NFL 2018 Preseason: Now With More Jace Meltdowns!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

16 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

He threw 25 TD's in 13 games. That's less than 2 TD's a game. His chances of cracking 30 TD passes were a coinflip if he stayed healthy.

Let's not look back with ginger tinted glasses.

AND his TD% of 6.5 was good to be tied for 4th best that year. Which is pretty good. But MVP? Gimmie a break.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/183541/five-reasons-why-andy-dalton-is-the-leading-mvp-candidate

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000572299

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-mvp-projection-oddsmakers-make-andy-dalton-a-top-3-favorite/

https://nflspinzone.com/2015/10/17/2015-nfl-mvp-andy-dalton-vs-tom-brady-win/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/12/nfl-morning-after-andy-dalton-mvp-candidate/

His PR was 106.3 and he looked like a completely different QB while leading the Bengals to an 8-0 start. Would he have won it had he stayed healthy? Probably not. Cam, Brady, and Palmer all had great years too. But he was in the conversation late in the season. 

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I remember the buzz, it was shockingly persistent. But being 'in the conversation' means little at the end of the day. Anyone can have a conversation about anything.

I'm not contesting that he had a good year. But this 'great' season you keep referencing was only 'great' compared to the likes of Andy Dalton. It was a good season, nothing more.

Matt Stafford shits better stats, and I think he's little more than a turd too.

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I remember the buzz, it was shockingly persistent. But being 'in the conversation' means little at the end of the day. Anyone can have a conversation about anything.

I'm not contesting that he had a good year. But this 'great' season you keep referencing was only 'great' compared to the likes of Andy Dalton. It was a good season, nothing more.

Matt Stafford shits better stats, and I think he's little more than a turd too.

His peak was higher than middle of the pack, that was all I was saying. He had a really good year in 2013 actually as well (33 TD 4293 Yds). 

But I’m about done defending ol Andy at this point. I’m honestly not even the biggest fan of the guy but I think some of you aren’t really familiar with his full body of work and pretty much rely on what you hear from the national media and see in the playoffs (in which he’s been atrocious no denying that). 

4 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

His peak was higher than middle of the pack, that was all I was saying. He had a really good year in 2013 actually as well (33 TD 4293 Yds). 

But I’m about done defending ol Andy at this point. I’m honestly not even the biggest fan of the guy but I think some of you aren’t really familiar with his full body of work and pretty much rely on what you hear from the national media and see in the playoffs (in which he’s been atrocious no denying that). 

Jace watches just about every game, and has for a long time. This includes the Bengals of yesteryears because they were relevant.

I assure you, I form my own opinions. I see a man with marginal pocket presence, a mediocre arm, moderate accuracy, and maddening inconsistencies regarding decision making.

He's not putrid, but that doesn't make him good.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Dalton was higher than that at his peak. Look up his 2015 numbers before his injury. He was in the MVP conversation through 12 games. And I disagree we can’t win with him if everything around him clicks. If Flacco and Eli can win SBs it’s not unthinkable that Dalton could go on a similar run. Like I’ve said multiple times though it’s our HC that’s the biggest obstacle. Flacco and Eli had Harbaugh and Coughlin (and elite defenses). 

I’m certainly not against upgrading our QB though. I’m a little jealous of the Browns getting Mayfield tbh. I think he’s going to be good. Our main concern is fixing the Oline though, which we’ve started on by taking a center in the 1st round, and trading for a LT. No QB would have success with the dogshit line we rolled out the last couple years. 

I just looked up his stats, and they’re actually worse than I remembered. He has had one good season, in 2015, and the rest have been forgettable or bad. And I’m not sure why you disagree and believe you can win with him. We have enough evidence to know he’s not a SB winning quality QB. Clinging to him will only extend the period in which the Bengals are not legit contenders.   

Just now, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I just looked up his stats, and they’re actually worse than I remembered. He has had one good season, in 2015, and the rest have been forgettable or bad. And I’m not sure why you disagree and believe you can win with him. We have enough evidence to know he’s not a SB winning quality QB. Clinging to him will only extend the period in which the Bengals are not legit contenders.   

How was his 2013 bad?

and I already pointed out why i think it’s possible. I’ve seen mediocre QB’s like Flacco get hot and go on a run. Would I like a better QB? Sure. He’s not the biggest problem with the team though. That would be our owner, HC, and Oline. In that order. 

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Tyrod Taylor is a 29 year old QB who has been in the league for 8 years with 3 years of starting tape. You don't need to start him for him to have trade value. 

Bridgewater could prove some things by playing, although I'm unsure who would trade for him, and even less sure that you'd get much for him. And Darnold has done well thus far. Does not look overwhelmed and has made some great throws. He is actually going to start, too, so it's more of a moot point here.

