TTTNE CDLXVI - Return to Castle Spam-a-lot

King Tyrion I

49 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So the workshop was fun. We even had a discussion about GoT with a girl who has only seen 2 episodes up to now and needed clarification on some things.

And tomorrow I am moving.

H&M is actually the brand whose jeans I cannot put on. At least I could not when I tried, I have not tried in the last few years.

Yes, this is exactly what I wanted to say. ;)

I can imagine ... was it just you and sister or the parents in the same bedroom too?

Separate floors do sound ... old-fashioned. ;) I do not have a problem with the same floor having both genders, but separate bathrooms should be a must.

I guess? I never knew another one.

Hmmm ... yes. I guess I did not catch his surname? I honestly cannot remember.

That is a weird and detailed dream. Should I feel flattered or concerned that I was there? Did I look like my avatar or like a real person? :P

Good luck with moving! 

Whaaaa'? OMG dear god no, I couldn't even imagine such thing :o no, it was just sister and me and it was only 2 years but my god, it was a difficult two years. 

It's mostly to endure that they don't hook up with each other in the dorm rooms because that's pretty weird for room-mates who are not involved and generally a tad bit funny with 18-9 year old boys and 14-5 year old girls in the same dorm. (In case I didn't clarify, these are high school dorms, college ones have mixed floors here too)

:lol: I wouldn't be concerned, you weren't the most random person in that dream. Like why would I dream about my sister's kindergarten friend's mom and siblings? :dunno: btw no, not like your avatar, you didn't look like anything much, just a random girl with a pony tail. 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

The lack of pretty actresses? I don't get why someone would judge a TV show based on the looks of the actors to begin with, but even I consider GOT's female cast to be very good-looking. Between Daenerys, Sansa, Ygritte, Margaery and the myriad of prostitutes I don't think he has anything to complain about :P 

Tell that to the unarmed people of Alderaan!

It was only Daenerys he said he liked, but older Sansa might be his type too. And yeah, I agree that there's a huge range of choice of hot actors and actresses on GoT. 

24 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks. :)

Yes, but how many times is Anakin's last name mentioned in A Phantom Menace? By the time I saw A New Hope, I had already seen the whole pregnant Amidala plotline, so it was clear then. :P

So what you're saying is, everything proceeded as you had foreseen.

It's always the quiet ones, maybe Buck isn't as sweet and innocent as we thought.....

4 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Good luck with moving! 

Whaaaa'? OMG dear god no, I couldn't even imagine such thing :o no, it was just sister and me and it was only 2 years but my god, it was a difficult two years. 

It's mostly to endure that they don't hook up with each other in the dorm rooms because that's pretty weird for room-mates who are not involved and generally a tad bit funny with 18-9 year old boys and 14-5 year old girls in the same dorm. (In case I didn't clarify, these are high school dorms, college ones have mixed floors here too)

Thanks!
Oh, with us it was the four of us in one bedroom until I was 8 and the valonqar was 6. I do not think it was difficult for me, it was how it has always been for me and the way I was used to. But when we moved, I was glad and I thought it very fancy to have my own bedroom. :wub:

Oh, if those are high school dorms, then makes more sense. By the time people are 18 and go to university, they should know how to behave, but I imagine high schoolers can be stupid.

4 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

So what you're saying is, everything proceeded as you had foreseen.

It's always the quiet ones, maybe Buck isn't as sweet and innocent as we thought.....

I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. :dunno:

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Damn, I can't argue with logic like that.

Good idea, Sith slaughter and torture everyone equally, regardless of race or gender.

What an odd complaint to have. I mean, the unnecessary sex or the occassional awful dialogue, sure, but the production value has been great pretty much from the beginning, hasn't it?

Awesome dream :lol: I'll be waiting for the novelization.

Season one did look a bit low budget at times. I think most notable for that was the Tourney of the Hand. At least IMO 

On 29 September 2016 at 10:57 AM, Nazca Barsavi said:

You don't pull skinny jeans on, you jump into them :P

You can take my skinny jeans from my cold dead hands. Straights, flares, or, god forbid, mom jeans make my thighs seem so much thicker than they already are. I'd recommend trying some with a high stretch percentage (H&M has relatively cheap but decent skinnies, especially the shaping ones). They have to fit real snugly, like a second skin, so having to jump into them does not make them too small.

I love my skinny jeans. :wub: they are so comfortable. And yes H&M do really nice ones which are not too expensive. I have to admit though that Primark actually do very comfortable stretch-skinny jeans that are really comfortable and easily affordable. The problem I have with jeans is getting them over my feet. They always get stuck at the heel which leads to some embarrassing hoppin about trying to pull them up properly.

Congrats on the move tomorrow Buck! Hope everything goes well :grouphug: 

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Tarkin wasn't a Sith, also Maraery isn't around anymore, she had her own Alderaan moment:P.

