U.S. Politics- This Is Us, Basically Fascists

Jace, Extat

The “controversy” over journalist Sarah Jeong joining the New York Times, explained

In standing by its decision to hire the well-known tech journalist, the Times shut down a major bullying tactic of the alt-right. 

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/3/17644704/sarah-jeong-new-york-times-tweets-backlash-racism

The glimmer of hope in this story is that the alt-right’s success in targeting Gunn, who stood at the helm of a multibillion-dollar franchise with Guardians of the Galaxy, might have ultimately backfired. Gunn’s firing, the factors surrounding it, and the Guardians cast’s striking statement of support asking Disney to rehire him have all drawn international media attention. The result is that the increased visibility about what the alt-right is doing, and how disingenuous its motivations are, has made its methods more widely known and transparent than ever.

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

If there is no crime, why is he so eager to point he knew nothing about it? It's ridiculous how guilty he acts on a regular basis.

There is definitely a crime: Perjury.

I'm not sure if this satire or not.

https://politics.theonion.com/eric-trump-aims-laser-pointer-at-don-jr-while-flicking-1827932160

9 hours ago, Paladin of Ice said:

These groups have a strange love of Pinochet in particular, they feel he's their model for a right-winger suppressing left wingers. In particular, they love to tell about how Pinochet's military and torturers would fly victims out over the ocean in a helicopter and then throw them out of said copter, to either die on impact with the water or drown long before they could make it back to shore. One of their favorite things they like to talk about when the glorious right wing revolution comes and they win the race wars and yada yada yada is who they'll take for helicopter rides. See here.

That is beyond messed up.

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

Well, confessing to crimes is fun?

Well, I guess it's interesting in a way. You ahve to read it like a verbal ice bucket challenge. Just this isn't about charity and it's not ice in the bucket, but horseshit. And the challenge is just how much you can fit into a tweet, and dump over the heads of anybody who has the misfortune to read it.

I mean every sentence contains at least one obvious lie.

wonderful son, Donald. I mean wonderful is not an accurate describtion, midly put. I know you want to say that he isn't concerned is the lie, but the GOP doesn't give a flying fuck, so why should he be concerned?

totally legal done all the time, is the lie the second sentence, well, the going nowhere bit is harder to dsisprove.

And of course the final one, I did not know about it. 

56 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Well, I guess it's interesting in a way. You ahve to read it like a verbal ice bucket challenge. Just this isn't about charity and it's not ice in the bucket, but horseshit. And the challenge is just how much you can fit into a tweet, and dump over the heads of anybody who has the misfortune to read it.

I mean every sentence contains at least one obvious lie.

wonderful son, Donald. I mean wonderful is not an accurate describtion, midly put. I know you want to say that he isn't concerned is the lie, but the GOP doesn't give a flying fuck, so why should he be concerned?

totally legal done all the time, is the lie the second sentence, well, the going nowhere bit is harder to dsisprove.

And of course the final one, I did not know about it. 

"...totally legal and done all the time in politics..."

Wasn't a great part of his appeal supposed to be that he wasn't a politician?

I can barely keep up with this shit.  Isn't this the meeting they denied ever happened?  Haven't they been repeating "No collusion" since the inauguration?  When did it become acceptable for conservatives to have a political power work with a foreign government to win an election?  

And, if the meeting was set up for the purpose of trafficking in stolen DNC data, no it fucking isn't legal.  

3 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

"...totally legal and done all the time in politics..."

Wasn't a great part of his appeal supposed to be that he wasn't a politician?

I can barely keep up with this shit.  Isn't this the meeting they denied ever happened?  Haven't they been repeating "No collusion" since the inauguration?  When did it become acceptable for conservatives to have a political power work with a foreign government to win an election?  

And, if the meeting was set up for the purpose of trafficking in stolen DNC data, no it fucking isn't legal.  

The goal posts have changed as more information has come out. 

"No one from the Trump campaign has ever talked with Russians"

"We may have talked to some Russians but it wasn't in official capacity of Trump campaign"

"We may have talked to some Russians but it was just to further a better relationship which we should all want"

"We never met with Russians to get information from them"

"We met with Russians to discuss adoption"

"We met with Russians to talk adoption and get some Clinton information"

"The meeting was set up for gathering information on an opponent, something that happens all the time"

"NO COLLUSION"

"NO COLLUSION"

"Even if we did collude, it's not illegal"

"We colluded but it's not illegal and no votes were changed"

"We colluded but so did the Hillary Clinton campaign, why aren't they being investigated instead?"

