LGBTQ+ 6 -- It's a Rainbow of Flavors

Xray the Enforcer

Yeah. It's been a fuck of a week. It's OT for this thread but it's been closed out by Brook and I losing a close friend and it's just all fucked. I'm so angry without any useful direction for it and so fucking sad. And that's before I get into the fear.

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

Yeah. It's been a fuck of a week. It's OT for this thread but it's been closed out by Brook and I losing a close friend and it's just all fucked. I'm so angry without any useful direction for it and so fucking sad. And that's before I get into the fear.

I am so sorry for your loss :( 

On 9/22/2020 at 8:25 AM, karaddin said:

But I'm sure we'll continue to get told we shouldn't worry about influential and powerful people campaigning against our rights. People telling us things can't possibly happen that are already happening seems to be a bit of a trend lately.

We certainly do know what type of women's orgs they are though.

Women orgs who'd align with far-right groups to beat up transfolk.

The ideology of Terfs kinda reminds me of an old quote from a racist unionist in the 1800s.

”We’d rather be a slave to capital than a brother to the negro.”

TerFs today. ”We’d rather be slaves to the patriarchy, than a sister to a trans.”

And now for something positive: Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas is an absolute joy. It has queer characters and trans characters that are nuanced and joyful and more than just their trauma. It digs into blood families and found families and the joys (and challenges) in both. I'm only about halfway through but I bet I'm going to cry at the end. 

On 9/29/2020 at 6:05 AM, Xray the Enforcer said:

And now for something positive: Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas is an absolute joy. It has queer characters and trans characters that are nuanced and joyful and more than just their trauma. It digs into blood families and found families and the joys (and challenges) in both. I'm only about halfway through but I bet I'm going to cry at the end. 

I cried at the end.

15 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Good cry or bad cry? Within the larger scope of all being good cry.

Totally overwrought happy gay trans teenager cry. So, good cry but also somewhat embarrassing (because I am ancient) but also bittersweet because I was crying for all of the overwrought gay trans teenagers who struggled, and so many of them never got the chance to shine.

Edited by Xray the Enforcer

1 hour ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Totally overwrought happy gay trans teenager cry. So, good cry but also somewhat embarrassing (because I am ancient) but also bittersweet because I was crying for all of the overwrought gay trans teenagers who struggled, and so many of them never got the chance to shine.

Never embarrassing, that's very much good cry

On 10/5/2020 at 8:26 AM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Not the way I wanted to start the week 

I saw this depressing comment on the seemming trajectory of things;

Conservatives in 2017: I'm not personally homophobic, but I don't want businesses to be forced to violate their own religion Today: I'm not personally homophobic, but I don't want government workers to give out marriage certificates that violates their religious beliefs. 2024: I'm not personally homophobic, but I think states should be allowed to criminalize sodomy if that's what they want. Future: Is it wrong to be homophobic?

Genuinely curious to see which gay guys prager u will trot out to argue why gay marriage is super bad.

I'm  betting they'll be a reference gays being executed in Saudi Arabia as a rational for why expecting equal and fair treatmeant under the law in the US is totally unfair--they should be thankful to just not be killed, and be quiet.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

14 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I have some ideas but I'm not going to post them because who knows what kinds of keyword searches are dragging the internet for such things and I'm not doing some homophobic conservative shitbag's work for them. 

Yeah. Still irritating to think about them pretending to care about gay rights--ie reference gays being killed for their sexual orientation--and act asking for anything more than the ability to not be stoned to death is overstepping.

7 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Yeah. Still irritating to think about them pretending to care about gay rights--ie reference gays being killed for their sexual orientation--and act asking for anything more than the ability to not be stoned to death is overstepping.

Definitely agreed. They're lying sacks of shit.

I am heartbroken. Monica Roberts aka TransGriot has passed. Monica is the reason why ANYONE outside of the trans community pays attention to the murder of transgender people in the U.S. 

Rest in Power Monica. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-monica-roberts-mission-to-identify-transgender-murder-victims

Edited by Xray the Enforcer

21 minutes ago, SaltyGnosis said:

Saw my mother sharing a Blair White video on Facebook earlier today. Kinda took some of the spring out of my step if I'm being honest. Although my best friend/future Roomie also booked her last FFS earlier today (had to postpone cause of Covid) so that's pretty cool.

Ah. I mean if this cute trans woman is saying the same things I am, I can’t be that bigoted right?

Sorry, I don’t know your mother, I tend to see this as a lot of the reason for any support from the right on a particular individual in lgbtq.

This gay guy says straight people are oppressed by non-heterosexuals in a world where there are countries where you can get killed or imprisoned for that.
And says being straight is superior

So I’m not homophobic when I say the exact same things.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

8 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Ah. I mean if this cute trans woman is saying the same things I am, I can’t be that bigoted right?

Sorry, I don’t know your mother, I tend to see this as a lot of the reason for any support from the right on a particular individual in lgbtq.

This gay guy says straight people are oppressed by non-heterosexuals in a world where there are countries where you can get killed or imprisoned for that.
And says being straight is superior

So I’m not homophobic when I say the exact same things.

Facebook has literally become a graveyard. It's just angry Boomers, screaming into the abyss.

Edited by SaltyGnosis

• 4 weeks later...