Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

5 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Slang for "I feel you." :)

Ahh. TY for explaining and glad to know it's not just me. I think what makes this so wrong is that it looks like no one else is sitting there. It's a wide shot and there doesn't seem to be anyone sitting on her left or right side. It's just...wrong.

23 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Thank you. There are lots of us, this isn't just silly shipping. There are political reasons, thematic reasons, book foreshadowing, and show clues. But yeah, we should discuss more, in a thread.

Thread started:

It is pending approval, but when it appears please try to add some argument for your position beyond "but, that doesnt make sense to me and offends my sensibilities".

36 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Thank you. There are lots of us, this isn't just silly shipping. There are political reasons, thematic reasons, book foreshadowing, and show clues. But yeah, we should discuss more, in a thread.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here, even if we don't include anything from the books, there is nothing in the show that foreshadows anything between Jon and Sansa, and as others have said, there is no benefit to marrying your cousin, Lady of Winterfell when you are already half stark and KiTN, that would be uniting a family and area that is already united.  So, there are no political reasons, no thematic reasons that I can see, unless you think that after having ended the Targ reign of incest, we're going to found a Stark reign of incest, because incest is the way to go, there is literally not a single sentence in the books that foreshadows such a thing between Jon and Sansa and no show clues either.

I will certainly come back and admit how wrong I was if I am wrong, which I'm not, in 2 months when the show ends. 

16 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here, even if we don't include anything from the books, there is nothing in the show that foreshadows anything between Jon and Sansa, and as others have said, there is no benefit to marrying your cousin, Lady of Winterfell when you are already half stark and KiTN, that would be uniting a family and area that is already united.  So, there are no political reasons, no thematic reasons that I can see, unless you think that after having ended the Targ reign of incest, we're going to found a Stark reign of incest, because incest is the way to go, there is literally not a single sentence in the books that foreshadows such a thing between Jon and Sansa and no show clues either.

I will certainly come back and admit how wrong I was if I am wrong, which I'm not, in 2 months when the show ends. 

Please save it for the right thread.

For this thread - how many episodes do we have actor appearances in? One way True Detective got figured out was by which actors were going to appear in each future episode. HBO has limited this and no longer posts this sixty days out.

5 hours ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

And how did Robbs arranged marriage go?

Cersei's?

Tyrion's?

But, I am sure GRRM wrote the story so Jon's arranged marriage was a great idea, and went perfectly.

Get out of the real world, this is a freakin's story that is supposed to be unpredictable. Using medieval logic to predict GoT is as stupid as having your right hand shake your left.

Robb broke his marriage pact, Cersei is a psycho and Tyrion's wasn't arranged but forced. So, I don't exactly see the point you try to make.

I don't understand what you want to argue here. Some arranged marriages in Westeros work splendidly, some don't. It is just that SansaxJon marriage would make no sense. No one was using "real world".

1 hour ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Right now, Jon and Sansa are the closest to fulfilling the pact of ice and fire. Jon and Dany are two Targaryens who can't unite the two kingdoms in any capacity, unless its by conquest. 

And who says that the pact hasn't been fulfilled. I mean, we already have Rhaegar and Lyanna. Jon is not seen as a Targaryen, but as a Stark, who grew up in Winterfell and calls Stark his family. If Jon becomes a King, there is no need for North to tie itself to the Throne. It already has connection.

3 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I thought I'd drop off some news, well, NEW PICS anyway.  It still seems most everything that is being released is in relation to the first few episodes.  I suppose they are trying to be careful and don't want to make it all that easy to figure out any deaths or differences beyond the Battle at Winterfell.  That's my guess on it, anyway. 

http://watchersonthewall.com/daenerys-jon-sansa-jorah-together-winterfell-latest-game-thrones-season-8-promo-photos/

Miss Turner looks very beautiful in those pictures. As does Miss Clarke. Seeing someone smile in Westeros does make an event.

That said, the first association I had when looked at Sansa holding that bowl is of Eowyn in LOTR: Two Towers movie (extended edition) when she brought stew to Aragorn. 

3 hours ago, Risto said:

Miss Turner looks very beautiful in those pictures. As does Miss Clarke. Seeing someone smile in Westeros does make an event.

That said, the first association I had when looked at Sansa holding that bowl is of Eowyn in LOTR: Two Towers movie (extended edition) when she brought stew to Aragorn. 

My favourite Sophie Turner look is her costume and hair in season 6, by a long way. Season 6 Bran as well! Both looked like proper Starks. I really don't like the way either were dressed in Season 7 and (sadly for me, has carried on to) Season 8. Arya's half arm cape thing makes little sense to me also. 

Anyway, I guess the smiles will come in ep 2 mainly when they're all warming to each other

Isn't really any political reasons for jon/sansa or jon/arya.  They are all Starks and would gain nothing, except possible incest complaints from thier own people.   The idea with a political marriage is unite your house with another one, usually a rival. 

Political marriage would be Jon marrying some Tyrel cousin, or Cersi even.  Sansa/Arya would get someone like Robin or some dornish prince of whoever thier ruler is.