Those are fair points on Tyrod and Teddy, but I still think you start them, at least for a few games. Baker hasn’t wowed me, but he you can tell he is an NFL quality QB. Darnold, OTOH, has done nothing for me. Sure he looks good with a clean pocket, but he’s looked bad when things aren’t going right and he holds the ball waaaay too long. I think he’d be better off sitting. You don’t want to crush his confidence, especially when you consider what team he’s on and the city it’s in. The fans and the media will destroy him if he starts out bad.

3 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Those are fair points on Tyrod and Teddy, but I still think you start them, at least for a few games. Baker hasn’t wowed me, but he you can tell he is an NFL quality QB. Darnold, OTOH, has done nothing for me. Sure he looks good with a clean pocket, but he’s looked bad when things aren’t going right and he holds the ball waaaay too long. I think he’d be better off sitting. You don’t want to crush his confidence, especially when you consider what team he’s on and the city it’s in. The fans and the media will destroy him if he starts out bad.

Baker has been unreal good in this preseason. Don't look at the overall numbers, look at the plays these guys are making.

15 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

How was his 2013 bad?

and I already pointed out why i think it’s possible. I’ve seen mediocre QB’s like Flacco get hot and go on a run. Would I like a better QB? Sure. He’s not the biggest problem with the team though. That would be our owner, HC, and Oline. In that order. 

He had 20 interceptions and 6 fumbles. That’s not good, and 33 TDs doesn’t make up for it. Also, that 1-6 TD-Int playoff ratio is horrifying.

That’s why I call guys in the middle mirrors. When there’s talent around them they look better than they are and when the talent around them is poor they look the same. Dalton has moved from a high end mirror to a low end mirror or just a flat out bad QB. And look, I have no motivation for knocking him. I wanted the Vikings to draft him, especially over Ponder. But I just think at this point you know he’s not very good, and to win a SB you will need everything around him to be perfect. Considering how hard that is to do, I’d move on.

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

Baker has been unreal good in this preseason. Don't look at the overall numbers, look at the plays these guys are making.

I am. I don’t look at preseason numbers that often. Baker has flashed and at times he’s been really impressive, but he’s also made a lot of rookie mistakes. I think he’s going to be good, but I don’t know if he’s ready for regular season play just yet. If there wasn’t an established starter in front of him, I’d throw him in. But the Browns have one, and given their first eight games, I’d let him wait a bit.

6 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

He had 20 interceptions and 6 fumbles. That’s not good, and 33 TDs doesn’t make up for it. Also, that 1-6 TD-Int playoff ratio is horrifying.

That’s why I call guys in the middle mirrors. When there’s talent around them they look better than they are and when the talent around them is poor they look the same. Dalton has moved from a high end mirror to a low end mirror or just a flat out bad QB. And look, I have no motivation for knocking him. I wanted the Vikings to draft him, especially over Ponder. But I just think at this point you know he’s not very good, and to win a SB you will need everything around him to be perfect. Considering how hard that is to do, I’d move on.

Yes it is. Trust me I’ll never forgive the fucker for laughing on the sideline during a playoff loss to the Texans where he threw 3 ints. 

18 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Yes it is. Trust me I’ll never forgive the fucker for laughing on the sideline during a playoff loss to the Texans where he threw 3 ints. 

I'm glad we all talked it out. I think Tywin is on the same page as me on this. I'm not out to get the Bengals or Dalton or anything, it's just like c'mon. Let's face shit.

Feel free to take on Andrew Luck too, I'll help. Guy's cooked.

At lunch today, my wife said "If you think you're going to be around for enough Sundays to watch it; go ahead and order it.  I'll watch if we've got it."

So we've got access to the Sunday Ticket.  Anyone want to come over?  :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

At lunch today, my wife said "If you think you're going to be around for enough Sundays to watch it; go ahead and order it.  I'll watch if we've got it."

So we've got access to the Sunday Ticket.  Anyone want to come over?  :lol: 

Er, that assumes we want to come to Kentucky. Now I’ve heard the state is beautiful and that Louisville is just like every other midsize metropolis, but let’s face it man, the people in the countryside are weird. Not West Virginia weird, I would never insult you like that, but something’s a bit off. Plus there’s a lot of meth.

4 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Er, that assumes we want to come to Kentucky. Now I’ve heard the state is beautiful and that Louisville is just like every other midsize metropolis, but let’s face it man, the people in the countryside are weird. Not West Virginia weird, I would never insult you like that, but something’s a bit off. Plus there’s a lot of meth.

How else am I supposed to get @Jace, Basilissa to come visit?

9 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, well, you all talk funny up north. 

28 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Yeah, well, you all talk funny up north. 

Minnesotans may consider their speech a dialect of English, but they would be wrong. It’s a monstrous bastardization of language and possibly a crime against humanity writ large. At least a southern drawl is charming.

@SpaceForce Tywin et al.

Archived