TTTNE v.467 - Lets do the Spamsmoot again! [Spamsmoot 2017]

HexMachina

It is so cold. I just spent some time in the kitchen cleaning and had the heating on the whole time. How is it possible that it is still so cold in there? I feel that the cold is creeping up from the floor tiles into my feet and up my legs. No wonder my feet are always cold.

When/if I manage to be able to afford being a bit more choosy about where I live, remind me to look for a flat with wooden floor in the kitchen. Tiles suck.

I have never heard of wooden kitchen floor. Aren't kitchens tiled for practical reasons? Do you wear slippers or fluffy socks at home? But I get what you mean, I was so cold last night, I got home around 10 and the heating was off all day, it was freezing. Today I left it on in the morning. I'm hoping it will be nice and cosy when I get home. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

JQC is there anyone you would like to run with? 

Anyone, except from the very few people that are on my ignore list.

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

We should head hunt candidates for spam ruler positions. :leaving: 

Now that is interesting. IIRC in classical Athens the goverment was given to the ruler.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, there is no formal rule against it.

I would like to remind everybody that the vote count should ideally start around post 900 and must be finished by post 950 of this thread (so we can race without votes getting lost in the madness).

That means, yes, it is high time for any serious campaigns to start.

Ok I will start writting my keynote speech.

19 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I have never heard of wooden kitchen floor. Aren't kitchens tiled for practical reasons? Do you wear slippers or fluffy socks at home? But I get what you mean, I was so cold last night, I got home around 10 and the heating was off all day, it was freezing. Today I left it on in the morning. I'm hoping it will be nice and cosy when I get home. 

Really? At my parents' place, the whole flat has wooden floor, except the bathroom and toilet. The kitchen is in one room with living room - whole wooden floor, and also a carpet in the kitchen. I do not think wooden floor is any less practical than tiles in the kitchen, right the opposite, as I am feeling right now. I cannot imagine having a little child who crawls on the floor and sits everywhere on such a cold surface.

I have tights, socks and slippers on. And the heating has been on for quite some time. But it does not really help against that floor coldness.

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Really? At my parents' place, the whole flat has wooden floor, except the bathroom and toilet. The kitchen is in one room with living room - whole wooden floor, and also a carpet in the kitchen. I do not think wooden floor is any less practical than tiles in the kitchen, right the opposite, as I am feeling right now. I cannot imagine having a little child who crawls on the floor and sits everywhere on such a cold surface.

I have tights, socks and slippers on. And the heating has been on for quite some time. But it does not really help against that floor coldness.

Really? Your toilet isn't in your bathroom? Is it like a half bath? Or powder room?

8 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Really? Your toilet isn't in your bathroom? Is it like a half bath? Or powerder room?

There is a toilet in the bathroom, and there is one additional toilet (where is also a washing machine).

Here in Austria almost all flats I have seen have separate toilet from the bathroom, which I do find odd. Even the teeny tiny flat of the supernatural entity has a toilet and then a bathroom (washbasin, shower, washing machine). I would think that if somebody planning how to save some space would be to join these two rooms, but apparently separating toilet from the bathroom is the norm here. In Slovenia, it depends.

What is a powerder room?

5 minutes ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Really? Your toilet isn't in your bathroom? Is it like a half bath? Or powder room?

What kind of immoral,oppulent society do you live in when you have an entire room made for doing coke in?, shame on you grapefruit!.

There's a carpet in the kitchen? :eek:  How do you keep that clean? I can see how you keep a wooden floor clean, but a carpet? Isn't it a complete mess by the end of a cooking/baking process? 

I'm usually fine with fluffy socks and/or slippers. 

Bathrooms here: 

here the common practice is to have bathroom with a shower basin and/or bath tub, washing machine and a toilet. The next level is having enough space for this and one additional toilet (you don't necessarily want a guest to see your laundry and toiletries and towels in use, so it's great to have an additional separate toilet). The level above that is having two bathrooms and the guest toilet because - it is said - in the great lands of the west a middle class home has a bathroom for every bedroom. The absolute top level -known to me- is having as many bathrooms as bedrooms, a guest toilet and a laundry room (washing machines are loud and ugly, why ruin a pretty bathroom with them?).

11 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

It's common for you to have a washing machine in your bathroom RB?, here we usually have them in a utility room or washing machines are in the kitchen.

As I said, a utility/laundry room is the privilege of the great western lands (or the upper class). An average household here has the washing machine in the 4-6 square meter bathroom. I would say that washing machines in the kitchen are very very rare here but I would prefer that over washing machine in the bathroom any day. In any case, I'm still aiming for a flat with a laundry room. Because I'm just horrible and spoilt like that. 

