snow is the man

Were dany's hallucinations at the end of book five some form of...

Were they a sort of "spirit quest". Yeah she is sick and running a fever but she seems to be finding out who she is from characters from her past and such.  I was thinking of this when wondering if she is going mad or not. I know they are just fever dreams but I think it will make her realize who she really is and help fight some of the doubt. I may be wrong but what does everyone else think. Was this a "spirit quest" type journey. Or will it end up meaning nothing.

I'm not sure if they were necessarily hallucinations. She is delirious because she is sick. But there are other stuff like Quaithe's voice, and all those stars she keeps seeing, the "whispering" grass, that kind of seem like prophetic hints. I don't think we can say it's a "spirit quest" because she doesn't willingly go on it. More like fever dream. But remember, Dany's fever dreams are magical/prophetic in nature. In Book 1, after she miscarries, she gets a fever and starts dreaming very tell-tale dreams. 

I think it will have a major impact on her going forward.

"It is such a long way," she complained. "I was tired, Jorah. I was weary of war. I wanted to rest, to laugh, to plant trees and see them grow. I am only a young girl."

No. You are the blood of the dragon. The whispering was growing fainter, as if Ser Jorah were falling farther behind. Dragons plant no trees. Remember that. Remember who you are, what you were made to be. Remember your words.

"Fire and Blood," Daenerys told the swaying grass.

ADWD: Daenerys X

In a weird way, yes. I don't think anyone was transmitting those thoughts at her ala BloodRaven. I think there was a lot of truth buried deep inside of her mind and her weakened state allowed some of these thought to come to the fore.  She has to decide who she is.