Meanwhile Back at King’s Landing . . .

Nothing. Not one thing in this episode. 

On one hand I get focusing on the folks at Winterfell facing the end.

On the other I can’t help thinking the show has written itself into a corner with Cersei. She has literally four people to talk to and one of them is an undead person who wasn’t known for conversation when he was alive. It’s kind of a shame they’ve taken her story to a place where she won’t become interesting until she comes back into contact with whoever survives in the north. 

Honestly, I loved the focus on Winterfell. Sunny King's Landing and some of Cersei riding Euron would have spoiled the episode.

But yes, they had all three locations Last Hearth, Winterfell and King's Landing in the intro, so I wondered, too, why we only saw Winterfell. 

2 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Honestly, I loved the focus on Winterfell. Sunny King's Landing and some of Cersei riding Euron would have spoiled the episode.

But yes, they had all three locations Last Hearth, Winterfell and King's Landing in the intro, so I wondered, too, why we only saw Winterfell. 

That’s kind of the point, though. What is there to show at this point other than Euron and Cersei screwing?

I'm glad we saw nothing of KL in this episode. What's there to currently show?

Winterfell is where it's currently at. 
Here's where the majority of the characters we love are.
Here's where some of the characters preparing for the big battle.
Here's where some of the characters we love will die next episode.

Good riddance to Kings Landing I say. 

It tied with the song of the episode. Everyone fleetingly together, in one place, with all the joy they can get in the grief that was and is about to continue. There nothing else matters really.

It would be great though (it will not happen really) if the reason neither it nor the NK are shown is because the NK flew over there to recruit an army for the attack from the rear. 20K strong golden company of wights with adequate weaponry.

I do agree with not showing it, because honestly there wasn't much going on last episode. But that is also part of the problem. That Cersei is going to start coming up probably in the next few episodes, what has she been doing since then? Just sitting there. I don't think a five minute scene of her planing the attack or something would have hurt. Or the Golden Company going into formation or something.

It seems like there is in fact going to be a political game of thrones AFTER the War for the Dawn, even though this is very strange. I always thought that everyone including Cersei would have either died or come together into one huge Westerosi army before the Others' march south. The fact that Cersei is still down south with her armies and there probably will be a political war/fight after the war against the Others is really strange. Surely the War for the Dawn - the living VS the dead - should be the ultimate climax of the story and then there will just be a short rebuilding/reestablishing story after that where the characters will sort out the political problems best they can without major conflicts and then try to rebuild Westeros? That was what I thought would happen, but apparently Cersei is going to wage war even after the Others have been defeated. However, with only four episodes left and Cersei having taken absolute power of KL there's not much left that can happen in KL. She has no opponents there and the only thing left to happen is to have her army fight Dany's and Jon's armies.

Therefore there is no big need to show KL in this episode; the series is coming to an end and Cersei won't have any important interactions in KL until the good guys get there.

I'd be fine if nothing but the North was ever shown again. But really as everyone else is saying, there isn't anything or reason to show it. She has her army and her one trusted loyal man in Qyburn.  Wouldn't it be too far out there to buy it, if Daario was behind the Golden Company and they aren't really going to serve Cersei? I know it wouldn't make sense but stranger things have happened.

3 hours ago, nyser1 said:

I suspect Cersei's scheming is done off screen for a more shocking effect. Since most of the vale, riverlands, stormlands, reach, and dorne troops disappeared into thin air: The Golden Company has a straight march. 

There are still some Vale men at Winterfell. Aside from Lord Royce, they showed three Arryn men walking behind the Mormonts. 

19 hours ago, Lord Lyman said:

There are still some Vale men at Winterfell. Aside from Lord Royce, they showed three Arryn men walking behind the Mormonts. 

There are, but for some reason apparently 2,000 of the 20,000 (of the potentially 45,000?) originally at Moat Cailin came. The other 18,000 are doing the cotton-eye joe with the surviving Frey women.

I hope KL gets levelled. Not the people persay, but read Fire and Blood and consult Lady Olenna- basically KL sucks. Could do with a leveling. Cersei started it with the boom. The faith militant sacked a lot more than Lord Littlefingers whorehouse before that. It's 250 years past due for an overhaul. 

1 minute ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

You're assuming, of course, that they will be defeated before they reach the South.

Yeah I am starting to think more along the lines that next episode 75% of the north is dead and believes that they won, but never see the NK. 

In the interviews did they ever say that all of the battle scenes from Ep 3 were in the north? They talked extensively about shooting at night for like 30 days or whatever, could some of that have been shooting at KL and just keeping us in the dark about it?

I think no, but it would be this seasons oh shit moment if half the battle is at KL on screen. I don't know if I'd like that though since I am so invested in the North.

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah I am starting to think more along the lines that next episode 75% of the north is dead and believes that they won, but never see the NK. 

In the interviews did they ever say that all of the battle scenes from Ep 3 were in the north? They talked extensively about shooting at night for like 30 days or whatever, could some of that have been shooting at KL and just keeping us in the dark about it?

I think no, but it would be this seasons oh shit moment if half the battle is at KL on screen. I don't know if I'd like that though since I am so invested in the North.

It could be all at Winterfell. You have so many characters there right now that they are all going to need some sort of screen time. I don't think any other battle has had as many main characters as this one is going to have. Also the episode is going to be 80 minutes long. You're probably talking about a good 100 hours of actual film that needs to be shot.

Archived