NBA 2017 - 18: 76ers Make the Playoffs? Embiid They Will

Relic

5 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Kawhi is the best player in the NBA.  And the fact that SA is 4-1 without him is amazing.  

I completely disagree.  Defense wins championships.  The Spurs proved they were capable of shutting them down.  A 23 point lead, on the road, during game one!  They would have been sitting pretty the rest of the series. 

Warriors are the obvious favorites to repeat as champs.  But they better hope the Spurs lose in round 2 to a team like OKC. 

Kawhi is not the best player in the league, maybe 3 or 4, definitely top-5. And, he was lighting the Dubs up before he went down, lighting them up. I don't think any team has enough defense to stop GS. You gotta score at least 110. Now, I will say you do have a point, because usually the game slows down in the playoffs and we get lower scores.

2 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Kawhi is not the best player in the league, maybe 3 or 4, definitely top-5. And, he was lighting the Dubs up before he went down, lighting them up. I don't think any team has enough defense to stop GS. You gotta score at least 110. Now, I will say you do have a point, because usually the game slows down in the playoffs and we get lower scores.

You can argue LeBron and Durant are 1/2.  But Harden and Westbrook are no where near Kawhi's level.  Leonard is a champion and the best defender in the league.  His offensive has progressed tremendously each new season.

To have an elite defender that you know will guard the greatest superstars every night in the playoffs is the greatest luxury in the NBA.  There is a reason why the Patriots and Spurs are always in the conversation for winning a championship.  Their head coaches take away their opponents greatest offensive threat.  

Guys like Harden and Westbrook are great in the regular season.  All of those triple doubles not only speak to their elite talents, but are also a result of the perimeter game that so many big men play today.  They should not be averaging 10 or more rebounds.  

Cavs got crushed by the Pelicans. Lebron sat out the 4th quarter for some reason the the lineups Lue had out there might lead to a Lue firing. Jesus they had an ugly team out there. 

10 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

At this point, I think you have to start to hold Kawhi's lack of apparent duarabilty against him. I think that drops him down to #3. I hope he gets healthy quick, but he's starting to look a bit fragile.

He's never had any significant injuries though.  He averages 66 games a season for his career.  And as a Sixers fan, we'd be thrilled with that average from our star players.

5 hours ago, Relic said:

Cavs got crushed by the Pelicans. Lebron sat out the 4th quarter for some reason the the lineups Lue had out there might lead to a Lue firing. Jesus they had an ugly team out there. 

Cavs traveling back home from N.O. to face the Knicks tonight.  I smell a possible upset!  Without a doubt, take the points.

On 10/26/2017 at 0:50 AM, Mother Cocanuts said:

-snip-

I'm sorry. I was under the impression because you were saying Curry's defense put him over LeBron as the most skilled player or something to that effect so I made the assumption. Its been some time since so I don't remember details.

Anyway, that's just it. I'd like to repeat that simply saying someone is over/under rated is not productive. We really need to add a benchmark when using it or it will lead to confusion. E.g. Maybe LeBron isn't a consensus best active player, but can we all agree that he is still top five?

So impressed with the Pistons D-ing up GS on their HC. They were playing like they had the Wallace Boys, Lindsey Hunter and Tayshaun in their prime and they got the road win with GS playing all their rotation, noone was sitting out or injured.

Good D, hustle, making the extra pass, all those little things that are contagious to winning, they had it in spades. If they can consistently play like this they will be interesting in the EC playoffs. 

Avery Bradley has to be a huge influence here and like I said, this style of play is contageous, feeling good with what im seeing.

On 10/29/2017 at 10:53 AM, Relic said:

Saw that game as well. Davis and Cousins were impressive and just dominated the Cavs, and the guards Moore and Holiday also scored very nicely. The Cavs looked dreadful.

4 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Saw that game as well. Davis and Cousins were impressive and just dominated the Cavs, and the guards Moore and Holiday also scored very nicely. The Cavs looked dreadful.

I thik the 4th quarter lineup i saw was Calderon, Shumpert, Korver, Frye, and...some random red shirt. What the fuck sort of squad is THAT?

On 10/29/2017 at 11:26 AM, Proudfeet said:

Anyway, that's just it. I'd like to repeat that simply saying someone is over/under rated is not productive.

I didn't just "simply say" he was overrated. I explained the reason he's overrated.

On 10/29/2017 at 11:26 AM, Proudfeet said:

Maybe LeBron isn't a consensus best active player, but can we all agree that he is still top five?

Now? He's arguably number five. (Maybe four if we're being generous to his game.)

5 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Draymond Green continues to be a piece of shit. He did nothing wrong apparently in the altercation with Beal.

If anything he gets away with too much.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21221663/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-argues-nba-fine

How's he being a piece of shit? I watched that game from start to finish, and Draymond Green didn't initiate the physical contact. Beal slapped Green on the right side of his face, and then when Green turned around to grab him, Beal wrapped his arms around Green's head/neck and pulled him back until the rest of players pushed them onto the floor. Kelly Oubre Jr. can be seen throwing punches, one which connected with the back of his own teammate's (John Wall's) head. You can even hear the refs and security instructing Beal to let go. Only Beal should have been ejected from that game

20 minutes ago, Mother Cocanuts said:

How's he being a piece of shit? I watched that game from start to finish, and Draymond Green didn't initiate the physical contact. Beal slapped Green on the right side of his face, and then when Green turned around to grab him, Beal wrapped his arms around Green's head/neck and pulled him back until the rest of players pushed them onto the floor. Kelly Oubre Jr. can be seen throwing punches, one which connected with the back of his own teammate's (John Wall's) head. You can even hear the refs and security instructing Beal to let go. Only Beal should have been ejected from that game

Fuck, i hate myself but i have to agree with MC.  None of the angles i've seen show DG doing anything that warrants punishment. 

The Cavs have looked awful so far. I know the sample size is still small, but for the first time I feel like there’s a chance they don’t make it out of the East if IT can’t come back at close to 100%.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The thing is Green has earned himself a bad rep at this point. He's not going to get the benefit of the doubt, and he knows this. Yet he continues to allow players to bait him into stupid retributions. As is often the case, it's not the guy who throws the first punch who catches the punishment.

While this is mostly true, I feel like people are going overboard in attacking him to the degree that they do. Personally I like him. He’s a great heel.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

While this is mostly true, I feel like people are going overboard in attacking him to the degree that they do. Personally I like him. He’s a great heel.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. He's the motor that makes this team run. That said, when it comes to this type of shit, he's a fucking blockhead. It's a weakness at this point. 

8 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. He's the motor that makes this team run. That said, when it comes to this type of shit, he's a fucking blockhead. It's a weakness at this point. 

I think that’s true a lot of the time, but I also think people over exaggerate a lot of what he does.

Archived