US elections: aiding an' Abedin

IheartIheartTesla

3 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I think it bears repeating that October surprises don't move the polls much. 

I don't know, the Trump tapes were a textbook October surprise, and they pretty much led to Cheetos Man tanking in the polls for two weeks or so.

One should not completely dismiss the potential effect the new media focus on Hilary will have, "wait and see" is the safe approach here.

I knew Trump's admission that he sexually assaults women wouldn't have a lasting effect. 

I finally had a chance to vote today.  I think I felt even more emotional than when I first voted for Obama.  It's so surreal and exciting to have cast a ballot for a woman.  I was practically skipping out of the polling station and had to really stop myself from telling everyone that #imwithher.

In retrospect, I think it was more the first debate that moved the polls than Trump tape. 

Also, its been pointed out before, but in 2012 at least, the race was a lot more stable than the public polls showed.

I suspect the same dynamic is occurring this time as well.

ETA: Gallup had their own problems in 2012, which is why they aren't tracking this time, and the other polls didn't necessarily have numbers quite as bad for Obama. But they all moved around a ton, especially during the debates.

BBC just reported Wikileaks releasing an email from Donna Brazile leaking a debate question about the Flint water crisis to Hilary during the Democratic primaries.

Demoralizing progressives seems to be the go-to strategy Assange is taking to harm Clinton's numbers.

3 minutes ago, Sullen said:

BBC just reported Wikileaks releasing an email from Donna Brazile leaking a debate question about the Flint water crisis to Hilary during the Democratic primaries.

Demoralizing progressives seems to be the go-to strategy Assange is taking to harm Clinton's numbers.

Assange is another Alt Right bigoted dipshit. The fact he chooses not to go after a sexual predator like Trump speaks volumes to me. They share a lot in common actually. 

8 minutes ago, Sullen said:

Didn't we already know about this?

Just now, Boris the Blade said:

Assange is another Alt Right bigoted dipshit. The fact he chooses not to go after a sexual predator like Trump speaks volumes to me. They share a lot in common actually. 

Assange is a dipshit, but alt-right doesn't apply to him.

From his written work, it's pretty clear that he's an anarchist, him going after Clinton is simply him going after the biggest fish around, any alliance of convenience he has with either Trump or Putin is a "enemy of my enemy" scenario.

Just now, Mexal said:

Didn't we already know about this?

We knew Brazile leaked questions during the Trump-Clinton debate, I believe this is the first time we have confirmation of the debate questions being fed to HRC during the primaries as well.

2 minutes ago, Sullen said:

We knew Brazile leaked questions during the Trump-Clinton debate, I believe this is the first time we have confirmation of the debate questions being fed to HRC during the primaries as well.

I don't think that's true. I think the leak was always from the democratic primaries and never from the Trump/Clinton debate. Can anyone else confirm?

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

I don't think that's true. I think the leak was always from the democratic primaries and never from the Trump/Clinton debate. Can anyone else confirm?

Looked it up.

First one was the Town-Hall debate, new one is against Sanders.

12 minutes ago, Sullen said:

Looked it up.

First one was the Town-Hall debate, new one is against Sanders.

They were both Democratic Primary debates.  The one release today was before the first one release which a Democratic townhall during the Primary.

This an article involving the first.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/leaked-email-then-cnner-donna-brazile-gave-clinton-camp-heads-up-on-cnn-town-hall-question/

6 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

They were both Democratic Primary debates.  The one release today was before the first one release which a Democratic townhall during the Primary.

Thank you for the correction.

In any case, any sort of goodwill the Clinton camp (well, the DNC in general) wanted to show towards the Sanderistas by sacking Debbie seems kind of moot now, considering they replaced her (even if temporarily) by someone that's apparently even worse.

Damn, thank god that Hillary received notice about a question about Flint. That's really an unexpected topic that must have really thrown her for a loop if she wasn't given the heads up (and didn't prepare at all...)

In all seriousness, leaking questions to only one side (presumably) does show a lack of integrity on Donna Brazile's part - however, it's really a nothing-burger.

Someone in the last thread pointed out that at a rally last night, Trump claimed that Clinton would let 650 million immigrants into the country IN THE FIRST WEEK of her presidency. Which is insane, but not why I'm bringing it up now.

I'm bringing it up because at a rally today, Trump now claimed that the FBI found 650 thousand emails from Clinton's server on Anthony Weiner's computer.

Trump lying is nothing new, but does anyone know why he has the number 650 stuck in his head?

9 minutes ago, Week said:

Damn, thank god that Hillary received notice about a question about Flint. That's really an unexpected topic that must have really thrown her for a loop if she wasn't given the heads up (and didn't prepare at all...)

In all seriousness, leaking questions to only one side (presumably) does show a lack of integrity on Donna Brazile's part - however, it's really a nothing-burger.

To be fair, Clinton was also given a description of the woman asking the question herself and her situation (she's been physically afflicted by the crisis), it's easier to prepare an answer that would generate an emotional response if you are not only aware of what the subject is going to be, but of who you going to address as well.

9 minutes ago, Fez said:

I'm bringing it up because at a rally today, Trump now claimed that the FBI found 650 thousand emails from Clinton's server on Anthony Weiner's computer.

Trump lying is nothing new, but does anyone know why he has the number 650 stuck in his head?

If I'm not mistaken, 650 000 emails is also the number reported by the media in general, I know it's the one the BBC is reporting at least.

Problem is that that number represents the total number of emails on Weiner's devices in general, and not necessarily the number of emails pertaining to the Clinton case. Considering how dumb Trump is, I have no trouble believing it's an honest mistake on his part here.

The immigrant comment is completely stupid though.

42 minutes ago, Sullen said:

Assange is a dipshit, but alt-right doesn't apply to him.

From his written work, it's pretty clear that he's an anarchist, him going after Clinton is simply him going after the biggest fish around, any alliance of convenience he has with either Trump or Putin is a "enemy of my enemy" scenario.

Alt right does apply when he sticks up for people like Milo and uses similar rhetoric to them. He's an anarchist yet goes after the person that isn't spouting off fascist policies. Assange is full of shit. 

Archived