So, who is going to be the "youngest and most beautiful" queen that will replace Cersei?

I want to say from a story perspective it should be Dany, but much of the story doesn't follow anyway.  I think it will be Dany since Sansa wants nothing to do with the South and really is (from what I remember) the only other potential queen who is still around.

I think Cersei believes it was Margaery, but it’s actually Brienne. 

Its Brienne who stole Jaime’s love away from Cersei. Brienne, who truly embodies the ideal of the chivalric knight. 

I don’t think the use of the word “queen” means that person will actually be a crowned ruler. 

Brienne is Jaime’s “queen of love and beauty”, in a sense. 

Cersei believes she’s beaten the prophecy by having Margaery killed, when in reality the actual “queen” has put into motion her death at Jaime’s hand. 

16 hours ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I think Cersei believes it was Margaery, but it’s actually Brienne. 

Its Brienne who stole Jaime’s love away from Cersei. Brienne, who truly embodies the ideal of the chivalric knight. 

I don’t think the use of the word “queen” means that person will actually be a crowned ruler. 

Brienne is Jaime’s “queen of love and beauty”, in a sense. 

Cersei believes she’s beaten the prophecy by having Margaery killed, when in reality the actual “queen” has put into motion her death at Jaime’s hand. 

Brienne is absolutely not beautiful. Granted the actress playing Brienne is not grotesque. But, the character is. It is NOT Brienne.

17 hours ago, The Prince who was not pro said:

Daenerys, Brienne and the Stark sisters.

I exclude Brienne. She is not the "younger and more beautiful queen". Neither queen nor more beautiful. The actress is quite good looking but the character is supposed to be not attractive in the traditional Westerosi perspective.

We have the choice between Daenerys and Sansa.

Daenerys can take everything from her and still fail to establish herself as queen.

Sansa is now a player and she might actually win the Game of Thrones.

2 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Brienne is absolutely not beautiful. Granted the actress playing Brienne is not grotesque. But, the character is. It is NOT Brienne.

I'm assuming The_Spanish_Inquisition was not referring to Brienne's physical beauty (or lackthereof) but to her inner beauty.  

That said, I don't think it's Brienne, either. 

I've been thinking for years that it is Brienne. Margaery, Dany or even Sansa are too obvious candidates, while Brienne has been always described as very ugly in the books. The current state of the story in the show kinda hints it too imo: Jaime fell in love with Brienne and realizes that that is the true love and all this makes him distance himself from Cersei, and now he is heading south and I'm pretty sure that he kills Cersei eventually. And all that kinda because he met Brienne in S2.

2 hours ago, Kajjo said:

I exclude Brienne. She is not the "younger and more beautiful queen". Neither queen nor more beautiful. The actress is quite good looking but the character is supposed to be not attractive in the traditional Westerosi perspective.

Hard to say in the show but in the books Brienne is younger than Cersei. Cersei and Jaime are in their 30s while Brienne is like 21. As for beauty, I think this is the case of "it's what inside that counts".

1 minute ago, Nerevanin said:

As for beauty, I think this is the case of "it's what inside that counts".

But it is not called beautiful. Beauty is clearly "the look", discarding any post-modern politically correct nonsense.

Attractiveness might be a different scenario, though. 

Just now, Kajjo said:

But it is not called beautiful. Beauty is clearly "the look", discarding any post-modern politically correct nonsense.

Attractiveness might be a different scenario, though. 

how about inner beauty? For me it makes a perfect sense that the "queen" is Brienne.

Archived