The Death Star was your little project and Tarkin reported to you, don't avoid responsibility.

(Technically that should be in spoiler tags btw).

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, but how many times is Anakin's last name mentioned in A Phantom Menace? By the time I saw A New Hope, I had already seen the whole pregnant Amidala plotline, so it was clear then. :P

No idea. Not often enough, evidently :P 

43 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

It was only Daenerys he said he liked, but older Sansa might be his type too. And yeah, I agree that there's a huge range of choice of hot actors and actresses on GoT. 

It's almost harder to find bad-looking people than good-looking ones

34 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Season one did look a bit low budget at times. I think most notable for that was the Tourney of the Hand. At least IMO 

Yeah, the tourney and the lack of big battles showed that, but I didn't expect anything else from the first season of an already expensive show. And I don't recall any cheap-looking scenes after season 1, aside from the occassional background.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks!
Oh, with us it was the four of us in one bedroom until I was 8 and the valonqar was 6. I do not think it was difficult for me, it was how it has always been for me and the way I was used to. But when we moved, I was glad and I thought it very fancy to have my own bedroom. :wub:

Oh, if those are high school dorms, then makes more sense. By the time people are 18 and go to university, they should know how to behave, but I imagine high schoolers can be stupid.

Wow. I guess you don't really mind that at the age of 6-8, at 12 I couldn't have imagined sharing a room with my sister and parents too. And surely everybody was happy when you got your own rooms. I really loved decorating my room, I still have all the posters from that time. I had Anakin (Skywalker!) on a poster too :P 

very very stupid indeed. 

So how excited are you about tomorrow on a scale from 1 to 10? :D I hope everything goes smoothly and you'll check in with us from a cozy new room on Tuesday :) 

The suitcase is all packed and completely full, mostly with clothing (and bed linen and towels). And two smaller bags, one backpack mostly full of shoes and a shoulder bag mostly full of paperwork and stationery things. I managed to get most of everything I need in. At least I hope so. The laptop still needs to get in the laptop bag. I am guessing if I have forgotten something. I hope not.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Congrats on the move tomorrow Buck! Hope everything goes well :grouphug: 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

No idea. Not often enough, evidently :P

To be fair, I did fall asleep the first time I watched it. :blushing: I missed the

Spoiler

Amidala/Padme switch

point.

23 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Wow. I guess you don't really mind that at the age of 6-8, at 12 I couldn't have imagined sharing a room with my sister and parents too. And surely everybody was happy when you got your own rooms. I really loved decorating my room, I still have all the posters from that time. I had Anakin (Skywalker!) on a poster too :P

So how excited are you about tomorrow on a scale from 1 to 10? :D I hope everything goes smoothly and you'll check in with us from a cozy new room on Tuesday :) 

I only had posters of animals at some point. I do not have any left now. Speaking of posters ... did I mentionwhat a cool collection of posters the supernatural entity has? They are all over his walls.

Ummmm ... 15? :D

I am sure setting up Internet is one of the high priority tasks when moving into a new place, so it is entirely possible that I check in tomorrow already. But surely on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I love my skinny jeans. :wub: they are so comfortable. And yes H&M do really nice ones which are not too expensive. I have to admit though that Primark actually do very comfortable stretch-skinny jeans that are really comfortable and easily affordable. The problem I have with jeans is getting them over my feet. They always get stuck at the heel which leads to some embarrassing hoppin about trying to pull them up properly.

I feel you on the feet problem :lol: What's worse for me is getting them off again though, they always get stuck and I have to pull them off while turning them inside out. 

2 minutes ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

I feel you on the feet problem :lol: What's worse for me is getting them off again though, they always get stuck and I have to pull them off while turning them inside out. 

Oh yeah, thats a real issue too. Also if its hot and I sweat :lol: One time i was trying to hoyk my jeans up and hooked my fingers through the belt loop, heaved and tore the belt loop off :lol: 

I actually always wash jeans inside out anyway so sometimes its a blessing in disguise :D 

greetings Lords and ...Lords...as a navy vet i am accustomed to referring to women who out rank me as Sir...and junior officers are called mister by their ranking officers regardless of gender...and for enlisted the rate itself is gender neutral all Chiefs are Chiefs ....just saying :mellow:

...and i do not wear skinny jeans...but i am openminded

:smoking:

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The suitcase is all packed and completely full, mostly with clothing (and bed linen and towels). And two smaller bags, one backpack mostly full of shoes and a shoulder bag mostly full of paperwork and stationery things. I managed to get most of everything I need in. At least I hope so. The laptop still needs to get in the laptop bag. I am guessing if I have forgotten something. I hope not.

Thanks!

To be fair, I did fall asleep the first time I watched it. :blushing: I missed the

Reveal hidden contents

Amidala/Padme switch

point.

