LGBTQ+ 6 -- It's a Rainbow of Flavors

Xray the Enforcer

5 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Ok so in that case, just to be clear, you have zero problem with anyone disagreeing with your statement or taking opposition positions to you in this thread and you will no longer make objections as soon as anyone says something that you don’t agree with. 

You know a person can can disagree with your call for anything ‘political’ to be censored in a thread and not think by default anything you say can’t be opposed or other people must immediately back down when you…disagree.

Theres no contradiction. You might as well just say “okay you say my ask for this amount of censorship isn’t right, so obviously you agree to give me 1000 bucks right?”

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

1 minute ago, Heartofice said:

Ok so in that case, just to be clear, you have zero problem with anyone disagreeing with your statement or taking opposition positions to you in this thread and you will no longer make objections as soon as anyone says something that you don’t agree with. 

I said no such thing. I will continue to object to posts that draw upon transphobic talking points and dishonest claims about people accessing care for the purposes of calling the legitimacy of trans care into question.

I will however acknowledge that this presents what you consider to be a double standard. I don't care.

I will continue to honestly argue for people like me to have dignity in access to medical treatment, you will continue to refuse to own a single one of your opinions, instead keeping up your unending concern troll act.

I think we can both agree that we hope your daughter is cis though, surely that's common ground?

1 minute ago, karaddin said:

I said no such thing. I will continue to object to posts that draw upon transphobic talking points and dishonest claims about people accessing care for the purposes of calling the legitimacy of trans care into question

Well since it seems that you deem yourself the arbiter of this, and it was you had called for us to heed the rules of the thread as soon as you decided they had been broken, by posting statistic you didn't like, then essentially what you are calling for is a place where your word is the final one. However you seem to be quite unapologetic about that. 

5 minutes ago, karaddin said:

The score board has been successfully run up at this point and the thread is at 21 pages anyway so it's probably all academic at this point. I doubt we'll see another iteration of it, I certainly won't be starting one.

I will if no one else. It’s important to have a place particular for discussing the progression and regression of lgbt rights and prosperity etc.

Also gives a place to talk about transphobia that’s not the UK politics thread.

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Well since it seems that you deem yourself the arbiter of this, and it was you had called for us to heed the rules of the thread as soon as you decided they had been broken, by posting statistic you didn't like, then essentially what you are calling for is a place where your word is the final one. However you seem to be quite unapologetic about that. 

Doesn't need to be mine, the rules weren't mine in the first place. If Ran says the special rules for this thread are done, I already made it pretty clear I'd accept it too.

I don't want someone who is struggling with their mental health to think they can let their guard down just to get hit by your concern trolling and thinking that's the best they can hope for. The problem is the false impression of being able to let your guard down, if there's nothing giving that impression then the guard stays up.

Look, I'll be as plain a I can: Varys posted something, and the fact that someone you don't like posted an article you don't contest as being accurate is somehow a problem is hard for me to see as a rules issue. I cannot and will not read minds, and I am certainly not going to have people tell me that the rules should be determined by mind readers. HoI's posting did not break the rule at the top of this thread, because literally it's just quotes from a Guardian article discussing the very increased workload of NHS and this obviously reflects on Varys's article about longer wait times.

Varys made his point, HoI and others have remarked on it, lets move on rather than continuing the circlejerk of recriminations.

Edited by Ran

51 minutes ago, karaddin said:

The problem is the false impression of being able to let your guard down, if there's nothing giving that impression then the guard stays up.

True, many a crime against humanity was preced with accusations of overacting. 
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/08/caitlyn-jenner-shocked-fellow-conservatives-called-her-a-man-when-she-called-out-ron-desantis/

Jenner has bought into the outdated(least in America generally ) lie that conservatives grievance isn’t with trans people but certain bad actors who abuse certain protections granted to trans people, and if she calls out the fakers cry about social contagion, she and all the real  trans people would be alright. Her treatment solidifies the fact the general animosity isn’t towards bad faith actors—it’s against trans people.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321