Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

7 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

BTW are there any news on the filming in Croatia? I wonder how they want to do a KL storyline with so few character left in KL. We know have Cersei, Jaime, Qyburn and Bronn in KL, possibly also Euron. The show has always put an heavy focus on KL and the showrunners love Cersei, but are they gonna give her some storyline with so few characters left in KL? She has can only interact with three people, since Lena and Jerome Flynn probably wont do any scenes together. 

they won't film in Croatia this year. kingslanding will very likely be Caceres, just like last year was Girona.

I think Caceres as kL will be filmed Next month.

32 minutes ago, Cridefea said:

I totally agree. Jaime is one of my favs character, this is unrealistic.

Moreover why are they going to convince Cersei about WW, if they already defeated her army?

there is no reason to believe Jaime will have sex with Cersei after burning innocent people, like Margaery (who he saved) and their uncle.

9 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Really? So the point of all of Bran's magical training and Sansa's growth in cleverness will be ---> she is too dumb to figure out LF is playing her, so Bran has to tell her?

The show is it's own beast, but I'm glad atleast GRRM isn't writing a sexist, ableist piece of literature where Sansa, Arya and Bran have virtually zero to no role in the story ----> 90% Sansa is going to figure out LF's betrayal by herself and bring him down, Arya is most probably going to let go of her revenge tactics and take on a bigger leadership role while Bran is going to be instrumental in saving the world. In the show there is barely any point of the Stark kids besides Robb existing at all.

About Jon's leadership role in the books ---> It's going to be way more of a sensible and organic path which leads him to becoming leader of the North, (I think he'll become regent to Rickon, and plus we have Robb's will). Thankfully we won't have to read a story where "poor emo bastard becomes KitN because he's the only person "fit for the job", because you know, Sansa, Arya and Bran asked for their fates which rendered them unfit for it. :rolleyes:

Let's not sugarcoat this -  in the show, the only way a character is considered worthy is when he's "badass", which is why Sansa, Arya and Bran are sidelined (Arya is revengeful badass but not heroic badass) like Jon and Dany. The only thing they want is action and spectacle, which Kit Harington with his sword and battle prowess provides and Dany's storyline with her dragons provides, which grabs eyeballs. 

The idea that Sansa, Arya, Bran (or any of the other characters except Jon and Dany for that matter) exist only for stupid plots like taking down LF, revealing The Special Snowflake's parentage, killing Frey, jumping in the water (Theon) or becoming a Mary Sue (Tyrion) is ridiculous.

ETA: And yeah, please do not compare the nonsense situation in the show to the books. In the books the Northeners are so loyal to the Starks and the memory of Robb and Ned, that they are fighting for fArya, they have Robb's will with them, and Manderly has sent Davos to retrieve his 'liege lord Rickon'. The South may have thrown succession rules to the wind, but the North still follows them, very much. 

I think that Rickon ends up dead in the books like the show.  His story is a Shaggy Dog story.  Jon becomes King in the North in the books like he does in the show.  

As for the sucession rules, I think people are viewing these things as more set in stone than they are.  There is a relationship between the lords and the liege; the lords can decide to acclaim whoever they like as a king.  That is what Cat feared might happen and what essentially came to pass.  Power resides where men say it resides.  

Moreover, there are obligations between the liege and his vassals.  Robb harmed not only himself and his family.  He also got everyone else in his army killed.  The North Remembers might have a nice ring to it, but it strikes me as pretty fanciful.  The lords' skepticism about helping Jon and Sansa and their anger toward Robb seems more realistic.

8 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

I have been a defender of the show but can just say how disappointing this all sounds.  Really?  Wight hunting and allying with the evil queen?  And the Wall falls at the end of the season but part of Season 8 is going to be dedicated to figuring out who actually rules Westros.  Okay then.  

Wight hunt sounds strange because how are they gonna carry it to  the South. It should decomposed just like hand Thorne brought with him to King's Landing. Wights are also controlled by White Walkers and there is magic in the Wall. Evil queen right, I mean they can appeal on her will to survive... but Tyrion would be first guy to talk them out of it. Varys too ... because Cersei is mad and not trustworthy. Even leaks ... or that garbage is.stated it.

Just now, kg1982 said:

I think that Rickon ends up dead in the books like the show.  His story is a Shaggy Dog story.  Jon becomes King in the North in the books like he does in the show.  

