What smart things has Sansa done?

Nerevanin

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Neither she nor any living person know how undead armies employ tactics for large-scale battles.

It doesn t matter.

Nobody can survive a long siege of dead creatures that bring freezing temperatures. If they don t attack then the living must attack. It is ww large scale fighting 101.

16 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

She made it sound like it was an accident when she knew very well that it wasn't. That's a lie.

She made Lysa out to be mad and wanting to kill her, and LF saving her, which isn't a lie. She left out some details. As it has been cited by you and others in this thread it was made out to be as Sansa kept pretending to be Alayne, etc. She didn't.

Just now, divica said:

It doesn t matter.

Nobody can survive a long siege of dead creatures that bring freezing temperatures. If they don t attack then the living must attack. It is ww large scale fighting 101.

Okay, I bow to your personal experience of fighting armies of undead :blink:

6 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Neither she nor any living person know how undead armies employ tactics for large-scale battles.

Um, her half brother/cousin has battled them more than once, he saw them all jump down a giant cliff at Hardhome and keep walking, it is beyond idiotic to think they're going to hunker down for a standard siege and starve them out. 

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

She made Lysa out to be mad and wanting to kill her, and LF saving her, which isn't a lie. She left out some details. As it has been cited by you and others in this thread it was made out to be as Sansa kept pretending to be Alayne, etc. She didn't.

I may be  misremembering, but I thought she said that Lysa threw herself out the moon door?

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Okay, I bow to your personal experience of fighting armies of undead :blink:

It is a matter of logic. The ww not only stop any kind of supply chain but they also bring awful weather. And even the show has shown how the temperature drops when the ww are around.

Or do you think it makes sense to plan to survive a long siege in these conditions?

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Um, her half brother/cousin has battled them more than once, he saw them all jump down a giant cliff at Hardhome and keep walking, it is beyond idiotic to think they're going to hunker down for a standard siege and starve them out. 

Hardhome had wooden palisade walls. An army of wights without a dragon would have a tough time scaling the walls of Winterfell.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting they ARE going to settle down for a siege; my point is that one can empathise with Sansa given the knowledge she currently has.

2 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I don't know why you insist on splitting hairs (it was a lie of omission). instead of focusing on the real point, which is, she knew LF murdered Lysa (he had already calmed her down and saved Sansa) and she didn't say so.

11 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

From what I understand cousins can inherit. As bastard he had no claim but as trueborn descendant of House Stark he would be able to inherit. He would be in the line of succession. 

Yes, but not first in line. Through male primogeniture it should technically go to Bran but he has abdicated, as you mention. Jon's last name is Targaryen now which is a just as much of a liability as Snow (maybe worse even?). His mother's side isn't strong enough to claim Winterfell when there are other living Starks around.

11 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

Lyanna is not an heir but Sansa is? That doesnt make any sense. Lyanna was Ned's sister. Just like Sansa is Bran and Robb's sister. She is only leading because she is a Stark. And Bran will not lead. 

Lyanna wasn't THE heir to WF at the time, which is what the Pact requires. The pact could also be fulfilled by Bran marrying a Targaryen but I dont think Dany would approve of that match. lol

7 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

In the show? Littlefinger pushed her out, in front of Sansas face.

That's how it happened in the books, too.

He and Sansa tell the Vale lords that Marillion killed Lysa. 

4 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I don't know why you insist on splitting hairs (it was a lie of omission). instead of focusing on the real point, which is, she knew LF murdered Lysa (he had already calmed her down and saved Sansa) and she didn't say so.

I'm not splitting hairs... It's how I read this claim about Sansa lying to those who came to investigate about Lysa's murder, and it seemed to me people were confusing book-Sansa's lies to Nestor Royce (a complete cover up) with show-Sansa revealing her identity. And it is important, because much of the Vale plotline is utterly moronic once Sansa outs herself to Royce and those with him, even if she told the truth in such a way it made LF look good at the time, especially when LF hands Sweetrobin over to Roye like that. It's a complete miracle that LF remained warden after that and as guardian of Sansa.

2 minutes ago, Ice Queen said:

That's how it happened in the books, too.

He and Sansa tell the Vale lords that Marillion killed Lysa. 

In the books that's the cover-up story. There's no Marillion in the show. They had him go to KL instead and have his tongue cut out IIRC by Joffrey in S2

Just now, sweetsunray said:

I'm not splitting hairs... It's how I read this claim about Sansa lying to those who came to investigate about Lysa's murder, and it seemed to me people were confusing book-Sansa's lies to Nestor Royce (a complete cover up) with show-Sansa revealing her identity. And it is important, because much of the Vale plotline is utterly moronic once Sansa outs herself to Royce and those with him, even if she told the truth in such a way it made LF look good at the time, especially when LF hands Sweetrobin over to Roye like that. It's a complete miracle that LF remained warden after that and as guardian of Sansa.

I had forgotten all about that. 

Just now, sweetsunray said:

In the books that's the cover-up story. There's no Marillion in the show. They had him go to KL instead and have his tongue cut out IIRC by Joffrey in S2

I think it's time for a re-watch. That whole plotline in the show is eluding me. 

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah I know, but didn't she tell the Vale lords that Lysa committed suicide?

yes she did.

1 minute ago, sweetsunray said:

It is better to not waste brain cells trying to understand something that doesn t make sense… Like did the vale lords just let sansa marry a Bolton? They didn t revolt against LF when they found that he gave sansa to the boltons? 

14 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Hardhome had wooden palisade walls. An army of wights without a dragon would have a tough time scaling the walls of Winterfell.

Anyway, I'm not suggesting they ARE going to settle down for a siege; my point is that one can empathise with Sansa given the knowledge she currently has.

They've got a dragon.  They've got undead giants as well.  They're dead, so all they really have to do is put up a zombie chain  to the top of the wall and climb over.  

No, there is really no reason to empathize with Sansa and her petty, passive aggressive comment about feeding the armies when the battle is coming within a matter of days, as her brother has just told everyone. 

Nor, is there any reason to sympathize with the lazy, disconnected writing that has her say something stupid that is meant to be smart.

5 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Yes, but not first in line. Through male primogeniture it should technically go to Bran but he has abdicated, as you mention. Jon's last name is Targaryen now which is a just as much of a liability as Snow (maybe worse even?). His mother's side isn't strong enough to claim Winterfell when there are other living Starks around.

Lyanna wasn't THE heir to WF at the time, which is what the Pact requires. The pact could also be fulfilled by Bran marrying a Targaryen but I dont think Dany would approve of that match. lol

That is why I said if all the Starks die then Jon inherits. Bran and Dany? Hmm. I can see it. :P

27 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Well, Lyanna is very sceptic of Sansa and many other Northern lords probaly just shut up, too. Marrying Tyrion Lannister made no impression on the North and marrying Ramsay Bolton even less. 

But they are currently kingless and so with that power vacuum, they are taking orders from her now. She is the de-facto ruler and has proved herself. Dany just thinks she's the person in charge. I guess they could elect Sansa as Queen in the North but I think she would decline because Dany would probably MURDER her lol.

I like your points and you're definitely asking good questions, but I wish you wouldn't call other posters ideas "bullshit" when all I said was that this reflects my thoughts on their relationship in E1.

Archived