MLB 2018: Sho(hei) Me What You Got

Myshkin

Damn, man, that sucks.  The junior circuit is looking really weak right now.  And no, I don't think the Mets will last.  The Cubbies and Nats will come back, but the latter have their own injury issues and the former have performance issues.  It's entirely possible the Dbacks come out of all this on top, which would be...interesting as a Yanks fan.

5 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Morton was absolute filth today. After the 3rd inning I was just hoping for a hit. At least Sonny looked pretty good though.

That was fun while it lasted. He was dealing last night and there isn't much the Yankees could have done.  

Gray did look pretty good. If he can build on that the game wasn't a total waste. I wish he could pitch to Sanchez though.  

21 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Damn, man, that sucks.  The junior circuit is looking really weak right now.  And no, I don't think the Mets will last.  The Cubbies and Nats will come back, but the latter have their own injury issues and the former have performance issues.  It's entirely possible the Dbacks come out of all this on top, which would be...interesting as a Yanks fan.

Oh I think the Cubs will he just fine.  Four game sweep of the Brewers to put those delusions of grandeur Milwaukee was getting to rest and then a win over Colorado last night to ease back into First Place.  33+ innings in a row without an earned run from the starting rotation over that time...

I'm looking forward to the (hopefully) inevitable Cubs/Astros World Series...

Glad to see that game from Stanton.  Flexor strain for Monty is not good.  That's usually a precursor to TJ.  We'll see.  Silver lining - kinda excited to see what German can do.  And Sheff has been tearing it up in Trenton.  Wouldn't be surprised if they push him up to Triple A now.  Anyway, got a chance to win a four game series in Houston, and shut them out for two straight games.  Good stuff.

Also, DeGrom got injured hitting.  This is why the NL is stupid, as a concept.

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Glad to see that game from Stanton.  Flexor strain for Monty is not good.  That's usually a precursor to TJ.  We'll see.  Silver lining - kinda excited to see what German can do.  And Sheff has been tearing it up in Trenton.  Wouldn't be surprised if they push him up to Triple A now.  Anyway, got a chance to win a four game series in Houston, and shut them out for two straight games.  Good stuff.

Also, DeGrom got injured hitting.  This is why the NL is stupid, as a concept.

I think this is when Stanton turns it around and hits 10 homers in two weeks. German did really well, when he gets stretched out I think he could be good in a pinch. They've handled themselves great on this trip, even Gray looked good.

On 5/2/2018 at 2:33 PM, KingintheNorth4 said:

Now THIS is the Lucas Giolito I've been waiting for all season long.

I had high hopes for him this year fantasy-wise. Still early so hopefully he’ll get it together.

7 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Braves are in first place. Who knows if it will last, but right now they're playing as well as anyone. That lineup is dynamite and the young pitching is coming through too. 

Get the brooms out!

13 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

I hate Aaron Boone as a manager. He left Tanaka out there too long, and why the fuck would he send Green back out after giving up three runs only to give up a homer to Carlos Correa.

I didn’t mind the decision to leave Tanaka in there, and that hbp was bullshit too. Chad probably shouldn’t have come back out as he clearly doesn’t have it today. Usually I’d take a split at Houston all day but this game leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Should’ve scored more than 3 fucking runs against McCullers today. 

ETA: Here we go...

Archived