And so on. The goal posts have moved over and over. This should be the biggest political scandal in the history of the US based on what we know and it barely registers anymore because Trump continues to do it out in the open and it comes out in a piecemeal way. Look at the timeline of events from 2015 onwards and it's a damn fucking story.

3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

"We may have talked to some Russians but it wasn't in official capacity of Trump campaign"

"We may have talked to some Russians but it was just to further a better relationship which we should all want"

"The meeting was set up for gathering information on an opponent, something that happens all the time"

"NO COLLUSION"

"NO COLLUSION"

"We colluded but so did the Hillary Clinton campaign, why aren't they being investigated instead?"

And so on. The goal posts have moved over and over. This should be the biggest political scandal in the history of the US based on what we know and it barely registers anymore because Trump continues to do it out in the open and it comes out in a piecemeal way. Look at the timeline of events from 2015 onwards and it's a damn fucking story.

BUT HER EMAILS!!!

16 minutes ago, Mexal said:

"NO COLLUSION"

"NO COLLUSION"

It barely registers because an entire party is, at the very least, an accessory after the fact (though your Nunes and the like may be even deeper). They keep insisting everything is fine and will let him get away with anything at this point. They have doubled down so often, they no longer have an out, even if they were not accomplices in the first place.

Dying old man has buyers remorse, continues to be ineffective and handwringing

Reminder that McCain doesn't vote 'for' the party of treason right now, it could just as easily dumped them and registered democrat with just one of your 'true neocons' boys to have double the effect and slide around their fucking 'but her emails' narrative and destroy those witchunt committees and he did confirm most of the abhorrent person-shaped things on this administration including the SCJ nominee bleating about 'the president can totally forgive himself', did vote to defund Obama care etc.

McCain failed the basic humanity test 'i'm dying and now there is a crisis where i don't have anything to lose'. Fuck him to hell, if it existed and take Palin with you.

“I hate the press. I hate you especially,” he told interviewer Chuck Todd from an international security conference in Munich. “But the fact is we need you. We need a free press. We must have it. It’s vital.”

“They get started by suppressing free press. In other words, a consolidation of power. When you look at history, the first thing that dictators do is shut down the press. And I’m not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator. I’m just saying we need to learn the lessons of history,” McCain said.

Maverick uh? I hope there is a queue to piss on your grave.

Also it'd be hilarious if Russian money was traced to Palin.

7 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Sweet, merciful crap.

When I first read this I thought it might be satirical so I checked around.  Apparently it's real.  Although, I'm not ruling out the possibility I might be having a stroke right now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/05/russia-tasks-hollywood-actor-seagal-with-improving-us-ties.html

It’s the new cold war, they will throw all our washed-up 80s doughebag detritus back at us as Presidents and envoys. We need to reply in kind and deploy Yakov Smirnoff immediately.

Ah, i was thinking of ol'Gerard or maybe that other already dead director. Now that i think about it there was a funny reddit AMA (ask me anything) where he was drunk and started it from... Thailand. He stopped after 20min ofc, once he realized that he didn't have Putin's botnet army on his side. CODE OF HONOR eh.

Of course now that he's got Putin's and Russian mafia sex slaves kompromat for days he's perfect ambassador material.

Andrew Anglin on the Daily Stormer telling those still left in the Alt-Right not to go to protests and especially Unite the Right #2: "If you show up and you are identified, your life will be ruined. You won’t be able to get into a university or get a good job..."

Berkeley Pigs are also fascist sympathizers.

1 hour ago, Bonnot OG said:

Andrew Anglin on the Daily Stormer telling those still left in the Alt-Right not to go to protests and especially Unite the Right #2: "If you show up and you are identified, your life will be ruined. You won’t be able to get into a university or get a good job..."

Poor baby.

This is now showing up in the ads on the sidebar for me.  If I can get a fee pdf, I have half a mind to read it.  No way I'd actually pay for it.

Fascist Voices: Essays from the 'Fascist Quarterly' 1936-1940 - Vol 1 (Volume)

I'd bet cash money that the crap you hear today from the alt right could almost be taken verbatim out of this book.

Archived