. At 4:35, her smile disappears and she looks at LF worried.

4 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Northerners choose him. She should be mad at them but this wil make it more interesting. Jon would never undermine her or do anything against her. He's too good for this, backstabbing...but Sansa is a player. Not saying she'll stab him or so but it will be very interesting.

As they said we'll see feud, rivalry or clash between them and it won't be pretty. LF will doubt seed in her head but I don't think she will fully tru¨st LF. It's possible that Sansa will get rid of them both and be Queen but then we have Bran and his knowledge of Jon's parentage and he's lawful heir to Winterfell. Besides if I remember their conversation. Sansa said he's Stark to her and that he should their parents room. Also walkers are coming so who knows how it will be in the North in the next season.

I really think there's just been such a failure with Sansa's character and portrayal this season...it is just so ambiguous and unclear what she wants and where her character stands.  Maybe the showrunners are going for that...maybe Sophie Turner is failing in her acting, I don't know.  I will say that I 100% read jealousy from Sansa in that final scene with Jon being declared KitN, but when I relayed that to friends they said "no way...it was more of an F you to Littlefinger and she's siding with Jon all the way."  I really just don't know what they were going for with her all season.  

Also, we still never got an explanation for why she held back that the Knights of the Vale might possibly be coming to help Jon.  It was mentioned, but no explanation.  I guess she couldn't say "D & D wanted to create extra drama and recreate the scene from Lord of the Rings Two Towers with Gandalf so they had me do this."

8 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

As they said we'll see feud, rivalry or clash between them and it won't be pretty. LF will doubt seed in her head but I don't think she will fully trust LF. It's possible that Sansa will get rid of them both and be Queen but then we have Bran and his knowledge of Jon's parentage and he's lawful heir to Winterfell. Besides if I remember their conversation. Sansa said he's Stark to her and that he should their parents room. Also walkers are coming so who knows how it will be in the North in the next season.

I don't know if you were talking about Jon or Bran in the bolded line. If you meant that Bran is the lawful heir, you are right. If you meant Jon, no. Bran is the heir, then Sansa is. Then Arya is. And then Jon. In case L+R were married.

The fact people are still arguing Sansa is against Jon is starting to really tire me out.

Some of the posters have been arguing for Sansa since like, before GoT even became a thing. I've been lurking here since 12 and believe me, this isn't even the worst phase of the Sansa hate-train -_-

I am having an issue with the writers this season, and its the fact that Sansa doesn't speak like any lines in front of an audience. Despite the fact I REALLY liked this season and this episode in particular, it still bothered me in the KiTN scene. Like Sansa should make known Jon isn't Ned's only offspring in the room- she needs to have more agency.

4 minutes ago, Risto said:

Actually, you can see her smiling before, during and after him being proclaimed the King in the North. Her smile faded when she noticed LF. The way camera looked at her face and she looked directly at camera when her smile dissipated means that she noticed something worrisome and in the next shot is LF looking at her. 

Agreed. Hopefully next season we'll have her putting a stop to LF's planning and mayhaps even saving Jon's life. God can't wait to see the lady slaying a giant prophecy come true.

3 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Could be that Sansa is Lady of Winterfell and Jon King in the North. Like he will rule but let Winterfell for Sansa? Is it even possible?

I unironically expected Jon to name her QiTN/heir/hand/some combination of that. So its possible.

Archived