Football: No Title Ideas

Consigliere

3 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Early days but seems like Lukaku and Morata going where they did was best for both clubs.

I've always agreed with that. Back when Chelsea were linked with Lukaku and Man United with Morata I hoped it would work out the other way around. Not because I don't like Lukaku, but because I think style-wise, he wouldn't have suited us. I don't believe either would have scored as many as they have if they were playing for the opposite teams.

3 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

What a finish to that game. Awesome one to watch. Bakayoko is quite the player

I was unsure about him before we signed him as my lasting memory of him playing was a terrible performance against Juve in the CL semis last season, but he has proven me wrong so far. Quite often tonight it was Bakayoko holding while Kante flew forwards.

28 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

Pretty embarrassing again from Ancelotti tonight. Bayern still playing like they've got Neuer and Boateng in their side.

Have all these years of being able to pinch the best players off of their German rivals and winning the league without even shifting from second gear finally made them soft when it comes to playing heavy weight European sides?

19 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

Have all these years of being able to pinch the best players off of their German rivals and winning the league without even shifting from second gear finally made them soft when it comes to playing heavy weight European sides?

Dortmund are far more ruthless cannibalisers of their rivals these days than Bayern. It is just age and Ancelotti being very a poor fit for this squad. Now one of the several teams looking up at Real, Barca and increasingly PSG and with the wrong manager for the task at hand.

Great result for Chelsea. Was watching the game on my phone when I could and seemed like we were always attacking. Fitting that Morata and Michy scored (Diego's replacements). Stupid card by Luiz. Don't understand why he's even trying to grab jersey in the box. I'll recant my Michy criticisms for now as that was a sweet ending. Made all the sweeter by Costa's reaction in the booth. Pure face in palm moment. 

Well, I thought he would be gone at the end of the season, with Bayern having sufficient time to look for their favorite solution.

I am really curious whom they have in mind.

My guess is, either they'll introduce Tuchel within the next couple of weeks (International breaks have its use for clubs afterall), or they'll go for Nagelsmann for the next season (no way Hoffenheim will be parting with him now), and Hoeneß will sweettalk his buddy Heynckes to come out of retirement to fill in once more (and help Bayern out of their predicament).

Anything else, doesn't really fit their profile or is not available. (Speaking German to a better extent than Ancelotti, and preferably knowing the Bundesliga). That's assuming that Klopp or Guardiola are quite happy with their current jobs, and their clubs ith them.

2 hours ago, JordanJH1993 said:

I saw some quotes from Robben after the game which didn't look too good for Ancelotti; he pretty much suggested he wasn't behind the coach.

Robben, Müller, probably Ribery too. Boateng was rumoredly also not too happy either.

18 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

Dortmund are far more ruthless cannibalisers of their rivals these days than Bayern. It is just age and Ancelotti being very a poor fit for this squad. Now one of the several teams looking up at Real, Barca and increasingly PSG and with the wrong manager for the task at hand.

Age is not the decissive factor imo. Their only real oldies are Robben and Ribery. Thomas Müller has been around for like forever, but he is just 28. Neuer is 31, which is also not that old for a keeper. Bayern has started to rebuild this season. Otherwise are their key player under 30. They have however lost two of their leaders to retirement (Lahm and Xabi Alonso). Which has hurt them obviously.

Arsenal giving Borisov a BATE-rring here...

Jack Wilshere has looked dangerous on the ball, playing some neat passes into the forwards. He's looked better tonight than he did during any game I saw him play for Bournemouth last season. Though, it's all right doing it against this level of opposition; it's a completely different matter doing this in the PL.

Archived