As for the sucession rules, I think people are viewing these things as more set in stone than they are.  There is a relationship between the lords and the liege; the lords can decide to acclaim whoever they like as a king.  That is what Cat feared might happen and what essentially came to pass.  Power resides where men say it resides.  

Moreover, there are obligations between the liege and his vassals.  Robb harmed not only himself and his family.  He also got everyone else in his army killed.  The North Remembers might have a nice ring to it, but it strikes me as pretty fanciful.  The lords' skepticism about helping Jon and Sansa and their anger toward Robb seems more realistic.

True, but in more convincing fashion. Not ignoring Sansa and just don't care of that guy is a bastard but hey tthey are fine with kingslaying too as Euron killed Balon and admitted it. Robb's will is what will make Jon King in the books and that is something legitimate and nobody can doubt it. Their last King made Jon his heir.

47 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

True, but in more convincing fashion. Not ignoring Sansa and just don't care of that guy is a bastard but hey tthey are fine with kingslaying too as Euron killed Balon and admitted it. Robb's will is what will make Jon King in the books and that is something legitimate and nobody can doubt it. Their last King made Jon his heir.

Jon became KITN on the show because it was falsely assumed that he won the battle rather than falling into Ramsay's trap.  He was way too overwhelmed in that moment to correct anything.  It isn't shocking that the North would value Jon over Sansa given that it is a patriarchal military society and he is more of the North than she is.  

And Euron paid the iron price for his crown.  He killed the former king, who he pointed out was a bad king who led them into wars they could not win.  That probably goes over well with Viking raiders.  No?  

I think that we have to look at these things as more flexible.  This is not a Constitutional monarch with set legal documents.  It is an informal contract between liege and vassals.  The vassals can decide to support who they want to support. 

1 hour ago, the tower of albion said:

Why would Dany want Jon to give up his kingship when last season she told Yara she could be queen of the iron islands? As long as she recognises Dany claim to the iron throne.

Because Dany is power hungry and full of herself. Also, the rebellion that overthrew her family was led by the Baratheons, STARKS and Arryns, as well as the Tullys. The Greyjoys sat out until after the sack of Kings Landing and then and only then did they engage with ships against the Targs. Dany has a grudge against the Starks and not so much against the Greyjoys.

7 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The Greyjoys sat out until after the sack of Kings Landing and then and only then did they engage with ships against the Targs. Dany has a grudge against the Starks and not so much against the Greyjoys.

I don't recall if it was stated in the show as in the books. But in the books she hates all "usurper's dogs" without exception.

12 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think it's even worse than normally.

I also think some or lots of things must be invented.

What really bothers me about these spoilers is the lack of context. I find it SO difficult to fathom that Jaime, for instance, who's one of my favorite characters, would actually stay with Cersei, defending the Lannisters when she has used wildfire to kill a large portion of the Kings Landing population, including the Tyrells and innocent people at the Sept of Baelor. We know how the Mad King's desire to burn the city down with wildfire caused Jaime to take matters into his own hands and kill the king, thus forever tarnishing Jaime's reputation (even though he saved the KL population). Also, Cersei's actions led to the suicide of Tommen, her last surviving child with Jaime, a sweet, innocent boy/king. And Jaime stays with her--he accepts all that? Is he a chump? What was the point of his redemptive arc? No arguments with Cersei about her actions? 

Also some of these spoilers makes it seem like they're rushing the beats to the endgame, even if it makes no sense. Jon meets Dany in episode 3 or 4 and then has sex with her in the finale (episode 7). What? Does Dany seduce him the way Ygritte did? Oh but then everyone who encounters Dany falls madly in love with her so what am I saying. (Except for Varys--but then he's a eunuch so it doesn't matter). 

And Meera just leaves Bran? 

The lack of context can mean the lack of actual details, and simply basic outlines of the season. It's happened before with spoilers. With Arya's plot last season for example. The basic outline was spot on but the details were wrong.

2 hours ago, the tower of albion said:

Why would Dany want Jon to give up his kingship when last season she told Yara she could be queen of the iron islands? As long as she recognises Dany claim to the iron throne.

Because nobody gives a damn about the Iron Islands?  

An interesting descriptive line 'an island in the middle of a frozen lake' http://imgur.com/a/LgCvo#LqEoyqq

Well now, isn't that where Stannis may be heading in the Theon winds of winter chapter? If a huge amount of death and carnage happen there and then later in the book the wall is breached wouldn't  those dead then rise creating a pincer movement on northern forces. It's not like they can burn the dead when they can barely keep them selves warm?

