Follow this link

Parris

Congratulations on a great deal (even if it is only an option at this stage). It will be great to see what HBO comes up with, and with GRRM's background in television, he'll know exactly what he's getting into with this. Good news all round!

(And yes, I've already pestered HBO about it through the online form.)

Good God no.....unless it's as Waymar Royce and he gets to die in the first few minutes.

(can't stand him, and he cannae act worth a damn)

It would be great to cast a really big-name actor as Waymar Royce. It would be an appropriate start to the series for the audience to assume he'll be a major character in it, but then he gets killed before the opening credits ;)

**does happy dance**

My favorite series done by my favorite network... couldn't better news!!! I seriously can't wait!

We should have invited the writers to the Worldcon, then we could have done some casting calls.... ... ...

-Cuellar

I hope George will be sitting on the casting bench, to make sure all the actors are perfect for the character they're playing... (even if it may take a little longer to get the books done). I don't think I could trust anyone but George to do this.

Wow, this just made my day! I've been wishing for the books to be done as a cable series for the longest time. I am concerned, however, with the writers taking liberties with the script and rearranging how things went as compared to the books (like parts of LOTR). The books are so perfect as they are - I don't want anyone mucking them up. I know George will have plenty of input. I'm just concerned that when switching to a different form of media compromises will have to be made.

And just think when this is a series how many more people will be turned on to fantasy writing!!!

As for casting, I'm not a big movie or TV person so I can't offer too many suggestions. But if Arya makes it to adulthood, I always thought that I'd be a perfect match with my long face, unruly brown hair and eyes that are (most of the time) grey. :P

I've spent entire weeks daydreaming about how my favorite characters would play in a movie. When this happens, I'm definitely getting HBO.

:thumbsup:

Unless Stego has some hidden talents in method acting, I think we'd be in for a very different Varys:p

Didn't he tell you? All that ex-marine stuff was just for a role. ;)

Adding my heartiest congratulations to George, Parris... :)

Along with the hbo news, Variety.com reported that the fifth installment is nearly complete. Is it true?

Nearly is a relative thing. I wouldn't listen to Variety regarding the books. :P

The books are so perfect as they are - I don't want anyone mucking them up.

And if this does happen, you probably are going to have to accept some changes. Its part of the business. ;) As you said, its a different media.

Remember, folks: the books can't be mucked up. They'll still be there, on your shelf, pristine and untouched. ;)

maybe not pristine and untouched - more like battered and well-loved... but I agree with your point ;):D

I think we really should start sending those cards (although they will only work when they are from Americans, I suppose).

Oh, I dunno... the prospect of likely sales of overseas/DVD rights will, I imagine, do wonders for HBO's thinking. ;)

Oh, I dunno... the prospect of likely sales of overseas/DVD rights will, I imagine, do wonders for HBO's thinking. ;)

That's what I'm banking on - I'm waiting for that knock on the door and the charges for stalking - can you be charged with stalking a company :unsure:;)

Archived