NFL Superbowl: Dont Waste My Overtime

Jace, Extat

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Yeah things unfortunately went downhill quickly for him. Probably happens more than we know of too.

In other NFL related crime news, Revis Watch 2017 ended as he turned himself in earlier this evening. Even as a hometown guy, I'd still like to see him get what he deserves from the law, but it probably won't pan out that way. The local news was covering this like he had committed a double homicide instead of being in a fight on the streets of the South Side, which is a common occurrence down there on the weekends with all of the bar room heroes spilling out on the streets at 2 am. All of the conflicting stories should at least make this interesting for the weekend coverage until the inevitable reduction in charges occurs and he gets the Joey Porter treatment and slapped on the wrist. What those two guys who were following him around and filming him learned the hard way is, quite simply, you don't fuck with people from Aliquippa. :D

The guys Revis hit probably deserved it. I know we live in the world where that is unacceptable and wrong, but considering this happened in the SS around 3 am - guarantee they were asking for it. Hope they learned their lesson. 

10 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

The guys Revis hit probably deserved it. I know we live in the world where that is unacceptable and wrong, but considering this happened in the SS around 3 am - guarantee they were asking for it. Hope they learned their lesson. 

The one irrefutable law... nothing good happens after midnight. 

6 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Yep agreed. I hope there's some footage on this one. I'd like to see how it played out.

I've heard a few things about it that aren't on the news, but who knows whether any of it is true. Supposedly Revis wasn't drinking at all and was down there checking out a potential investment into a bar. Also heard he didn't throw a single punch, whoever he was with took care of the guys following him. Again, this is all second hand rumor so take it with a grain of salt. I'll wait for the video to come out.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

I've heard a few things about it that aren't on the news, but who knows whether any of it is true. Supposedly Revis wasn't drinking at all and was down there checking out a potential investment into a bar. Also heard he didn't throw a single punch, whoever he was with took care of the guys following him. Again, this is all second hand rumor so take it with a grain of salt. I'll wait for the video to come out.

The radio also said that Revis was in the area looking for property, but said that claim came from his lawyer I think. Didn't hear anything about who hit who. Why someone would pick 2:45 am as the time to look into potential property investment is beyond me. At the same time I highly doubt it was Revis instigating especially since it occurred in the SS. 

Well if Cruz is healthy, playing out of position did him no favors.  I'm hearing no buzz on him so teams are wary he's damaged goods.   Hopefully someone takes a flyer on him and he comes back strong.  Eagles could put road cones out there and they would be better  wideouts. 

55 minutes ago, generalzod said:

Well if Cruz is healthy, playing out of position did him no favors.  I'm hearing no buzz on him so teams are wary he's damaged goods.   Hopefully someone takes a flyer on him and he comes back strong.  Eagles could put road cones out there and they would be better  wideouts. 

I would hate to see him in the NFC east

7 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You listen here, Ted Mosby...

PQJ— I’m Rhom. In exactly 45 days from now you and I are going to meet and we’re going to troll the internet together and we’re going to hate Trent Richardson and we’re going to have Colts tickets and we’re going to love them and Andrew Luck so much. All that is 45 days away, but I’m here now I guess because… I want those extra 45 days trolling with you. I want each one of them. Look and if I can’t have them I’ll take the 45 seconds before your boyfriend shows up and punches me in the face, because… look I'm struggling to edit this quote some more, but you get the idea. You’ll see.

9 hours ago, Rhom said:

PQJ— I’m Rhom. In exactly 45 days from now you and I are going to meet and we’re going to troll the internet together and we’re going to hate Trent Richardson and we’re going to have Colts tickets and we’re going to love them and Andrew Luck so much. All that is 45 days away, but I’m here now I guess because… I want those extra 45 days trolling with you. I want each one of them. Look and if I can’t have them I’ll take the 45 seconds before your boyfriend shows up and punches me in the face, because… look I'm struggling to edit this quote some more, but you get the idea. You’ll see.

When you troll someone you just, you... you don't stop. Ever. Even when people roll their eyes or call you crazy. Even then. Especially then. 

A Jets beat writer, in a larger story about how much Darrelle Revis has swindled Woody Johnson, stated that the Jets' tampering with Revis two years ago was far more involved than Woody Johnson saying in an interview that he'd like the player to return to the team.

Johnson's words at that December press conference became the face of the tampering that ultimately prompted a $100,000 fine, but back-channel discussions with the Jets in February set the foundation for a Revis reunion.

Team officials in stealth mode communicated with Revis, Inc., through private cell phones and face-to-face covert meetings at the 2015 Scouting Combine rather than make calls from the team's landlines at their Florham Park facility. No paper trails were a must.

Johnson, the driving force behind bringing back Revis to right a wrong in his mind, endorsed all of it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/darrelle-revis-making-fool-woody-johnson-article-1.2977271?utm_content=buffer4261e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

Ultimately this amounted to nothing, as Revis was probably bound for the Jets anyway, since Johnson seems to be a gullible moron and just the kind of mark that Revis needed to maximize his final payday. But if Mehta is right about this, there should have been some goddamn draft picks changing hands. In a world where the NFL front office is not rife with hacks from the Jets organization, there probably would have been, or at least a real investigation and more than a slap on the wrist. But fuck the league office, fuck Woody Johnson, and fuck the Jets right into the ground, and may they never taste success or even mild pleasure again.

39 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

A Jets beat writer, in a larger story about how much Darrelle Revis has swindled Woody Johnson, stated that the Jets' tampering with Revis two years ago was far more involved than Woody Johnson saying in an interview that he'd like the player to return to the team.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/darrelle-revis-making-fool-woody-johnson-article-1.2977271?utm_content=buffer4261e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

Ultimately this amounted to nothing, as Revis was probably bound for the Jets anyway, since Johnson seems to be a gullible moron and just the kind of mark that Revis needed to maximize his final payday. But if Mehta is right about this, there should have been some goddamn draft picks changing hands. In a world where the NFL front office is not rife with hacks from the Jets organization, there probably would have been, or at least a real investigation and more than a slap on the wrist. But fuck the league office, fuck Woody Johnson, and fuck the Jets right into the ground, and may they never taste success or even mild pleasure again.

I'm by no means a Jet fan, and while I'm not sure what to think about Bowles, I do think their GM has done a fair job. Their biggest problem, besides ownership, is that their franchise QB isn't on their roster. they will continue to to struggle without a QB, just like every other team in the NFL.

3 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

CHEATERS WHO CHEATING CHEAT!!!! 

If anyone out there thinks the NFL is remotely consistent, exhibit A (and no, it's not the Pats). 

I almost forgot that the Seahawks got off from ignoring the injury report with Sherman. 

3 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Woody Johnson is an incompetent asshat. Film at eleven.

Archived