17 hours ago, felice said:

You really really do. And not the recent Fox remake travesty, the real thing.

Yeah the reviews for that have been universally awful.

5 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I am.

I didn't knew that ab was running too.

I haven't started a formal campaign because I don't know if anyone wants to cooperate with me and I am not sure if it is right for one person to do it. In other words I want TTTNE to be the closest thing we have to a democracy and not an autocracy or an anarchy. 

Well, he's substituting for anarchy.

Given that we're already approaching the end of January, I'd start campaigning.

10 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

The absolute top level -known to me- is having as many bathrooms as bedrooms, a guest toilet and a laundry room (washing machines are loud and ugly, why ruin a pretty bathroom with them?).

Huh. Separate laundries (with washing machine, dryer, and big sink) are pretty standard over here, even if you've just got a single bathroom. Separate toilets are also fairly common, but a bit silly since you need to go into the bathroom anyway to wash your hands. A bathroom for every bedroom seems excessive - that's far too much to keep clean!

7 minutes ago, felice said:

Huh. Separate laundries (with washing machine, dryer, and big sink) are pretty standard over here, even if you've just got a single bathroom. Separate toilets are also fairly common, but a bit silly since you need to go into the bathroom anyway to wash your hands. A bathroom for every bedroom seems excessive - that's far too much to keep clean!

Dryers are close to unheard of here. And what's standard there is usually what we know was top level here, down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass iron curtain. Okay I'll stop being passive aggressive about the economic situation and living standard in my country, it's not like bitching is going to help it :lol: 

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

what's standard there is usually what we know was top level here, down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass iron curtain.

It's more about priorities (though economics are certainly a factor!) - here we'd usually have a laundry before we'd have a second bathroom or toilet. Level 2 on your list, rather than level 4.

28 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

As I said, a utility/laundry room is the privilege of the great western lands (or the upper class). An average household here has the washing machine in the 4-6 square meter bathroom. I would say that washing machines in the kitchen are very very rare here but I would prefer that over washing machine in the bathroom any day. In any case, I'm still aiming for a flat with a laundry room. Because I'm just horrible and spoilt like that. 

To me having a washing machine in the bathroom would feel weird, we have a utility/laundry room but a lot of places here have a washing machine in the kitchen, it's interesting how different countries like to put heir washing machines in different rooms.

Also Dryers are very important, ugh how long would everything take without a dryer:(

18 minutes ago, felice said:

The worst thing about it is how sanitised it is.

No magnificent gold speedos. Sad state of affairs indeed.

Its also...so small. Everything about the production looks small and dowdy compared to the original. The "grand hall" for the Time Warp sequence is teeny!

3 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

To me having a washing machine in the bathroom would feel weird, we have a utility/laundry room but a lot of places here have a washing machine in the kitchen, it's interesting how different countries like to put heir washing machines in different rooms.

Also Dryers are very important, ugh how long would everything take without a dryer:(.

Oh, so long. I have so much washing and it takes so long to dry that I have my clothes horse up more or less permanently now. Bedding is the worst to get dry. Would never put jeans in the dryer though.

There is a toilet in the bathroom, and there is one additional toilet (where is also a washing machine).

Here in Austria almost all flats I have seen have separate toilet from the bathroom, which I do find odd. Even the teeny tiny flat of the supernatural entity has a toilet and then a bathroom (washbasin, shower, washing machine). I would think that if somebody planning how to save some space would be to join these two rooms, but apparently separating toilet from the bathroom is the norm here. In Slovenia, it depends.

What is a powerder room?

Are you saying that your washer and dryer are in the half bathroom? Or are you calling a bidet a washing machine?

A powder room is like a wash room, you freshen up (wash hands, touch up the face paint) before you continue with your activities. Usually only has a vanity, place for hand towels, mirror, and a toilet. At least in my experience.

Okay, I see that was clarified as a washing machine, but I'm going back on my previous ideas. 

I saw the word dryer and thought of something I did...at some point, during a day and hour I can not remember. :bang:

Have any of you told a lie to get out of something, but end up forgetting the lie and why you told it? I tried to rationalize it as a 'harmless' untruth, because I didn't want to hurt the feelings of the person I lied to. Anyway, a person and I were supposed to hang out....? I think, but I said that my dryer was broken and the repairs would happen on a day I CAN NOT RECALL! I don't even remember what I was trying to get out of and I feel bad, because I don't usually resort to lying. Like...honestly I feel horrible, however I can't remember the person I said this to or how recently I said this. I feel like I should followup with someone. :owned:

Archived