Maybe D&D borrowing and re-tasking scenarios from the future book?

The leaker said they capture a wight, bring it to the dragonpit and Jon shows it can only be killed with dragonglass after The Mountain tries and fails to kill it. Excuse me, but that's a direct contradiction of an established plot point. Wights can be killed by simple fire or even not that as evidenced in Hardhome and Blood of My Blood.. It's White Walkers who can be killed by dragonglass/Valyrian Steel only as far as they know. So unless the leaker made it up, or simply screwed up the names (a wight instead of White Walker) which means he's prone to mistakes (he did contradict himself or got the names wrong on a number of occasions), then wth?

I don't believe the reasoning behind the mission, or at least think there's more to it. We're missing important details. But it's quite anticlimatic if they go to all that trouble and risk so much for a single wight which leads to no pay off anyway. Now imagine if they go to capture a White Walker. Now that would be raising the stakes. Or maybe they go to find Benjen and get answers from him.

45 minutes ago, Evarei said:

Now imagine if they go to capture a White Walker. Now that would be raising the stakes. Or maybe they go to find Benjen and get answers from him.

Can you bring a white walker over the threshold of the wall if it hasn't been breached at that point? Lord Mormont did send the hand of the undead to KL but it rotted away. (can't recall if that also happened in the show)

3 hours ago, HanginginWesteros said:

What really bothers me about these spoilers is the lack of context. I find it SO difficult to fathom that Jaime, for instance, who's one of my favorite characters, would actually stay with Cersei, defending the Lannisters when she has used wildfire to kill a large portion of the Kings Landing population, including the Tyrells and innocent people at the Sept of Baelor. We know how the Mad King's desire to burn the city down with wildfire caused Jaime to take matters into his own hands and kill the king, thus forever tarnishing Jaime's reputation (even though he saved the KL population). Also, Cersei's actions led to the suicide of Tommen, her last surviving child with Jaime, a sweet, innocent boy/king. And Jaime stays with her--he accepts all that? Is he a chump? What was the point of his redemptive arc? No arguments with Cersei about her actions? 

Also some of these spoilers makes it seem like they're rushing the beats to the endgame, even if it makes no sense. Jon meets Dany in episode 3 or 4 and then has sex with her in the finale (episode 7). What? Does Dany seduce him the way Ygritte did? Oh but then everyone who encounters Dany falls madly in love with her so what am I saying. (Except for Varys--but then he's a eunuch so it doesn't matter). 

And Meera just leaves Bran? 

Cersei and Jaime is just like a bad comedy. It's totally ridiculous. The leaker didn't know what to say. Jaime is the Kingslayer, he can't pardon his sister for what she has done, and even if I can't see him totally leaving her in the first epsodes, it's totally crazy to say he decides to make her a new baby. It's just hilarious. And not only the final look, in the final episode he decides he doesn't want to be like Walder Frey, and he plays the kingslayer in order not to kill the Tullys.

Cersei committed genocide, the same thing Aerys wanted to do, and he decided to kill him. Besides, he never really disliked the Tyrells as much as her, contrary to Cersei. And there was Kevan tehere too, his uncle! Not being super friends with him doesn't mean he likes that and, as gift, they start with sex again. And he didn't want Margaery to be humiliated! He can't approve Cersei burning her alive! Just NO!

And the reason for that....to save her from the prophecy? Tommen is dead because of what she did!

They know the prophecy is certain,  and another baby according to the prophecy will never be born....

There is only one way this could be certain.............if she rapes him, of course.

No, they are fake. Period.

55 minutes ago, the tower of albion said:

Can you bring a white walker over the threshold of the wall if it hasn't been breached at that point? Lord Mormont did send the hand of the undead to KL but it rotted away. (can't recall if that also happened in the show)

Neither wights nor White Walkers can pass The Wall but they're going by ship (they supposedly stop by Eastwatch-by-the-Sea where Tormund and the rest of Suicide Squad are), they can sail around it. But if they do bring, say, a wight through The Wall then what's the point of its existence? Unless the wights can cross and only WWs can't.

I'm really leaning towards the notion a lot of details from the leak were filled in, and only the storyboard/outline information is legit.

Archived