Follow this link

Parris

Thank you for giving us this confirmation, Parris! I've been squuueeeing all morning, but I was afraid we'd learn the story was a hoax.

If writing to HBO will help, I'm very happy to do so. Anyone in particular we should flood with letters? ;)

ETA: Email sent!

From HBO's site, in case anyone (else) wants to drop HBO a line:

"How can I contact HBO to express my opinions about their programming?

You may contact HBO's Consumer Affairs Department at 212-512-1208 Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM Eastern Time. You can also write to us using the link below"

The link:

http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contact...iontype=general

Not sure if these are the right people to contact, but this was all I could find.

In my excitement, I've forgotten to send along my hearty congratulations as well. :blush:

Thanks X-Ray and everybody, this has been an on-off-on project for many months, and we couldn't say anything to anyone. George's email box is overflowing with notes from people who have read the news this morning. I'm waiting for the first message from somebody he worked with out in Hollywood but hasn't heard from in a decade to inquire if there's a job/script/episode they can work on.

Please remember folks, this is just an option. HBO has not 'greenlighted' pre-production, let alone hired directors, paid for the scripts to be written, set a production schedule or put it into their programming. At the least, I don't think we'll see AGoT until 2009, more likely 2010.

On a scale of 1 to 10 on the Awesometer, this ranks at a solid 9.2.

I did have a brainwave earlier on today which may have been me subliminally picking up on this news: Ciaran Hinds as Tywin (since my previous choice, Patrick Stewart, was getting on a bit and is probably too expensive now)? Hmm.

And congrats to George. I'm guessing he'd want to write either the first or last episode of each season? I know there are going to be compromises in the story (hopefully minor) and it's good to know that these will be done under George's supervision.

Rutger Hauer :love:

I'm sure I proposed him as Tywin in one of the numerous casting threads :D

I wanna Chris Lee as Jorah Mormont, Monica Bellucci as Melisandre and Chris Walken as Roose :love:

And tat's the budget gone after that, no doubt ;)

WRITE to HBO, people. Write twice. Send a postcard. Make a phone call. Then do it again next month.

Done - had to put in a .com email address on their feedback form for them to accept it but they've got their feedback from a crazy Scot... and they'll keep getting it until i see this in production - dammit :P:D

Archived