U.S. Politics Inaguration Sensation: Be Prepared

Sivin

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

What party leads those States? Just being a Democratic city doesn't mean shit when the State makes all the laws. If I'm not mistaken, 4 out of 5 of those states have a Republican governor and Congress?

In relation to state laws, I see republican lawmakers in North Dakota have proposed a law that could turn roads into life size bowling alleys. I see no reason why this wouldn't pass, none whatsoever.

7 hours ago, Fez said:

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/314991-trump-team-prepares-dramatic-cuts

Staffers for the Trump transition team have been meeting with career staff at the White House ahead of Friday’s presidential inauguration to outline their plans for shrinking the federal bureaucracy, The Hill has learned.

The departments of Commerce and Energy would see major reductions in funding, with programs under their jurisdiction either being eliminated or transferred to other agencies. The departments of Transportation, Justice and State would see significant cuts and program eliminations.

The Corporation for Public Broadcasting would be privatized, while the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be eliminated entirely.

Overall, the blueprint being used by Trump’s team would reduce federal spending by $10.5 trillion over 10 years.

-skip-

The Heritage blueprint used as a basis for Trump’s proposed cuts calls for eliminating several programs that conservatives label corporate welfare programs: the Minority Business Development Agency, the Economic Development Administration, the International Trade Administration and the Manufacturing Extension Partnership. The total savings from cutting these four programs would amount to nearly $900 million in 2017.

At the Department of Justice, the blueprint calls for eliminating the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, Violence Against Women Grants and the Legal Services Corporation and for reducing funding for its Civil Rights and its Environment and Natural Resources divisions.

At the Department of Energy, it would roll back funding for nuclear physics and advanced scientific computing research to 2008 levels, eliminate the Office of Electricity, eliminate the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy and scrap the Office of Fossil Energy, which focuses on technologies to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.

Under the State Department’s jurisdiction, funding for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, the Paris Climate Change Agreement and the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change are candidates for elimination.

The parties aren't the same. Fuck off.

I don't want to hear both sides are the fucking same ever again! 

12 hours ago, Rippounet said:

Actually, you can. It would have been amusing, but it seems that this story about Perry just isn't true. As the article points out, Perry's reaction statement to his appointment was:

“As the former governor of the nation’s largest energy producing state, I know American energy is critical to our economy and our security. I look forward to engaging in a conversation about the development, stewardship and regulation of our energy resources, safeguarding our nuclear arsenal, and promoting an American energy policy that creates jobs and puts America first.”

More generally, there don't appear to be any sources whatsoever for the New York Times article. They should have stuck to Perry forgetting the DoE during the debate; as it is, this is just more fake news.

6 hours ago, Notone said:

Again, since the Donald is so big into conspiracy theories. Just lean back and wait for his tweets about the fake moon landing cheating the American tax payers out of their money. And the unbelievable finding about Area 56.

I wanna hear about Area 56 because the ct's about Area 51 are getting a bit tired.   :D

1 hour ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Trump is picking Jet's owner Woody Johnson for ambassador to U.K

http://www.politico.eu/article/new-york-jets-owner-picked-to-be-us-ambassador-to-uk/

This really goes against "The Best" Trump brags about. 

Sadly for Jets fans he will still be the owner.

Does he know that what we call 'soccer' in the States is what the UK call 'football'?  Would be sad if he got off on the wrong foot(ball) right away.

1 hour ago, Squab said:
5 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

I don't want to hear both sides are the fucking same ever again! 

This place is a nice bubble to stay in to protect ones self from such uncomfortable views. 

Fuck off! I say to diversity of opinions.

Bring on diversity of meaningless shit!

3 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I'm just curious which framed photo of the orange shit thing i'm supposed to put on my wall.  I know he hates the pictures with the bad angles but I can't ever tell the difference.  

I want the photo from tomorrow of him lying his ass off with his hand on the bible while the wind whirligigs his toupee hair all around.   Can't wait!

30 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Actually, you can. It would have been amusing, but it seems that this story about Perry just isn't true.

Ouch. That's really bad. First the Washington Post, now the New York Times. At a time when such papers should be very careful to be exemplary.

Edit: though, to be fair, "mischaracterization" can mean many things... But they still shouldn't have used McKenna's quote as a headline. Worst-case scenario, they might even have been tricked.

6 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

I wanna hear about Area 56 because the ct's about Area 51 are getting a bit tired.   :D

Area 51?  Loser.  Big loser.  Area 56... Were talking about so much more.  Five times more.  The best.  Well, five areas better.  I know aliens-GREAT-aliens, who think ...  Yeah, yeah, the BEST ALIENS.  They aren't talking about, or they aren't now, area 51.  56.  56, bigly.  I don't talk about losers.

18 minutes ago, Squab said:

In relation to state laws, I see republican lawmakers in North Dakota have proposed a law that could turn roads into life size bowling alleys. I see no reason why this wouldn't pass, none whatsoever.

Legalizing murder.  That's sound government right there.

:shocked:

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:
3 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

You know, I was just about to get on Amazon today to buy a pair of Ivanka Trump Storm Trooper Boots.

I don't want to be the only kid on the block without a pair.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Those boots and your Paul Revere outfit, oh yeah, pics required!

So all those regulations the R's cry about, they don't do anyone a bit of good at all!  Or do they?  They try to keep corps honest, it's a an ongoing struggle.  And The Orange Shit Thing and the R's want eliminate a bunch of regs and stack the deck in the corps favor.  If so, less of this could be seen;

Uber Agrees to Pay $20 Million to Settle FTC Charges That it Recruited Prospective Drivers with Exaggerated Earnings Claims

Costco to pay $11.75 mln over lax U.S. pharmacy controls

Western Union to Pay $586 Million Over Failure to Stop Fraud

Just now, Nasty LongRider said:

Those boots and your Paul Revere outfit, oh yeah, pics required!

LOL. :lol:

I was just thinking today, if I do get the boots, what should I wear them with? Should I wear them with the Trump Ubermensch Division outfit or with something else?

Thanks for the suggestion. Problem solved.

Standby for the pics.

17 minutes ago, Ordos said:

I am wearing my 2008 Obama campaign pin today. It's my last opportunity to celebrate all things Obama before Drumpf takes control.

I hear ya, I feel like this little girl already; I miss Barak Obama! 

Archived