Jaime L

NBA 2018: Fear the Deer

4 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

But weren't people saying that the Knicks were a team Durant was considering, and that Porzingis would be a good fit with him?  Am I just imagining that second part?  I dunno, I'm always SUPER skeptical of teams clearing up a ton of room for cap space on the assumption that multiple all stars are about to sign with them.  That has worked out exactly once (Miami) and blown up in the face of a whole bunch of teams, including the Knicks.  If all you have to offer is cap space, you don't have much.

Even if they get luck and draft Zion, is that really going to interest Durant?  Throwing away the end of your prime while a superstar young talent finds his legs in the league?  Even an absolute dream scenario of Kyrie + Durant + Zion is probably not really built to win a championship right away and an awkward fit of talent to boot. 

I hear you. I don't know what happened. If Porzingis was unhappy and forced the hand, doesn't matter if Porzingis is a good fit with Durant or not. What annoys me most about that is Porzingis is the super star who's been hurt for a season and half. The reason they are losing is partly due to him and partly due to some horrible contracts signed before yet he's blaming the organization.

As for clearing cap space, you're right. Either they know something we don't or they're making a move that's going to massively backfire like all Knicks moves do. I'd take odds on the latter.

That being said, a team of Kyrie, Durant, Zion/Barrett, Knox, Smith + some pieces could be fun to watch and compete in the East. But literally everything would have to go right for that to happen and knowing the Knicks, absolutely zero chance it does.

Edited by Mexal

Jesus, if Kyrie is going to leave Boston to join the Dolan circus, good fucking luck with that.

I don’t think this deal is as bad as it looks. We have no idea where KP’s health is at, and it’s possible the Knicks fear that he won’t work out long term. In return they got another young player with upside, freed up cap space and increased their chances of drafting a guy who could have a generational impact. Sucks for the short term, but it things break right it could be a huge plus over the next decade.

16 minutes ago, Mexal said:

That being said, a team of Kyrie, Durant, Zion/Barrett, Knox, Smith + some pieces could be fun to watch and compete in the East. But literally everything would have to go right for that to happen and knowing the Knicks, absolutely zero chance it does.

Not absolute zero, just, like, .0001%.  Obligatory:

guysssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

WHAT THE FUCK???????????????????????????????????????????????????

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

WHAT THE FUCK???????????????????????????????????????????????????

I thought of you immediately when I saw the news... are you in a safe place?

I fucking quit. i Swear to fucking god im so fucking done with this motherfucking dickpimple bullshit. holy fucking shit

id rather have herpes of the anus than be a knicks fan. fuck this fucking fuck. ugh. im melting down. panic attack time. 

silver lining - at least im not also a mets fan.

fuck the nba. 

6 minutes ago, Relic said:

silver lining - at least im not also a mets fan.

fuck the nba. 

Dude, the trade isn't as bad as it feels. Sure you're punting for a few years, but it can turn out really well. Besides, ask yourself this: Are you confident in signing KP to a long term, high dollar deal? Because I wouldn't be. 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dude, the trade isn't as bad as it feels. Sure you're punting for a few years, but it can turn out really well. Besides, ask yourself this: Are you confident in signing KP to a long term, high dollar deal? Because I wouldn't be. 

STFU. KP obviously cant stay on the court, and i wouldnt mind trading him for potential equal value, since he's a top 15 player when healthy, but to trade him for the next JR Smith and a bag of soiled diapers is just insane. Punt for a few years? WE HAVE BEEN PUNTING FOR 18 YEARS. Your takes suck. 

7 minutes ago, Relic said:

but to trade him for the next JR Smith and a bag of soiled diapers is just insane.

I agree the trade is shit, but I don't think Dennis Smith and JR Smith have that much in common other than the last name.  And being professional basketball players.  Ok, maybe they have a lot in common, but they're different players.

21 minutes ago, Relic said:

STFU. KP obviously cant stay on the court, and i wouldnt mind trading him for potential equal value, since he's a top 15 player when healthy, but to trade him for the next JR Smith and a bag of soiled diapers is just insane. Punt for a few years? WE HAVE BEEN PUNTING FOR 18 YEARS. Your takes suck. 

Dude, KP isn't close to breaking into the top 15. He was having a very good year last season before he got hurt, but so far he's a career 18/7 big with an above average shot. That has potential to translate into a top 15 player, but he could just as easily turn into a nice player if he's your third option. And it's not like you didn't get anything back. Smith had a very solid rookie year, it's just that he can't play along side Luka, the new face of the franchise, which makes him disposable for the Mavs. You also got two first round picks, which could translate into nothing or possibly something special. All in all, it's not the end of the world, and KP by himself was not going to get you anything more than a first round playoff knockout. 

Stupid Magic beat the Pacers for no apparent reason.  When it comes to Oladipo, things just never seem to break Orlando's way.  I'll be here all night folks, with Norm MacDonald reading a newspaper.

Slate's too cute headlines bother me sometimes, but they have one now that's pretty good:  "Knicks trade Kristaps Porzingis, paving way for Knicks to remain Knicks."