Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tywin et al.

A Super Necessary And All Important Survey Question

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Heh, I kind of like Bounty bars.

Also a little confused by the dislike for the generally inoffensive Smarties I googled it and it turns out Smarties are a different thing in the US.

Just looked up U.S. smarties, they are totally different. Look a bit like some sweets we get here which the name of escapes me right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Just looked up U.S. smarties, they are totally different. Look a bit like some sweets we get here which the name of escapes me right now.

YOUR CANDY IS WHAT'S DIFFERENT!!! DON'T CALL MY DELICIOUS SUGARY SWEETS DIFFERENT YOU UNCLEAN HEATHEN!

ACCEPT CHRIST!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. The US Smarties looks a bit like Love Hearts or something. 

If I may be crude for a moment: looking at what you guys call Smarties explains a lot about your president and how he could be elected. 

Now, all I need is a sweets-based explanation for BoJo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rorshach said:

Now, all I need is a sweets-based explanation for BoJo.

I think the decline in British politics all started when good, sensible, Marathon bars got renamed Snickers.  I mean, who goes into a shop and asks for a snicker? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sidebar is now full of ads for various sweets. Thanks a lot, board, now I am craving chocolate bars and candies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

My sidebar is now full of ads for various sweets. Thanks a lot, board, now I am craving chocolate bars and candies.

My sidebar is full of adds for Bounties  (which I rather like especially dark choclate ones)  and things that are most definetly NOT smarties.  also the picture quality is poor so reads Sharties,  - which is strangely appropriate given the anti smartie complaints from our US friends.

 

I therefore propose for the avoidance of transatlantic confusion US Smarties to be Renamed Sharties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Essan said:

I think the decline in British politics all started when good, sensible, Marathon bars got renamed Snickers.  I mean, who goes into a shop and asks for a snicker? 

You need to ask someone in a shop to find your candy for you?  I've never been more thankful we're independent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

My sidebar is full of adds for Bounties  (which I rather like especially dark choclate ones)  and things that are most definetly NOT smarties.  also the picture quality is poor so reads Sharties,  - which is strangely appropriate given the anti smartie complaints from our US friends.

 

I therefore propose for the avoidance of transatlantic confusion US Smarties to be Renamed Sharties.

I'm getting the exact same ads. Do Americans not get actual smarties? It took a moment to recognize what those little chalk like fruit flavoured pellets were. Then I remembered that they're called rockets in Canada.

Honestly this is the kinder surprise thing all over again. America cut that shit out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

YOUR CANDY IS WHAT'S DIFFERENT!!! DON'T CALL MY DELICIOUS SUGARY SWEETS DIFFERENT YOU UNCLEAN HEATHEN!

ACCEPT CHRIST!!!!

Don’t take it personally, Jace. Those weirdo Eurocommies spell the word color “colour.” They throw random “u’s” in everything. No taste at all. SAD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Don’t take it personally, Jace. Those weirdo Eurocommies spell the word color “colour.” They throw random “u’s” in everything. No taste at all. SAD!

Not just the Eurocommies but the Cancommies neighbours just north of you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maarsen said:

Not just the Eurocommies but the Cancommies neighbours just north of you. 

I always knew there was something fishy about you wildlings. 

Also, "Cancommies" sounds like a person who makes sure everyone gets the same amount of beer.

#Cans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Maithanet said:

You need to ask someone in a shop to find your candy for you?  I've never been more thankful we're independent. 

This is less common now but the way chocolate bars were displayed in places like post offices, newsagemts, off-licenses etc was/is on a sort of display unit at the till, which was positioned so that for at least some of them the person behind the till had to reach over and pass it down, especially if you were a child

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This is less common now but the way chocolate bars were displayed in places like post offices, newsagemts, off-licenses etc was/is on a sort of display unit at the till, which was positioned so that for at least some of them the person behind the till had to reach over and pass it down, especially if you were a child

or Pebble height adult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 5:05 AM, Buckwheat said:

My sidebar is now full of ads for various sweets. Thanks a lot, board, now I am craving chocolate bars and candies.

For the longest time mine was flooded with Zappos ads because @Mlle. Zabzie had to go and show off her heels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I'm happy to bring those back.  There is a pair of glittery zebra print heels that I have been eyeing.....

We need more of these posts. I miss the old shoe ads as well.

 

Right now all I got are ads for one book on Canadian politics, one on The Battle of Breton Woods, and 2 on Bismark. 

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×