Am I The Only One Around Here Who....

siyxx

That's a popular opinion. But I've heard that on re-reads all of Dorne improves. Subtlety apparently is well woven into that whole storyline.

ETA: damn you, Rhaegar. It wasn't enough to take Lyanna. Now you must take over our game! LOL I've started a Fun with Casting thread where we can move that bit.

AITOOAHW suddenly has the idea of doing cartoon casting, starting with Eeyore as Dolorous Edd?

I'm sure you're not. But historically wroth has been used as a noun. "A knight is sworn to valor...his wroth undoes the wicked..."

Rhaenys B, you've never seen/read Winnie The Pooh stories?  Aw, that's sad. Eeyore is the donkey whose tail is always falling off. He's very pessimistic, but in a kind of lovable way, and his voice is very...um...well it's sad and low and slow is the best way I can think of to describe it. But he's really cute too, unlike Edd.

AITOOAHW would actually enjoy attending a GoT themed wedding where The Rains of Castamere starts playing and half the guests freak out while the other half wonder what's going on?

No. Haha actually that's quite brilliant! I would definitely crash that wedding. 

Am I the only one around here who's more than OK with HBO decide to film season 7 (and 8 ) without waiting for GRRM to finish the last 2 books anymore? 

11 minutes ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

@Lady Blizzardborn I'd laugh my ass off at that wedding :P 

Siyxx, I don't think you're alone there.

AITOOAH who keeps comparing other books they're reading to ASOIAF ?

Ahhaaha, no. I recently started a new (to me) series that was reccomended by a good friend and before I committed I asked him all sorts of questions like how to read the book. Will I need lots of post-it notes? Is there an appendix with the characters organized, or will I have to take notes myself? etc, etc.

AITOOAH who thinks naming your child Tywin in real life will cause problems later? (apparently people have started doing this)

No, you're not. Though it's usually only one or the other who gets that remark instead of both at the same time. In their defense though, the age group is hard to write. I know some devoted HP fans who spent part of the series wishing they could smack Harry because he was acting like a moody teenager. Jon, Dany, and Harry are all lucky they have special pets and interesting friends/enemies.

AITOOAHW thinks it doesn't really matter all that much whether or not Aegon is the real deal because I don't expect him to survive the series anyway?

No I see them to be perfect representation for the story as it's pretty grim and bloody. Unless I'm misinterpreting the grindhouse meaning. I might be.

Am I the only one around here who forgets their line? believes Margaery Tyrell is innocent of adultery charges Cersei placed on her in A Feast for Crows and that Grand Maester Pycell is a big ole poopie head?

No, you're not. There's at least one other...me!

@The Lone Rider, the point is in how the other characters react to and deal with Aegon, his actions, and his death. He's a catalyst. I think that's the right word. Need more sleep.

AITOOAHW saw Aegon coming from the first read of the scene in AGoT where Ned remembered baby Aegon's face being smashed beyond recognition?

7 hours ago, NanoScream said:

No I see them to be perfect representation for the story as it's pretty grim and bloody. Unless I'm misinterpreting the grindhouse meaning. I might be.

Am I the only one around here who forgets their line? believes Margaery Tyrell is innocent of adultery charges Cersei placed on her in A Feast for Crows and that Grand Maester Pycell is a big ole poopie head?

I thought pretty much everyone believed that?

@Lady Blizzardborn probably. Your perceptiveness about storytelling is amazing, I wish I had thought of that.

AITOOAH who was convinced Aegon was fake grom the start, before I even thought about  the Blackfyre angle?

Thank you, Annara. I'm a writer, so it helps to have some ability to notice stuff. :D

No, you're not the only one. I've seen quite a few posts that say the same.

AITOOAHW was disappointed that they didn't use CGI to make the dragon eggs as pretty on the show as they are in the books?

11 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Rhaenys B, you've never seen/read Winnie The Pooh stories?  Aw, that's sad. Eeyore is the donkey whose tail is always falling off. He's very pessimistic, but in a kind of lovable way, and his voice is very...um...well it's sad and low and slow is the best way I can think of to describe it. But he's really cute too, unlike Edd.

Oooooh, right. Of course. No, actually I haven't read/watched Winnie the Pooh properly. I am familiar with the story and the characters, per se, but for some reason I never watched an entire Pooh movie, let alone read the book. I had occasionally tuned in for a 20 minute cartoon episode when no other cartoon was on, but I was a wee babe so it obviously wasn't in English so I would have no idea that the donkey was is originally called Eeyore. This is embarrassing. 

I don't know. I think the dragon eggs looked pretty enough on the show without CGI and I also think movie industry generally uses way too much CGI, we don't need more. 

Am I the only one around here doesn't believe what Jaime said to Tyrion about Tysha when he helped him escape? Or the only one who is thoroughly happy that the Tysha business was cut from the show? 

Yes, you're the only one. Just kidding. There are probably others who agree. But I believe what Jaime said because he had no reason to lie and make Tyrion hate him at that point, and his redemption arc had begun so I think he was telling the truth. Also, the Tysha issue is the ONLY reason Tyrion went to confront his father, without that Tyrion never would have killed Tywin...he just would have left Westeros and not looked back.

Per the dragon eggs, they're supposed have colors swirling. Like...magic I guess. They just looked kind of flat to me without that. *shrug*

AITOOAHW wants to know more about Valyria? Like, a lot more?

29 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Yes, you're the only one. Just kidding. There are probably others who agree. But I believe what Jaime said because he had no reason to lie and make Tyrion hate him at that point, and his redemption arc had begun so I think he was telling the truth. Also, the Tysha issue is the ONLY reason Tyrion went to confront his father, without that Tyrion never would have killed Tywin...he just would have left Westeros and not looked back.

Per the dragon eggs, they're supposed have colors swirling. Like...magic I guess. They just looked kind of flat to me without that. *shrug*

AITOOAHW wants to know more about Valyria? Like, a lot more?

No. I want that, too. I'm sure many others do, too.

(And cutting the Tysha story was an abomination born of bad reasoning.)

AITOOAH who was convinced Tysha really loved Tyrion way before that reveal in ASOS? Tyrion's flashbacks when he is lying wounded in ACOK and the way Tysha talks and acts in them (and the contrast between that and how Shae talks to Tyrion) was what did it for me.

Archived