NFL 2018 IV: A Hue, A Cry and now Goodbye

Bronn Stone

5 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Joke's on you!  :P   

The funny thing is that I texted my buddy around the time I made that post and his response was "Our D will make him look like an all pro."  :lol:

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

What the hell happened last night?

Is Carr bad now?

Carr's team is bad now.  And he puts Alex Smith to shame as the new Captain Checkdown.

Here's another question I had.  Did anyone else see the Gruden interview with Howie Long before the game?  I've seen ESPN stories pop up with one specific line from it.  Gruden told Howie "I've got a phone.  I've got lots of numbers.  Guys are contacting me all the time... dying to play for the Raiders." 

First, I don't believe that for a second.  And B, would that not be tampering with contracts if he really is taking calls/texts from active players that say they are dying to play for his team??? :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Carr's team is bad now.  And he puts Alex Smith to shame as the new Captain Checkdown.

Here's another question I had.  Did anyone else see the Gruden interview with Howie Long before the game?  I've seen ESPN stories pop up with one specific line from it.  Gruden told Howie "I've got a phone.  I've got lots of numbers.  Guys are contacting me all the time... dying to play for the Raiders." 

First, I don't believe that for a second.  And B, would that not be tampering with contracts if he really is taking calls/texts from active players that say they are dying to play for his team??? :dunno: 

He didn't specify active players.  I assume that every player that was good 5 years ago but has been cut in the past two years is calling up Gruden saying he's "dying" to play for the team. 

That's really the only players that could possibly want to play for the Raiders at this point.  Everybody else is busy, ya know, preparing for their next game, rather than calling other team's coaches about potentially signing them 4 months from now when free agency starts. 

19 hours ago, Rhom said:

ETA:  And now its been announced that someone named Nick Mullens will be starting at QB...  

On my friend's Facebook page, there is currently a poll.  Nick Mullens is leading Joe Montana by a 2-1 margin for "greatest Niners QB of all time".

Gallows humor abounds among the Niners Faithful.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Receiving a text or a call is not tampering.  Tampering comes with what you do after the text or during/after the call.

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

Man...watched the Hue Jackson interview on First Take.  What a delusional piece of shit this guy is.  Dude's never met a buck he couldn't pass.

I thought I saw some headline in passing about how sone Browns players compared him to Michael Scott. Seems fitting.

11 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I thought I saw some headline in passing about how sone Browns players compared him to Michael Scott. Seems fitting.

Yeah I posted that tweet in here.  Pretty sure it was Myles Garrett.  He's always posting Office stuff on Twitter, and I think he was behind that Browns video in the preseason where they all dressed up as Office characters and did the intro.

40 minutes ago, briantw said:

Man...watched the Hue Jackson interview on First Take.  What a delusional piece of shit this guy is.  Dude's never met a buck he couldn't pass.

He also did the same thing after his one 8-8 Raiders season. Basically threw the entire team and coaching staff under the bus for missing the playoffs after starting 7-4. He also vowed to take a bigger role next year (even though he was both HC and defacto GM that year after Al Davis died so who the fuck knows what he meant.) And we'll never know because he was immediately fired when Reggie McKenzie was brought in.

But his take this week that he coached the Browns offense when the players all sucked and now that the players are good it's entirely Haley's scheme that sucks...I mean that is a galaxy brain take. 

8 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

He also did the same thing after his one 8-8 Raiders season. Basically threw the entire team and coaching staff under the bus for missing the playoffs after starting 7-4. He also vowed to take a bigger role next year (even though he was both HC and defacto GM that year after Al Davis died so who the fuck knows what he meant.) And we'll never know because he was immediately fired when Reggie McKenzie was brought in.

But his take this week that he coached the Browns offense when the players all sucked and now that the players are good it's entirely Haley's scheme that sucks...I mean that is a galaxy brain take. 

I've never seen someone be so awful at their job while talking about how great they are at it.

Well, aside from Trump.

All I know is that, on the Browns/Cavs forum I frequent, we've spent the afternoon debating which Browns players and coaches are which Office characters, which is about as good a Friday afternoon at work as you can expect to have.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

If he's trying get another coaching job, then it was dumb of him to do this. But if he wants to be a media commentator, it was smart.

Can't imagine any team would have been dumb enough to give him another chance after the shit shows he's been a part of in both Oakland and Cleveland now.

5 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Receiving a text or a call is not tampering.  Tampering comes with what you do after the text or during/after the call.

If a player under contract with a team contacts a coach or team staff member then the recipient of the contact is required by league rules to IMMEDIATELY contact that player's team and inform them that one of the players under contract for their team is looking to offer his services elsewhere.

Failure to do this is tampering.

2 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

If a player under contract with a team contacts a coach or team staff member then the recipient of the contact is required by league rules to IMMEDIATELY contact that player's team and inform them that one of the players under contract for their team is looking to offer his services elsewhere.

Failure to do this is tampering.

Not like Goodell would even do anything other than a slap on the wrist anyway.  Not like Gruden got caught smoking weed.  Now there's a bannable offense!

Archived