I only had posters of animals at some point. I do not have any left now. Speaking of posters ... did I mentionwhat a cool collection of posters the supernatural entity has? They are all over his walls.

Ummmm ... 15? :D

I am sure setting up Internet is one of the high priority tasks when moving into a new place, so it is entirely possible that I check in tomorrow already. But surely on Tuesday.

Wow, my sister carries more stuff for one week than you for 6(?) months. But that's to be expected of her. Good luck, I hope everything goes great! We are looking forward to an update :) 

I had animal ones too when I was really small, before sister was even born, I think. 

@rocksniffer  I kinda already  pictured you like Charles Bukowski, no surprise why I guess :lol: tsk-tsk. 

About skinny jeans, I like the ones that have a little zipper at the ankles makes it a lot easier to get them off, though they do look funky with ankle boots. I find it somewhat difficult to get any kind of trousers and jeans because I'm quite petite and something is usually not right. 

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh yeah, thats a real issue too. Also if its hot and I sweat :lol: One time i was trying to hoyk my jeans up and hooked my fingers through the belt loop, heaved and tore the belt loop off :lol: 

I actually always wash jeans inside out anyway so sometimes its a blessing in disguise :D 

Same thing happened to me once. I'm always annoyed that I have to turn them back to the right side when I put them on, of course I'm much too lazy to do it right away :lol:

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

About skinny jeans, I like the ones that have a little zipper at the ankles makes it a lot easier to get them off, though they do look funky with ankle boots. I find it somewhat difficult to get any kind of trousers and jeans because I'm quite petite and something is usually not right. 

Ankle zippers are just too much effort :D

Being tall, jeans/trousers shopping is a nightmare too. Most places don't carry anything with a 34" inseam and if they do, it's only with something like a 26" waist. <_< H&M's 32" inseams are juuust long enough though, bless them, but anywhere else that's too short.

36 minutes ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

Being tall, jeans/trousers shopping is a nightmare too. Most places don't carry anything with a 34" inseam and if they do, it's only with something like a 26" waist. <_< H&M's 32" inseams are juuust long enough though, bless them, but anywhere else that's too short.

The opposite happens to me more often than not. Some jeans are just two-three inches longer than my legs. But I struggle with the right waist fit more, so I often buy them anyways if the waist fits alright and have the end chopped off. 

1 hour ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

Same thing happened to me once. I'm always annoyed that I have to turn them back to the right side when I put them on, of course I'm much too lazy to do it right away :lol:

I hate trying to find clothes that fit. With jeans they are either too short but correct on the waist, or the right length and hanging off the waist. With tops I also find them too baggy if I get a top that is the right length for me. Damn my in-between size

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Hide contents

Amidala/Padme switch

point.

Then the movie can't really be blamed for any miscommunication ;) 

Hope the move is going well.

On 02/10/2016 at 7:34 PM, Buckwheat said:

It means I suspect you are also evil.....

23 hours ago, First of My Name said:

The Death Star was your little project and Tarkin reported to you, don't avoid responsibility.

I was told that it wasn't far away and was merely Californication :unsure:.

21 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings Lords and ...Lords...as a navy vet i am accustomed to referring to women who out rank me as Sir...and junior officers are called mister by their ranking officers regardless of gender...and for enlisted the rate itself is gender neutral all Chiefs are Chiefs ....just saying :mellow:

...and i do not wear skinny jeans...but i am openminded

:smoking:

See, Rocksniffer agrees with me First, that's good enough for the rest of us, you my King have failed!!.

57 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I was told that it wasn't far away and was merely Californication :unsure:.

See, Rocksniffer agrees with me First, that's good enough for the rest of us, you my King have failed!!.

I don't get what Californication has to do with this? :P 

Also wow I only just realized that it has fornication in it and that's why that show is called that. Way to go FOMN.

Rocksniffer can't be trusted! He's smelled too many rocks to ever be a reliable source!

Buck to Earth, Buck to Earth ... ahem. One, two, three? One, two, three?

Checking in from the New Buckkeep. For now, I love my room. I will see how I can sleep in it.

I see all the skinny girls complaining over jeans sizes? Oh my sweet summer children, what are us thick-thighed girls supposed to say? :P

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Wow, my sister carries more stuff for one week than you for 6(?) months. But that's to be expected of her. Good luck, I hope everything goes great! We are looking forward to an update :)

Well, my suitcase is reeeeaaaally giant.

For shorter trips, I am trying to train myself to not pack too much. This large suitcase is certainly not fit for one week travel.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Lil ole me? :blushing: How can you say such a thing?

12 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Also wow I only just realized that it has fornication in it and that's why that show is called that. Way to go FOMN.

:lol: Talk about missing the point!

(I never saw that show either, but I can guess things from the title. :P )

40 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Rocksniffer can't be trusted! He's smelled too many rocks to ever be a reliable source!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

She was referring to this.

Archived