US Politics: Opening Pandora's Box

Fragile Bird

10 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

The opposite.  You should be very concerned about this - institutionally they are known to be exhaustive and tireless (and to make oodles of money).

OK,  

1 minute ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I expanded.  

I was just starting a thank you!

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Yes, Trump is bringing in Cerberus, though not for Labor Secretary but to do an exhaustive review of the Intelligence Community because they believe he's compromised.

Compromised? Or indoctrinated?

23 minutes ago, Notone said:

Question for legal procedures, can Trump dismiss Pence as VP?

Didn't see anyone answer, but no, he cannot.  Only Congress can remove the VP.  He could, of course, request his resignation, but he cannot force it. 

34 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That kind of plays into it, doesn't it? If they are indeed in bed with one another.

If one buys into the idea, yes. A pawn sacrifice to give Trump an opportunity to look strong and undermine some of the current thoughts re: Trump et the Russians. 

6 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Does it though? When in November, precisely?

A little bit of both actually - the provisional approval for the trademark came on November 14th and then the registering the award came in the timeline linked by Manhole (Feb 14).

Provisional Approval (90 day public notice period to follow) - https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-scores-legal-win-in-china-trademark-dispute-1479169494

Trademark Award - http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/china-awards-trump-valuable-trademark-45504953

This Trump press conference is nuts. "The leaks are real but the news is fake". What the fuck?

"There is no chaos, this is a fine tuned machine" as he fired his NSC, is inundated with leaks and had his Labor Secretary withdraw nomination.

He's standing up there spouting self-contradictary gibberish. That journalist who pointed out the logical fallacy in what Trump said got shot down pretty quick and then Trump went on about talk shows only recruiting "anti-Trump" people but it's okay because their ratings are shit.

This guy is a fucking moron.

52 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Didn't see anyone answer, but no, he cannot.  Only Congress can remove the VP.  He could, of course, request his resignation, but he cannot force it. 

Trump can also tell the RNC in 2020 that he wants a different person nominated for VP for that election, and I can't imagine them saying no.

In somewhat surprising news, the New Hampshire House has killed right-to-work legislation and banned any consideration of future bills trying to implement it for the duration of this legislature, so until 2019. Its surprising because Republicans have a 226-173-1 majority in the House there; but the vote was 200-177 to kill it; with 23 absenting (probably unable to attend because of the snow storm). So at least 27 Republicans there voted against right-to-work, even though the Republican governor had made it his number one priority.

“I would be your biggest fan in the world if you treated me right”

Did the President of the United States of America just say this? His aides need to get him some hot cocoa and a pacifier.

Alec Baldwin is at home shaking his head and saying, "Nope. Got nothing. Can't top this."

"We had Hillary Clinton give 20% of the uranium in our country. You know what uranium is, right? It's a thing called nuclear weapons and other things like lots of...things are done with uranium including some bad things."

Forget the President of the United States, this is an adult human being saying this? Ignore the fact it's bullshit, it's just bizarre behaviour.

ETA: "I can't believe I'm saying I'm a politician, but I guess that's what I am now."

"Nuclear holocaust would be like no other."

Archived