18 minutes ago, Bradam said:

Isn't really any political reasons for jon/sansa or jon/arya.  They are all Starks and would gain nothing, except possible incest complaints from thier own people.  

Exactly. Jon+Sansa is just ridiculous. We'll have a good laugh when the show is aired…

1 hour ago, Bear Claw said:

Sansa is the most eligible bachelorette in Westeros. She is related to the Vale and the Riverlands. She's the best match Jon could make if he were looking to marry. 

? Edmure Tully is still alive and so is his wife who is with child.  The Lord of the Vale is also alive.  So, Sansa brings nothing there except their affinity for the Stark family which goes the same for Jon.  If Jon is going to make a political marriage to someone other than Dany, it should be a Lannister or whomever is going to get Highgarden now the Tyrells are all dead.

You know, I dont want add more fire to this discusssion and will keep from posting ALL THE FORESHADOWING SCENES that the show has made it pointing out for the future marriage of Jon Snow and Sansa Stark, from season 1 to 7 (and believe me, there are dozens).

But when someone says that there has been no  scene foreshadowing this marriage in the show, I have to wonder if this person ever touched the books, because on season 6 episode 4 we have Sansa Stark cloaking Jon Snow with a Stark cloak and anyone who ever read the books will know that cloaking someone with your House Cloak is the greatest symbol of marriage in the novels of ASOAIF. 

Sansa was called the key to the North several times on books and tv show for a reason. The North will only go back to the union  by a marriage alliance and the bride in question will be Sansa Stark. Not only she is bringing the North with her, she is also bringing her family alliances in the Arrys and Tullys. Is not that difficult to see it.

15 minutes ago, prettylongclaw said:

You know, I dont want add more fire to this discusssion and will keep from posting ALL THE FORESHADOWING SCENES that the show has made it pointing out for the future marriage of Jon Snow and Sansa Stark, from season 1 to 7 (and believe me, there are dozens).

But when someone says that there has been no  scene foreshadowing this marriage in the show, I have to wonder if this person ever touched the books, because on season 6 episode 4 we have Sansa Stark cloaking Jon Snow with a Stark cloak and anyone who ever read the books will know that cloaking someone with your House Cloak is the greatest symbol of marriage in the novels of ASOAIF. 

Sansa was called the key to the North several times on books and tv show for a reason. The North will only go back to the union  by a marriage alliance and the bride in question will be Sansa Stark. Not only she is bringing the North with her, she is also bringing her family alliances in the Arrys and Tullys. Is not that difficult to see it.

Well, yeah, actually it is.  But you only see what you want to see. Sansa cloaking Jon only mant she accepted him as a Stark, and not a bastard. 

A Sansa/Jon marriage is foolish. It will never happen. Period. Sansa brings nothing to the table that Jon doesn't already have. Dany has two dragons, a dothraki army, and an Unsullied army. Not to mention Jorah Mormont and Tyrion Lannister at her side. Add to the fact she was already allied with Dorne, and the Reach, as well as the Iron islands (kinda). To even think for a moment Sansa brings more to the table than Dany is ludicrous, from a political standpoint. And Sansa is a tyrant, she feeds her enemies to the dogs, what a terrible way to die!! I would rather be burned to death!!! She has been tortured and raped, she is seriously some damaged goods. The only political marriage that makes sense for Sansa is to Sweet Robin. 

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

? Edmure Tully is still alive and so is his wife who is with child.  The Lord of the Vale is also alive.  So, Sansa brings nothing there except their affinity for the Stark family which goes the same for Jon.  If Jon is going to make a political marriage to someone other than Dany, it should be a Lannister or whomever is going to get Highgarden now the Tyrells are all dead.

Edmure wouldn't have an affinity for Jon. Sansa has blood ties to the Riverlands and the Vale; Jon does not.  I won't respond further because I don't think this thread is about this issue, but I thought I would mention Sansa's familial ties because I think they are important to the story, especially as it's reaching the end. Three kingdoms with blood ties should be important to the end game, and I did hear a leak that Edmure and Sweet Robin filmed in Spain. 

2 hours ago, prettylongclaw said:

Not only she is bringing the North with her, she is also bringing her family alliances in the Arrys and Tullys. 

Oh, she brings the North to the King in the North, the guy who was chosen by the Northener Lords? Seriously?

As for the Arryn: one sick little lord whose soldiers are already in Winterfell…

Tullys ? Who know where is Edmure in the show?

3 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Oh, she brings the North to the King in the North, the guy who was chosen by the Northener Lords? Seriously?

As for the Arryn: one sick little lord whose soldiers are already in Winterfell…

Tullys ? Who know where is Edmure in the show?

The actor Edmure has scenes in S8 so that just blows another hole to along with the many holes already in their "theory". LOL Also, the guy who leaked the description of S8's first episode said very clearly RIP Jonsa

6 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

@GrapefruitPerrier I guess your thread wasn't approved? 

Still shows as pending approval. If they arent approving threads like they used to it might explain why it seems dead here now compared to of old. Or, they just might be slow. You try one too!

Archived